• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
And yet even with gaga's massive declines she still manages more than the 'queen of pop'
Perhaps we should do a Godel and go to metacritic, where the 'mediocre' ARTPOP is rater higher than Rihanna's last three albums.

I won't deny that Rih is huge, but she is only queen of singles and radio, and it looks like Katy will snatch that title from her anyway.

I think the facts here have to do with trajectory. Rih is almost a decade in and still getting #1s and decent album numbers, while Gaga is already showing signs of a strong decline. Can't even compete with Katy for radio.

I mean, I am sure this doesn't matter to her stans since they will still be here for her when they don't have the receipts to stan for. I'm sure.

2u79j6gjpg.gif

Cynosure

and $100 million tour is cute, try $200 M tho
I mean you are basically applauding Rihanna for finally achieving what her other peers have already done

+ none of Rihanna's last 4 albums even reached 7 million WW. TTT and Unapologetic barely sold above a million in the US.
Rihanna will never be competition to Gaga
only Katy, Beyonce and Legend X are.

2u79j6gjpg.gif

Yado

Rihanna just needs more time. Some people said she'd never get a #1 album in the US and she did it on her 7th try.

2u79j6gjpg.gif

Artemisia

Banned
+ none of Rihanna's last 4 albums even reached 7 million WW. TTT and Unapologetic barely sold above a million in the US.
Rihanna will never be competition to Gaga
only Katy, Beyonce and Legend X are.

2u79j6gjpg.gif

Why is 7 million a significant number? Sounds to me like it's completely arbitrary and you are using it just to exclude Rihanna.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think the facts here have to do with trajectory. Rih is almost a decade in and still getting #1s and decent album numbers, while Gaga is already showing signs of a strong decline. Can't even compete with Katy for radio.

I mean, I am sure this doesn't matter to her stans since they will still be here for her when they don't have the receipts to stan for. I'm sure.

2u79j6gjpg.gif

All this trajectory talk just proves how small Rihanna was to Gaga, and still is. Despite all these strong declines Rihanna still won't be able to pull in the album numbers, still wont be able to pull in similar tour receipts and even though she is the supposed queen of radio and racking up all the number #1, she still hasn't had a song that has outsold Born This Way.

You can proclaim Rih to be the queen when Gaga declines under her level. But until that day comes she can remain a lady in waiting along with the others.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Atrl? I feel tricked and dirty.

Cynosure

Why is 7 million a significant number? Sounds to me like it's completely arbitrary and you are using it just to exclude Rihanna.

Gaga's decline is real but her level is still higher than Rihanna's
We'll see how ARTPOP sells. If she can't get to 7 million like she did with BTW, then what does she have left when her singles are flopping

you're using that number to suggest that Gaga could possibly be below Rihana's level, a number Rihanna failed to reach with her last 4 albums.

ibwIiC4nzwyP2V.gif

Artemisia

Banned
you're using that number to suggest that Gaga could possibly be below Rihana's level, a number Rihanna failed to reach with her last 4 albums.

lbwIiC4nzwyP2V

BTW sold 7 million sis, that's why I used it.

If she gets to 4 or 5 million, she won't be that much higher than Rihanna anymore, while still putting out flop singles.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rihanna also cultures new and undiscovered organisms in her vagina so there's that in her column.

Rihanna
+Biologist

Gaga
+4 incredible albums that raise the bar for humanity

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I like Swine :(

I'm gonna be honest....I like everything except Aura and that awful J&D song. Dope is ok, but obviously I don't want to bop to it in the middle of a pop album as good as this one.

royalan

I also think Bangerz is a much better (and, strangely, much BOLDER) album than ARTPOP.

That Bluegrass/Trap/Pop fusion Miley goes for is infinitely more interesting (and fun) than anything found on ARTPOP.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes ARTPOP. But still, tea is tea.

DTyFuRE.gif

I like Swine :(

I'm gonna be honest....I like everything except Aura and that awful J&D song. Dope is ok, but obviously I don't want to bop to it in the middle of a pop album as good as this one.

Can you change my username to Mary Jane Holland?

I don't care for Aura nearly as much as I once did.

ibjqA2as0ySunS.gif

Kyon

Banned
ARTPOP is not a bad album and it's Gaga's final return to form. I don't even hate it

But it's fucking FORGETTABLE.

I always go back to BANGERZ

Adore You, SMS, WCS, My Darlin, Drive, Wrecking Ball, Maybe You're Right, Someone Else.

All solid.

Artemisia

Banned
ARTPOP is forgettable tbh. Nothing makes you want to come back and listen to it again. And it's long ass running time doesn't help either.

Am I witnessing Xaoslug's prophecy pertaining to the abandonment of ARTPOP?
Will Christina rise?

Sis, there's a difference between a prophecy being fulfilled thanks to the real world probability of something happening and one fueled by utter delusion with no real world basis.

Guess which is which.

ibqVEt58mgMd3D.gif

Fey

Banned
The album is not urban anymore. It took the personal route.

Well at least she had fun recording the album.

Maybe next album.

Yeah. It doesn't seem like he'd really fit for the sound they seem to be going for now. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom