• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

I will NOT have all this shade being thrown at Xtina for topping the charts with a feature when I had to endure MONTHS of the Knee Stans gloating over Britney's success with S&S.

i0vnqgUUwUiE5.gif

1 A Great Big World - Say Something (feat. Christina Agui... 1.000
57 Broken Spearit - Cologne 0.1395
61 Broken Spearit - Welfare Bitch 0.1333
62 A Great Big World - Say Something 0.1306

ibrm7vQuig05XL.gif

royalan

I wasn't around when this was occurring.

So you can't really accuse me of gloating about it now can you?

i0vnqgUUwUiE5.gif

Oh, that's right. You're young and know not what you do.

Anyway, mark my words. Say Something's success is but one step in what has been flawless maneuvering for the perfect comeback. Now that Irving Azoff, Christina's manager, is no longer bogged down by LiveNation/Ticketmaster, he's been making a serious of perfect moves for Christina.

--FTM
--Weight loss.
--We Remain
--New "nice" persona on The Voice.
--Say Something

The pieces are in play. I'm calling it now: the next time we see Xtina on the chart, it WILL be with her own song.

Speaking of features, I have yet to hear Do What U Want on the radio. I did hear Katy's Unconditionally and Taylor's Everything Has Changed on the radio today, though, and both sounded really good.

Oh, that's right. You're young and know not what you do.

Anyway, mark my words. Say Something's success is but one step in what has been flawless maneuvering for the perfect comeback. Now that Irving Azoff, Christina's manager, is no longer bogged down by LiveNation/Ticketmaster, he's been making a serious of perfect moves for Christina.

--FTM
--Weight loss.
--We Remain
--New "nice" persona on The Voice.
--Say Something

The pieces are in play. I'm calling it now: the next time we see Xtina on the chart, it WILL be with her own song.

BookmarkedT for a future clock.

Koodo

Banned
The self-clock of the #Shitters airing their yeast infections about Say Something is astronomical

If Chart Something Briefly could top the iTunes chart after a single un impressive performance, the exposé on the LOTUS songs performed on the same show that utterly failed to claw their ways to any position of decency shine an incredibly focused light of failure on anything from THE LEGEND that has a significant contribution from her larynx.

Poor it, and its things.

Speaking of features, I have yet to hear Do What U Want on the radio. I did hear Katy's Unconditionally and Taylor's Everything Has Changed on the radio today, though, and both sounded really good.

And it got released to radio this week right? I don't know what her team's waiting for. Time to promote!

Also, very surprised that she didn't do any album promo this week. No TV interviews so far this era (on network TV anyway). Wonder why.

Cynosure

It just occurred to me, Broken Spearit isn't being dragged much at all here for flopping as hard as she is. I think she's doing worse than Lotus did. By now, Legend at least had Just A Fool floating around the top of itunes. Cologne is on its way to be out of top 100 soon

A flop that bad was never more deserving
burn the disgrace

i29uoJiiIEGRE.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
And it got released to radio this week right? I don't know what her team's waiting for. Time to promote!

Also, very surprised that she didn't do any album promo this week. No TV interviews so far this era (on network TV anyway). Wonder why.

Troys's idea was to keep the momentum going past the first week, thats why there is SNL next weekend, AMA's the week after, then the Muppet's special

Her base will take care of the first week

royalan

The self-clock of the #Shitters airing their yeast infections about Say Something is astronomical

If Chart Something Briefly could top the iTunes chart after a single un impressive performance, the exposé on the LOTUS songs performed on the same show that utterly failed to claw their ways to any position of decency shine an incredibly focused light of failure on anything from THE LEGEND that has a significant contribution from her larynx.

Poor it, and its things.

LOL - and what's Britney Jean's excuse?

Shouldn't you be busy praying for a few people to start remembering Britney and her music? Or are you too distraught due the fact that Britney's most mentally lucid era (who knew such a thing was still possible?) is also turning out to be her most irrelevant?

Anyway, can't wait for her Vegas residancy to start. I'm sure we'll be getting TONS of flawless gifs and youtube videos of Britney's expert choreo and live performances...

Q2PHLRu.gif

Troys's idea was to keep the momentum going past the first week, thats why there is SNL next weekend, AMA's the week after, then the Muppet's special

Her base will take care of the first week

That's true... last era was crazy front-loaded. Fine, I will perch and hope for the best.

Then again she fired his ass. lol

royalan

But how does Jean factor into this, other than coming from a seething byproduct after sipping the #truth about Legendary Failures? Kii.

You mean, it doesn't sting just a little bit? The very idea that, as Britney becomes more and more aware of herself and independent, the world seems to give less and less of a fuck? How demoralizing. Truly the antithesis of an artist.

Meanwhile, Christina is living her life on her terms, and is quite easily on the cusp of a comeback as well. Oh, what will you do when that day comes?

Christina's getting ready to soar to new heights, and your fave is getting ready to redefine the term "laughing stock."

tumblr_mvueclxnkI1qjdgemo3_250.gif

royalan

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i

Sis, you should know by now not to give me devastating receipts to bring up in the future. Good luck. *.*

We'll see. *.*

Meanwhile, I'll just bathe in the receipts your fave's giving me right now.

ibrZ0uUEe2NXqg.gif

Yado

And we were lovers
Now we can't be friends
Fascination ends
Here we go again
Cause it's cold outside, when you coming home?
Cause it's hot inside, isn't that enough?

I'm not in love

i15lGlEN0Z1B1.gif

royalan

They are adorbs. True #Fighters.

Anyway, I hope they're working with Christina on HER album. There's no proof, of course, but the fact that she's been in the studio lately and on the lookout for new production talent tells me that she's eyeing them for her OWN material.

Christina is DEFINITELY going Indie on her next album. I'd bet EVERYTHING on that.

Ed Sheeran
Ryan Tedder
A Great Big World

THAT'S what the album is going to sound like.

Hopefully we get at least ONE XXX banger, tho. :(

Cynosure

They are adorbs. True #Fighters.

Anyway, I hope they're working with Christina on HER album. There's no proof, of course, but the fact that she's been in the studio lately and on the lookout for new production talent tells me that she's eyeing them for her OWN material.

Christina is DEFINITELY going Indie on her next album. I'd bet EVERYTHING on that.

Ed Sheeran
Ryan Tedder
A Great Big World

THAT'S what the album is going to sound like.

Hopefully we get at least ONE XXX banger, tho. :(

loving it

Hopefully that's what she's been doing ever since her trip to Amsterdam and she's in the final stages. She has to release something soon and capitalize on the GP's thirst for her.

ibbNl7uRezeUg6.gif

Is that guy Art Garfunkel's son

1. I had to google the name
2. I guess I kinda see the resemblance

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Mumei

I for one think that it's good that the #Fighters are supporting their fave in her new role as a features artist. I don't think the Munsters would be as supportive if Gaga just started turning in 20 seconds in the middle of a Wanted song. I think it's commendable tbh.

You know, just last night I was thinking how happy I was for them. They can actually stan their fave's successes instead of proxy stanning Miley / Rihanna / NotBeyoncé.

Mumei what do you think of Kristin Chenoweth?

I'm not very familiar with her. I heard her in Candide on DVD, which is hilarious and I strongly recommend it, but that's all I've heard.

Sorry for the late reply. I was actually pretty sick last night. Skipped the gym because something was messing up my equilibrium somehow. Feeling a bit better now, though.

Sigh. I've tried responding to this post several times tonight, and issues kept coming up. Ugh. Hopefully this time it works!

Way ahead of you:

Yeah, I actually saw that post but I wasn't sure if you'd looked at the descriptions to find out, so I thought I'd mention it just in case!

Even as she goes up the scale and sustains a belt, it's consistent throughout. Whitney's video only further emphasized the tonal disparities between the two.

I also didn't realize back then how Regine how a lot of unsupported belts, even to the point where she'll continue singing while still out of breath, producing a nasty, muddy tone while attempting to do a run. I used to think it was because it was musically not within her capability to reproduce it faithfully.

Can I also mention here how horrible Filipino singers are at harmonies?
(I say this as a partial pinoy)

Yes. It's entirely in the tonal quality, as usual. Regine is one of those singers where her strain manifests as a thin, loud tone that is entirely lacking in the overtones you expect to hear in properly resonated singing. It's easier to her strained, shouted singing when it has that guttural quality, but if you contrast it with singers doing it properly you can hear it.

All very excellent points. They sustained damage but seemingly prevented immediate problems because of proper singing, while Regine is known to take every ridiculous step known to man to "preserve" her voice, which is properly helping her sustain healthier chords temporarily until her body's own self-repair mechanisms are unable to keep up.

Regine is probably much like a Celine (with more flaws); she does a really, really good job taking care of her voice in terms of lifestyle and non-singing vocal habits, and her bad vocal habits aren't so bad as to cause dramatic damage. And Jessica Simpson is rather the opposite of the bolded - terrible technique, still seems to have the same tone she's always had.

I'm being flooded! It'll be a while before I get through all of them. I like to discover gems and really live in them. As for SoHyang being 35, those Asian genes man. I thought she was in her early twenties.

Yep. And there's a tip-off in the description of WestVoice's video; he mentions that most of the clips come from 2010 - 2012, and that she wasn't as secure technically when she first came out in the early 2000s. It's nice to hear that she wasn't this fantastic when she first came out, and that she worked to improve to this point. I think it's something a lot of good-but-not-great singers could stand to learn from.

Speaking of singers going outside of their comfort zone, one performance of Lara's I really like is her attempting Addio del Passato from La Traviata. Lara has phenomenal breath support for a singer of popular music, but I think it's clear from the lack of dynamism or ease that it's not in her comfort zone, and I think it's impressive that a professional recording artist would put herself in a position to be judged on her singing in a genre and style that she's not as adept at. I think her lack of comfort is more apparent when you hear an opera singer performing it.

And I think she sounds more comfortable (less constricted, as Leona would say) when she's singing here. I think it's partially the mic, but not entirely.

Cynosure

I guess an Xtina stan would be used to receiving its music straight from the trash

ibnY6oanoVUzir.gif

bitch, why haven't you made a gif collection of TVD cast hilariously crying in Bonnie's funeral?

I'm in the 5th episode now and this season has been so damn good so far.

ibd493zLQXLyTq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom