• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm almost tempted to stay up till the early hours to watch this unfold live

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
the sculpture

BYv-LKlCIAEmwCC.jpg:large

Icicle

I see her having a malfunction, accidentally flying into the audience, and impaling little monsters on those spokes sticking out of the bottom.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, Brandy's been given too much shit for too long.

Oh, and the world would be a better place with fewer Monsters.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Not my housemate belting out say my name say my name on the shitter
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

He could give Michelle a run for her money tbh

Matt_

Oh it wasn't Say my name it was Drake - Girls love Beyonce
Still counts right?

3phemeral

ddd of course the one Katy performance where she slays is the one I can't watch

Don't worry, you didn't miss any slayage. Mostly awkward dancing with vocals that should be, at the very least, considered an expectation of the bare minimum and not an example of Katy's singing "prowess." Gaga's X-Factor and DWUW performances may have been a visual mess, but she's nowhere near vocally as inept Katy's "best."

So Mileys EMA performance was a flop. I mean a midget tho in some faux applause outfit? Like no... However Robin is killing his beautiful falsetto performance with Iggy Azalea killing her verse in his song. Not him picking my favorite song from Blurred Flop as his second performance 0_0..

Not Bruno Mars looking like Micheal Jackson long lost son lol!

royalan

Don't worry, you didn't miss any slayage. Mostly awkward dancing with vocals that should be, at the very least, considered an expectation of the bare minimum and not an example of Katy's singing "prowess." Gaga's X-Factor and DWUW performances may have been a visual mess, but she's nowhere near vocally as inept Katy's "best."

Sis, no.

Gaga's vocals were a MESS in both of those performances.

Her only saving grace was the X-Factor intro to Venus. But DWUW was a damn embarrassing. She misses EVERY note above, like, B4. Breathless, pitchy, a damn mess.

Granted, Katy's performance isn't impressive if you weigh her against, say, Beyonce or Burlesque-era Christina. But she WAS solid. Which is more than can be said for Gaga's recent performances.

Mumei

Sis, no.

Her only saving grace was the X-Factor intro to Venus. But DWUW was a damn embarrassing. She misses EVERY note above, like, B4. Breathless, pitchy, a damn mess.

Granted, Katy's performance isn't impressive if you weigh her against, say, Beyonce or Burlesque-era Christina. But she WAS solid. Which is more than can be said for Gaga's recent performances.

But so does Burlesque-era Christina?

Sis, no.

I have to disagree with this right now. I'm watching the EMA, Katy is doing unconditionally and she is absolutely garbage. She was standing in one spot then was lifted into the air and is howling like a kyote getting mauled by a bear. She is terrible. None of her best beat Gagas iTunes festival, not even by a stretch. Even Gaga could at least upkeep her vocals suspended in the air.. Damn even Pink could... Katy wasn't even moving and didn't try.

#Death

royalan

I have to disagree with this right now. I'm watching the EMA, Katy is doing unconditionally and she is absolutely garbage. She was standing in one spot then was lifted into the air and is howling like a kyote getting mauled by a bear. She is terrible. None of her best beat Gagas iTunes festival, not even by a stretch. Even Gaga could at least upkeep her vocals suspended in the air.. Damn even Pink could... Katy wasn't even moving and didn't try.

...sis, we're talking about her SNL performance right now. Nobody cares about this.

But so does Burlesque-era Christina?

True or not, Burlesquetina was more impressive than ARTPOPGA.

3phemeral

Sis, no.

Completely disagree. Katy's vocals were decent in contrast to her usual bad performance. Gaga's may have been growled and under pitch on that DWUW performance on GN, but her belts are way stronger and more consistent, and this is even while dancing. Katy achieved that SNL vocal with paraplegic quality dancing. Let's not forget that Gaga sounded way better doing Venus than she did while doing DWUW.

ibm1J71faU1gBp.gif

royalan

Completely disagree. Katy's vocals were decent in contrast to her usual bad performance. Gaga's may have been growled and under pitch on that DWUW performance on GN, but her belts are way stronger and more consistent, and this is even while dancing. Katy achieved that SNL vocal with paraplegic quality dancing. Let's not forget that Gaga sounded way better doing Venus than she did while doing DWUW.

ibm1J71faU1gBp.gif

We're gonna have to disagree.

Gaga has yet to successfully sing DWUW's middle 8. Her vocals are GONE by the time she gets to that point. Her voice is also gone by the time she get's to Venus' second bridge.

Katy genuinely impressed me when she was able to sing WoA's bridge AND hit the E5 after all that movement she was doing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
At long last

Artpop_cover.png

ARTBOP or ARTFLOP?

Aura -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Venus -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

G.U.Y. -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Sexxx Dreams -
d7dKJUf.png

Jewels N' Drugs -
d7dKJUf.png

MANiCURE -
d7dKJUf.png

Do What U Want -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

ARTPOP -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Swine -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Donatella -
d7dKJUf.png

Fashion! -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif
but the last 30 seconds are
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Mary Jane Holland -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Dope -
d7dKJUf.png
d7dKJUf.png
d7dKJUf.png
d7dKJUf.png
jesus gaga what are you doing
d7dKJUf.png
d7dKJUf.png
did you write this at the end of the a four day ket binge
d7dKJUf.png

Gypsy -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif
justice for Highway Unicorn
Applause -
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Some songs felt like they could grow on me. ARTPOP remains the highlight and the only truly great song though.

Overall I would call ARTPOP an ARTBOP, and something of a return to form after Born This Way
iCVFIwRxoJKzf.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You don't like Donatella or Manicure? i cannot.

I am so FAB. I'm blonde. I'm skinny. I'm rich. And I'm a little bit of a BITCH #dead

3phemeral

We're gonna have to disagree.

Gaga has yet to successfully sing DWUW's middle 8. Her vocals are GONE by the time she gets to that point. Her voice is also gone by the time she get's to Venus' second bridge.

Katy genuinely impressed me when she was able to sing WoA's bridge AND hit the E5 after all that movement she was doing.

I agree Gaga's performances have been a miss. Katy's performance, to me, was cute in that "Oh, she was able to pull that off without her usual problems." Her E5 wasn't that spectacular and pretty sure she scaled up to it and sustained it very briefly before cutting the note. I'm speaking in terms of the quality of instrument when you compare them, and when you hear Gaga belting like this, Katy would have a absolute vocal hemorrhage. I'm just not sure why Gaga's insistent on duplicating those growled vocals on DWUW as they sound a mess and obliviously exhaust her voice incredibly quickly.

Not you making a gif out of this girl.
I just had to, especially at that part. I can't believe they even sell her as singing those pitch-corrected or hell, even completely computer-generated layered whistles. But she definitely ain't singing those naturally.

cory64

I just had to, especially at that part. I can't believe they even sell her as singing those pitch-corrected or hell, even completely computer-generated layered whistles. But she definitely ain't singing those naturally.

The Joakim Mogren of voices tbh
Except not iconic.

royalan

I agree Gaga's performances have been a miss. Katy's performance, to me, was cute in that "Oh, she was able to pull that off without her usual problems." Her E5 wasn't that spectacular and pretty sure she scaled up to it and sustained it very briefly before cutting the note. I'm speaking in terms of the quality of instrument when you compare them, and when you hear Gaga belting like this, Katy would have a absolute vocal hemorrhage. I'm just not sure why Gaga's insistent on duplicating those growled vocals on DWUW as they sound a mess and obliviously exhaust her voice incredibly quickly.

Well, yeah. But, to be fair, GAGA'S hemorrhaging, too.

That belting was a loud mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom