• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Is MarcMonster apart of the haus? Seems like if you're a good enough fan there can be some benefits.

isu5Y9KLpdZxB.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Honestly even I don't get it. lol
Remember she brought those gay marines with her

“Well, it is certainly no disrespect to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian,” Gaga explained. “As you know, I am the most judgement-free human being on the earth. However, it has many interpretations. For me this evening, if we don’t stand up for what we believe in and if we don’t fight for our rights pretty soon, we’re going to have as much rights as the meat on own bones. And, I am not a piece of meat.”

Partition

Banned
I've actually come to accept lately that my fave isn't as special as she and her fans think she is. Of course I would of never of doubted the fact, but lately it has just actually began to turn me off and really annoy me.

Never has her facade been so transparent than it is now with her ARTPOP era. I was led disappointed by the hype, self absorbency, ART, and the waiting period of silence she made us endure through. She releases objectively something way more tame than anyone expected, especially compared to her last valiant effort. So when she goes and does interviews like this and pretends like she is making anything more than POP music, I begin to get really annoyed. I mean it's ironic that her last album was more artistic than ARTPOP, but yet she still needs to come up with adverse ways of describing her music or herself that is not accurate instead of just showing us her true ART-POP.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the album and Gaga is still the best out of the bunch from her peers, but she is losing sight of what makes a good popstar. If you want to innovate, then do it. If you want to make great hooky pop music, sure that's great too. But this pretense than she can act like her music is anything but the latter has got to go.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh. Xao was right. The stans are turning on her already

She is really floundering as a pop star lately. Which just makes me want her to go off, work with underground producers, and make something truly innovative. I believe she could do it. But she'll never do it as long as she's still a mainstream player. She's probably afraid to even approach Born This Way's level of veering off the main path with any future albums. Maybe not, though. Maybe she'll truly do whatever she wants to do for her next album. But I have my doubts.

Oh. Xao was right. The stans are turning on her already

Kiiiiiiiiiii. Her foresighT.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
dead, the monster world is turning on itself

in other news Applause spends its 14th week on the top 10

1. Lorde - "Royals" (=) 8th week at #1
2. Eminem - "The Monster (feat. Rihanna)" [=]
3. Miley Cyrus - "Wrecking Ball" (=)
4. Avicii - "Wake Me Up" (+1)
5. Katy Perry - "Roar" (-1)
6. OneRepublic - "Counting Stars" (+1)
7. Imagine Dragons - "Demons" (+1)
8. Drake - "Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan)" [-2]
9. Lady Gaga - "Applause" (+1)
10. Pitbull - "Timber (feat. Ke$ha)" [+5]

and Ke$ha gets another top 10 as well

I've actually come to accept lately that my fave isn't as special as she and her fans think she is. Of course I would of never of doubted the fact, but lately it has just actually began to turn me off and really annoy me.

Never has her facade been so transparent than it is now with her ARTPOP era. I was led disappointed by the hype, self absorbency, ART, and the waiting period of silence she made us endure through. She releases objectively something way more tame than anyone expected, especially compared to her last valiant effort. So when she goes and does interviews like this and pretends like she is making anything more than POP music, I begin to get really annoyed. I mean it's ironic that her last album was more artistic than ARTPOP, but yet she still needs to come up with adverse ways of describing her music or herself that is not accurate instead of just showing us her true ART-POP.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the album and Gaga is still the best out of the bunch from her peers, but she is losing sight of what makes a good popstar. If you want to innovate, then do it. If you want to make great hooky pop music, sure that's great too. But this pretense than she can act like her music is anything but the latter has got to go.

What if she speaks so articulately about her work because she wants people to appreciate pop music as an artifice? Who's to say that pop music as she makes it (and in effect, how all her contemporaries do) isn't art though? It's very true that ARTPOP sounds more radio-friendly and "regular" than Born This Way did, but isn't that what we wanted from her following BTW? It seems like her stans want her to make music that's accessible but also music that's alternative and unique. I feel like after listening to Born This Way all the way through, as a listener I WANT to hear her come back to square one a bit, to show that she can make good songs without having to brand them with heavy connotations that bloat the entire experience.

I think ARTPOP strikes a perfect balance for her. It allows her to talk artistically about pop music which is I think needed because no one else is, and the genre deserves a spokesperson. It's also accessible so that people who buy into her weighty commentary can find value in it, and people who just want catchy pop music can bop to it. It's a win-win. I don't see why she has to get dragged down consistently, either by the "just make catchy pop music" crowd or the "make something truly out there" crowd.

Also, Aura, Venus and ARTPOP are more experimental than anything on Born This Way.

botty

Banned
I don't think gaga's stans are turning on her. Maybe they are just seeing the girl behind the aura. I mean, I know she tells them how special they are to her... but at the end of the day they're just a number for some old white guy to crunch. I think they [monsters] have a particularly hard time understanding this concept.

As the lone Ke$ha fan remaining after the DISGUSTING, TREACHEROUS POPGAF WARRIOR BANDWAGON BETRAYAL OF 2012, I would like to offer my condolences to the Little Monsters for the loss of their fave's career. The Animals are accepting applications now.

(Ke$ha stans are called Animals, right? Or are they Warriors now?
M8yxpRi.gif
)

Bladenic

dead, the monster world is turning on itself

in other news Applause spends its 14th week on the top 10

1. Lorde - "Royals" (=) 8th week at #1
2. Eminem - "The Monster (feat. Rihanna)" [=]
3. Miley Cyrus - "Wrecking Ball" (=)
4. Avicii - "Wake Me Up" (+1)
5. Katy Perry - "Roar" (-1)
6. OneRepublic - "Counting Stars" (+1)
7. Imagine Dragons - "Demons" (+1)
8. Drake - "Hold On, We're Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan)" [-2]
9. Lady Gaga - "Applause" (+1)
10. Pitbull - "Timber (feat. Ke$ha)" [+5]

and Ke$ha gets another top 10 as well

Slay Kesha. And congrats to most of those songs in the top 10, they've been there a while.

And Aura is definitely the most experimental song on ARTPOP. And it slays. Hard.

Katerina.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
I see these as Gaga's main problems

1. She blew up way to soon, now she most likely has a bit of a god complex, so to speak (she can't do anything wrong, etc.)
2. The hyper-connection between her and her fans. They further provide her with too much positive feedback, and she is way too attached to them.
3. Concerning this era, she has taken her message of "art" way too far.

Points 2 and 3 especially are what have been alienating her to the general public. GP doesn't want to hear you cry about your little monsters all the time. GP aint' here for your wonky, pretentious dissertations on pop music.

Somebody needs to delete ha LM account, delete ha twitter, lock her in a closet in Djibouti, Africa with a pen and paper so she can write music, and let her creativity run free by allowing her to make costumes out of animal carcases and trees.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

Her music is fine tho. imo *.*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
As the lone Ke$ha fan remaining after the DISGUSTING, TREACHEROUS POPGAF WARRIOR BANDWAGON BETRAYAL OF 2012, I would like to offer my condolences to the Little Monsters for the loss of their fave's career. The Animals are accepting applications now.

M8yxpRi.gif
)

Ch... What is this
Hew was it that made threads for Timber and ha last video? The light of the trampy queen has never left my heart.
I think it was animals but she tried to change it to warriors? Animals is better tbh

I love when Gaga calls pop music art. The fumes of the Real Music lovers.
M8yxpRi.gif

Ch... What is this
Hew was it that made threads for Timber and ha last video? The light of the trampy queen has never left my heart.
I think it was animals but she tried to change it to warriors? Animals is better tbh

o hi there
xeuHftI.gif

botty

Banned
I see these as Gaga's main problems

1. She blew up way to soon, now she most likely has a bit of a god complex, so to speak (she can't do anything wrong, etc.)
2. The hyper-connection between her and her fans. They further provide her with too much positive feedback, and she is way too attached to them.
3. Concerning this era, she has taken her message of "art" way too far.

Points 2 and 3 especially are what have been alienating her to the general public. GP doesn't want to hear you cry about your little monsters all the time. GP aint' here for your wonky, pretentious dissertations on pop music.

Somebody needs to delete ha LM account, delete ha twitter, lock her in a closet in Djibouti, Africa with a pen and paper so she can write music, and let her creativity run free by allowing her to make costumes out of animal carcases and trees.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

Her music is fine tho. imo *.*

omg she's the Wii U.

5zvrU.png

edit: Fire DJWata

M8yxpRi.gif
)

I actually liked most of Warrior, am I in?

SaintZ

I have been listening to Thinking Of You a lot tbh, it must have been a sign of Ke¢ha's resurgence.

I hope Avril can team up with Shitbull sometime and it revives ha career in America too.

Bladenic

I have been listening to Thinking Of You a lot tbh, it must have been a sign of Ke¢ha's resurgence.

I hope Avril can team up with Shitbull sometime and it revives ha career in America too.

I too listened to Warrior after jamming to Timber. Die Young, C'Mon, Thinking of You, Only Wanna Dance With you, Gold Trans Am, Past Lives, Last Goodbye, Out Alive, and Supernatural all slay.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ip8a3Pk4UmLCX.gif

we are 2 weeks away from the last pop album that
anyone here will care about being released so
I suggest ya'll start compiling your list for the
2nd Annual PopGAF Grammy Awards

iWQCehMgrAhES.gif

Matt_

Oooh new Popgaf Grammys. If ARTPOP can't win even that I will seethe
OT8 shall be iconic

I meant it as more of a "die Applause die" scream. I can't believe it's hung around this long when it's such an average song.

It's Do What U Want's turn to shine.

It'll keep lingering until DWUW gets its shit together. It needs a video really badly. lol

Honestly super impressed at Applause's performance, then again Roar's just as old a song and it's still going very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom