• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Hello, sistren. Hope there's place for one more! I've been secretly following you since the OT2, after the Googoosha
ironic
stanning
(since then I introduced some of my friends to her light and made them watch "How Dare" in its entirety).

Please be kind since English isn't my first language so there's bound to be some typos and grammar errors, but I'll try to keep that to a minimum.

I have to introduce myself, right? I'll keep this short. 6'2'', male, European, likes pizza and hot men. And good music, of course.

Artists I'm listening to right now: Say Lou Lou, Inc., St. Lucia, Washed Out, Icona Pop, Charli XCX. Oh, and Jessie Ware, too. When I'm in the mood for something really mainstream, I go for Robyn, Ellie Goulding, Rihanna (mostly songs from "Loud" and "Rated R") and Ke$ha.

And occasionally even Taylor Swift

Btw, someone mentioned that Kimbrallah is recording a new album, but they forgot to mention she's also working with Daniel Johns (of Silverchair fame). I'm really excited about that collaboration, especially because he hasn't done anything worthwhile since 2007, except for the occasional model or drugs. This might be his chance to turn things around.

Phreaker

Welcome Vazduh

tumblr_mdd6ws6rBz1qh05tv.gif

Hello, sistren. Hope there's place for one more! I've been secretly following you since the OT2, after the Googoosha
ironic
stanning
(since then I introduced some of my friends to her light and made them watch "How Dare" in its entirety).

Please be kind since English isn't my first language so there's bound to be some typos and grammar errors, but I'll try to keep that to a minimum.

I have to introduce myself, right? I'll keep this short. 6'2'', male, European, likes pizza and hot men. And good music, of course.

Artists I'm listening to right now: Say Lou Lou, Inc., St. Lucia, Washed Out, Icona Pop, Charli XCX. Oh, and Jessie Ware, too. When I'm in the mood for something really mainstream, I go for Robyn, Ellie Goulding, Rihanna (mostly songs from "Loud" and "Rated R") and Ke$ha.

Btw, someone mentioned that Kimbrallah is recording a new album, but they forgot to mention she's also working with Daniel Johns (of Silverchair fame). I'm really excited about that collaboration, especially because he hasn't done anything worthwhile since 2007, except for the occasional model or drugs. This might be his chance to turn things around.

Hello sis. Welcome to the Promised Land.

tumblr_inline_mqbmiyfMeW1qz4rgp.gif

Yado

ironic
stanning

iSXCYS8vDec4r.gif

Trigger

I've been secretly following you since the OT2, after the Googoosha
ironic
stanning

oh

iFOBR2FDtzLnn.gif

I guess we can't all be perfect.

Welcome! *.*

botty

Banned
ironic
stanning

hey welcome.
ibuOVcDWZodFMU.gif

ironic
stanning

Oh my.

Hello to you sir. Welcome to POPGAF.

You like Ellie and Ke$ha so you're good in my book. I'm warming up to Jessie Ware and Taylor Swift lately, so that's awesome that you like them as well.

Feel free to tell us more about yourself too, hehe.

ibanifdRBZDZI.png
ibanifdRBZDZI.png
ibanifdRBZDZI.png
ibanifdRBZDZI.png
ibanifdRBZDZI.png

I spent £15 on Killzone 2 when I bought my PS3 and I still feel ripped off.
Bye. Killzone 2 was amazing.

Still love you, though, sis.

And Infamous. :O
I'm such a flop Playstation stan. I forgot about inFAMOUS for a bit there. I'm very much looking forward to Second Son.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ellie, Icona Pop, Charli XCX and most importantly Kesha?
Welcome to the fold of good taste!

ibz15o5OfaJw7Z.gif

Met some random footballer while out last night, and all my male friends proceeded to go crazy over him. Where are the random popstars roaming the streets of london at two in the morning?

Yado

i3ZKJ3edVDQ7W.gif

I hate when people pull looks from magazine shoots to accuse someone of plagiarism. Like Rihanna would style her own hair to look like that.

Mau ®

So I was very high last night and I decided to listen to ARTPOP in its entirety.

It's not even good while high. Except Dope, Aura and Gypsy.

Mau ®

Isn't it interesting how Selena Gomez delivered a better pop album than Katy and Gaga tho?

The girls should take notes and start releasing Rihanna rejects. Miley and Gomez did their homework this year.

2u79j6gjpg.gif

Artemisia

Banned
With the ARTPOP era underperforming, and Gaga being expected to sell only 375k copies of her album I think it's time we finally accept that Rihanna is the queen of pop.

28alt1wdwu7p.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh, when did Rihanna sell more than 375k?

Mau ®

EMINEM – The Monster f/Rihanna: 56.565 (+ 4.041)

If it keeps up, it will be #1 in less than 3 weeks. Mark my words.

Her 13th #1 is coming.

Artemisia

Banned
Oh, when did Rihanna sell more than 375k?

Rihanna's album sales have been increasing since her debut. There is a clear uphill climb, there. Her singles presence hasn't diminished, either. Gaga went from selling 400k singles in 3 days and 1 million albums in a week to selling 200k singles in a week and less than 500k albums in a week.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Rihanna's album sales have been increasing since her debut. There is a clear uphill climb, there. Her singles presence hasn't diminished, either. Gaga went from selling 400k singles in 3 days and 1 million albums in a week to selling 200k singles in a week and less than 500k albums in a week.

1.5M -> 4M -> 8M -> 3M -> 6.5M -> 3.3M -> 3.14M

you need to trash that dictionary that gave you that definition of uphill
Gaga's decline is real but her level is still higher than Rihanna's

Fey

Banned
Mau ®;89174917 said:
Isn't it interesting how Selena Gomez delivered a better pop album than Katy and Gaga tho?

ddd now that I think about it, I probably enjoyed Stars Dance as much as Prism and ARTPOP.

Artemisia

Banned
Gaga's decline is real but her level is still higher than Rihanna's

We'll see how ARTPOP sells. If she can't get to 7 million like she did with BTW, then what does she have left when her singles are flopping, and every bitch is going on a $100 million tour?

Matt_

And yet even with gaga's massive declines she still manages more than the 'queen of pop'
Perhaps we should do a Godel and go to metacritic, where the 'mediocre' ARTPOP is rater higher than Rihanna's last three albums.

I won't deny that Rih is huge, but she is only queen of singles and radio, and it looks like Katy will snatch that title from her anyway.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
We'll see how ARTPOP sells. If she can't get to 7 million like she did with BTW, then what does she have left when her singles are flopping, and every bitch is going on a $100 million tour?

One single under-performed yet will still go 2x plat, she isn't struggling as much as you try to paint it as

and $100 million tour is cute, try $200 M tho
I mean you are basically applauding Rihanna for finally achieving what her other peers have already done

Matt_

In other news, Christmas is around the corner, which means that John Lewis has yet again delivered another iconic Christmas advert, The Bear & The Hare

The song is a cover of Keane's 'Somewhere Only We Know' by the one and only Lily Allen

Honestly I don't know what John Lewis puts in these adverts but they ALWAYS make me well up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom