• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Stefan™;90563899 said:
6FrV0Wr.png

I screamed.

I thought she didnt care about sales/write for the charts?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

Nemesis_

Even if she doesn't care, she can't thank her fans for it regardless? Y'all do the most.

She's only gone Platinum in Canada right now though, that's 80,000 copies last time I checked. She should've just said Canada. >_>

Kyon

Banned
Even if she doesn't care, she can't thank her fans for it regardless? Y'all do the most.

She's only gone Platinum in Canada right now though, that's 80,000 copies last time I checked. She should've just said Canada. >_>

Then she shouldnt say things then do the complete opposite a second later actin a fool. Thats why she always gettin dragged -__-

moulels

BUT THE STARS IN THE SKY LOOK LIKE HOME, TAKE ME HOME
AND THE LIGHT IN YOUR EYES LETS ME KNOW I’M NOT ALONE
wYpYInK.gif

NOT ALONE NOT ALONE NOT ALONE
wYpYInK.gif

NOT ALONE NOT ALONE NOT ALONE
wYpYInK.gif

Nemesis_

Then she shouldnt say things then do the complete opposite a second later actin a fool. Thats why she always gettin dragged -__-

Her album got the the #1 position - she's thankful for that? I don't understand. She said she doesn't write for the charts - which is fair enough. She can feel that way - but why should she just not acknowledge the people who just paid money to put her to number 1.

She's just being gracious.

Mau ®;90565419 said:
Indie Jean isn't sounding very good, is it?

tumblr_inline_mwh1jwQdq91qf95xj.gif

RCA inadvertently putting out sleep aids for the entirety of 2013.

Aguila

#ICONIC

I'm sure she's already gone platinum in Brunei Darussalam

XQHChOI.gif

Kyon

Banned
Stefan™;90565681 said:
That's what you get for giving Briney full control over her album.

iMe2hiOA9b571.gif

What an idiotic statment.

ITZ shits on any and everything your succubus fave could ever produce from the deepest trenches of her used up hot pocket

Nemesis_

aaaand still doesnt take away my point. You could change the goalposts anytime

Britney has been an incredible amount of ordeals and what not since In The Zone happened. She's also older. It's not about changing goal posts it's about thinking about what she's capable of after what happened to her.

I'm not even shading, but to think she's in the same space psychologically and physically since In The Zone a whole ten years ago is just plain delusion.

Kyon

Banned
Death @ the resident La Perra stan coming for something being generic.

XQHChOI.gif

she stans anything alive and breathing so i can see why she doesnt stan Knee

Britney has been an incredible amount of ordeals and what not since In The Zone happened. She's also older. It's not about changing goal posts it's about thinking about what she's capable of after what happened to her.

I'm not even shading, but to think she's in the same space psychologically and physically since In The Zone a whole ten years ago is just plain delusion.

aaaaaand where did i say anything about her state of mind or what space she's in in any of my posts?

and its cute you wanna come for DELUSIONS lets NOT with THAT coming from YOU of ALL PEOPLE

royalan

Death @ the resident La Perra stan coming for something being generic.

Prism sounds a whole lot more exciting than Britney Jean, tbh.

I've yet to hear a BJ ballad touch any of the Prism ballads, or hear a song as unabashedly fun as Birthday, International Smile, or Walking on Air (Work Bitch notwithstanding). BJ also doesn't seem to have a track nearly as sensual as Spiritual.

From what we've heard so far, Prism shits on Britney Jean from a great height. Its promo does, too.

All the Perry haters need to just take their Ls and eat some crow. For all the shit she gets in this thread, she's outperformed a lot of our faves, and effortlessly so.

Nemesis_

aaaaaand where did i say anything about her state of mind or what space she's in in any of my posts?

Umm, what do you think "full control over her album" means? are you admitting that Britney doesn't have a mind or volition because I don't know how else she's meant to be doing with "full control" if she hasn't got that left.

and its cute you wanna come for DELUSIONS lets NOT with THAT coming from YOU of ALL PEOPLE

Yeah okay keep on trucking with these ad hominem fallacies

Fey

Banned
Not pitting my new fave vs my 15 y/o fave. Both Katy and Britney (it seems) made solid pop albums tbh

britney-2.gif

I do think, in the end, I'll think Prism > BJ

>>>>>>>>> ARTPOP

botty

Banned
If you have the Starbucks App, they're offering a free song from HAIM's album. It's called "Honey & I." Not the best song on the album, but definitely a cute bop. :)

Trigger

Everyone should download Honey and I. It's lovely.

Mau ®;90566503 said:
Can't believe a day would come that a Perra album would be better than a Britney Spears or Lady Gaga album.

2013 has been full of surprises.

Aguila

#ICONIC
All the Perry haters need to just take their Ls and eat some crow. For all the shit she gets in this thread, she's outperformed a lot of our faves, and effortlessly so.

oh, I wouldn't say effortlessly. Capital poured all their resources into Perra. She had a pepsi deal (supporting diabetes and bad heath choices), she had a Prism truck travel across the country (polluting our clean air), she had walmart's support (wasting precious resources on tacky stickers), she packed seeds with her album (endangering natural wildlife in foreign countries), and she's done a lot of performances (clogging our airwaves with mediocre dancing routines).

oh, I wouldn't say effortlessly. Capital poured all their resources into Perra. She had a pepsi deal (supporting diabetes and bad heath choices), she had a Prism truck travel across the country (polluting our clean air), she had walmart's support (wasting precious resources on tacky stickers), she packed seeds with her album (endangering natural wildlife in foreign countries), and she's done a lot of performances (clogging our airwaves with mediocre dancing routines).

All that needs to be said. I mean, go in.

#justice4Sky
#justice4NightTimeMyTime

Kyon

Banned

Wait i cant top this

like ever

royalan

But to me that's the very definition of effortless.

She's had a ton of promotional opportunities, and perfectly executed pretty much all of it. Not one real notable misstep. Katy's promo for Prism has almost been as effortlessly flawless as Taylor's RED promo.

For contrast, just look at Gaga. Probably a bigger promo budget at this point, and she's botched it at pretty much every turn.

Nemesis_

ij7wxU2YOrXDU.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
But to me that's the very definition of effortless.

She's had a ton of promotional opportunities, and perfectly executed pretty much all of it. Not one real notable misstep. Katy's promo for Prism has almost been as effortlessly flawless as Taylor's RED promo.

For contrast, just look at Gaga. Probably a bigger promo budget at this point, and she's botched it at pretty much every turn.

I guess it is effortless for Perra herself, but the machine behind her is definitely working. If only other artists had such a machine behind them.
i458fpeuNjw9b.png

in non indie/underground artist news:

Queen of Disney HiLEGENDARY Duff has now done a collaboration for Nick Jr. with Dora the Explora and your faves this year literally cant

http://www.nickjr.com/video/?videoid=120157

i9Z4g3ohrWD6b.gif

you did nawt just make me watch that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom