• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Lorde lie?

iJnTZdkseHrxm.gif

[edit]: O, bitch dun lied when she went in on Lana. Bye.

I don't get the opulence remark regarding Lana. Her music may have some opulent aspects to it, but at its heart it's very simple and doomed love centered.

Lorde needs to stop giving interviews until she matures more tbh.

royalan

I don't get the opulence remark regarding Lana. Her music may have some opulent aspects to it, but at its heart it's very simple and doomed love centered.

Lorde needs to stop giving interviews until she matures more tbh.

I agree. She doesn't know what she's talking about. I don't even stan Drake's music, but I know enough about it to know that he doesn't just rap about opulence. He raps about love, and feelings, and Rihanna.

And opulence (in a tragic, lolita sorta of way) is kind of Lana's thing. It's called having a creative vision.

This troll doll needs to stop fronting: she's maybe listened to one or two songs by all these artists she's shading.

xaosslug

In the first movie she totally doesn't, but by the beach scene she realizes that she's actually developing feelings for him. She obviously has them for Gale too. THE DRAMA IS REAL.

well, shit. I'm gonna need to see the movie to judge how much bullshit is involved, because as far as I can tell it's like how actors 'fall in love' with each other. A little bit of shared experience here, some character/RL feeling bleeding into each other there, etc, etc... mess. >_>

PM me the deets, sis. I could use a good cackle.

Done, tbh

well, shit. I'm gonna need to see the movie to judge how much bullshit is involved, because as far as I can tell it's like how actors 'fall in love' with each other. A little bit of shared experience here, some character/RL feeling bleeding into each other there, etc, etc... mess. >_>

Read the books, honestly. Katniss' relationship with each is definitely more defined than in the movies.

Took a walk out the door
On the day you died
And I looked up to the sun
And I saw fireflies
Now I can't see no border
Between the day and the night
You were torn all your life
Between those fireflies

Fire
It's only fire
It's only fire
It's only fireflies
Fire
It's only fire
It's only fire
It's only fire

2qvt73t.gif

Valhelm

contribute something
Click images to listen on Spotify *Natalia Kills*

I just listened to Trouble and I'm really impressed. It's not quiiite my cup of tea, but I can totally appreciate her vocal and lyrical talent, and the music is awesome. I loved Television, Problem, and Controversey. The mix of grittiness, femininity, and sci-fi effects was really amazing. The whole album was just dripping with sleaze, mental imbalance, futurism, and sex.

I just listened to Trouble and I'm really impressed. It's not quiiite my cup of tea, but I can totally appreciate her vocal and lyrical talent, and the music is awesome. I loved Television, Problem, and Controversey. The mix of grittiness, femininity, and sci-fi effects was really amazing. The whole album was just dripping with sleaze, mental imbalance, futurism, and sex.

Yay! I'm glad you liked it, and Pupi will be too. Did you see the other recommendations? I can find mine again if you need me to.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is the Miley Cyrus performance even worth catching up on? I want to sleep after Gaga performed

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Christina on a Gaga track? No thank you.

pDDDl9Y.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
let's take a minute to appreciate god

http://www.rogerebert.com/interviews/dolly-parton-gee-shes-really-nice

Update, 2008: This 1980 interview is all quite true, but it entirely misses something. It must have happened at a different time, and I can't track down the piece. Here's what I remember. I had a one-on-one interview with Parton in a hotel suite. As we spoke, I found myself enveloped by her presence. This had nothing to do with sex appeal. Far from it. It was as if I were being mesmerized by a benevolent power. I left the room in a cloud of good feeling. Next day, Siskel and I were sitting next to each other on an airplane. "This will sound crazy," he said, "but when I was interviewing Dolly Parton, I almost felt like she had healing powers."

What Dolly did was to come in with her brash, unaffected personality and sweep away all that paranoia in a rush of good will. It left everybody standing around afterward feeling a little goofy.

52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

praise dollysus

royalan

So who slayed and who failed last night? I didn't see most of the performances.

Xtina SLAYED

JLo..whew girl JLo WERKED

Miley was ok. Tired, but ok.

Rihanna Rihanna'd, which means she was iconic without much effort.

I think Gaga might have performed, too. I'm not sure.

Mau ®

Xtina feat. Hews will be #1 once Beiber's vile song #939038 drops out in ten minutes.

The Monster is actually #1 combined

Mau ®

1. LORDE – Royals: 195.936 (- 3.956)
2. AVICII – Wake Me Up: 186.647 (- 1.661)
3. DRAKE – Hold On We’re, Going Home: 163.998 (+ 0.026)
4. MILEY CYRUS – Wrecking Ball: 146.974 (- 0.509)
5. IMAGINE DRAGONS – Demons: 142.021 (+ 1.968)
6. KATY PERRY – Roar: 132.028 (- 4.068)
7. EMINEM – The Monster f/Rihanna: 122.264 (+ 4.959) BIGGEST UPDATE
8. ONEREPUBLIC – Counting Stars: 111.756 (+ 3.390)
▲
9. LADY GAGA – Applause: 110.306 (- 3.021) ▼
10. JAY Z – Holy Grail f/Justin Timberlake: 92.120 (- 1.363)

11. KATY PERRY – Unconditionally: 80.733 (+ 0.834)
12. ROBIN THICKE – Blurred Lines f/Pharrell & T.I: 72.909 (- 0.894) ▲
13. CAPITAL CITIES – Safe And Sound: 71.330 (- 2.574) ▼
14. PITBULL – Timber f/Ke$ha: 67.003 (+ 1.837) ▲
15. SELENA GOMEZ – Slow Down: 66.717 (- 0.0382) ▼
16. ZEDD – Stay The Night f/H. Williams: 65.530 (+ 1.438) ▲
17. KEITH URBAN & MIRANDA LAMBERT – We Were Us: 64.555 (+ 0.018) ▼
18. CHRIS BROWN – Love More f/Nicki Minaj: 63.903 (+ 0.069)
19. JOE NICHOLS – Sunny And 75: 63.272 (+ 0.016) ▲
20. PASSENGER – Let Her Go: 62.966 (+ 1.841) ▲

PARAMORE – Still Into You: 62.090 (- 1.716)
PARMALEE – Carolina: 59.628 (+ 0.276)
MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – White Walls f/ScHoolboy Q: 54.425 (+ 1.317)
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – TKO: 54.365 (- 0.080)
NEIGHBOURHOOD – Sweater Weather: 53.007 (+ 0.941)
ELI YOUNG BAND – Drunk Last Night: 52.905 (+ 0.883)
THE BAND PERRY – Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: 49.202 (+ 0.108)
LADY GAGA – Do What U Want f/R. Kelly: 46.857 (+ 2.183)
JAY Z – Tom Ford: 44.557 (+ 0.312)
JASON DERULO – Marry Me: 41.050 (+ 0.371)
CASSADEE POPE – Wasting All These Tears: 37.886 (+ 0.433)
SEVYN STREETER – It Won’t Stop: 37.040 (+ 0.297)

BASTILLE – Pompeii: 28.759 (+ 0.786)
LUKE BRYAN – Drink A Beer: 28.048 (+ 0.917)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Compass: 26.864 (+ 1.186)
ONE DIRECTION – Story Of My Life: 24.121 (+ 0.957)
ELLIE GOULDING – Burn: 22.997 (+ 1.300)
ARIANA GRANDE – Right There f/Big Sean: 22.762 (+ 0.253)
DANIELLE BRADBERY – The Heart Of Dixie: 18.438 (+ 0.692)
A GREAT BIG WORLD – Say Something w/C. Aguilera: 17.041 (+ 0.669)
LORDE – Team: 13.959 (+ 1.175)
FLO RIDA – How I Feel: 9.856 (+ 0.447)
BRITNEY SPEARS – Perfume: 9.646 (+ 0.367)
CALVIN HARRIS – Thinking About You: 9.205 (+ 0.296)
KELLY CLARKSON – Underneath The Tree: 5.038 (+ 0.367)
AVICII – Hey Brother: 4.101 (+ 0.358)
DEMI LOVATO – Neon Lights: 1.573 (+ 0.108)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Where We Came From: 0.488 (+ 0.004)
MILEY CYRUS – Adore You: 0.066 (- 0.006)
______

Mau ®

"Say Something" will be performed this week too on some late night TV Show (I forgot which one tho). The song is gonna smash. There is no doubt now.

Mau ®

Okay I'm watching all the (relevant) AMAs performances and will post my impressions afterwards. :)

Let me try and predict the structure of your RIHview:

+ Open with a paragraph about the current state of the industry. How image and having a good team is now more important than having TALENT. The days of TALENT are now GONE and I'm sad.

+ GAGA slays your faves. Performance truly shows why she's above all other girls and completely embodies her panache and bravado as performer. Best performance of the night and of the era and of the forever until the next Gaga performance.

+ Rihanna was horrible. She doesn't deserve the ICON award. She's not iconic, nor influential and I hate her so much I'm seething you have no idea just how much!!!

+ Nothing else truly matters after Gaga

+ A few lines about how Bey would've slayed the night and how the industry needs someone like her but instead she remains a legacy touring act.

Matt_

I was really dissappointed in Rih actually.
She's the first recipient of that award so she should have brought ha A game

xaosslug

Did the Lorde lie?

iJnTZdkseHrxm.gif

[edit]: O, bitch dun lied when she went in on Lana. Bye.

i agree, tho. Lana Del Rey's music is about as deep as Taylor Swift's, negl, not to mention her idiotic, suicidal visuals. smdh

Mau ®;91234618 said:

+ Open with a paragraph about the current state of the industry. How image and having a good team is now more important than having TALENT. The days of TALENT are now GONE and I'm sad.

+ GAGA slays your faves. Performance truly shows why she's above all other girls and completely embodies her panache and bravado as performer. Best performance of the night and of the era and of the forever until the next Gaga performance.

+ Rihanna was horrible. She doesn't deserve the ICON award. She's not iconic, nor influential and I hate her so much I'm seething you have no idea just how much!!!

+ A few lines about how Bey would've slayed the night and how the industry needs someone like her but instead she remains a legacy touring act.

izAxiJn1npVqz.gif

xaosslug

Rihanna was horrible though, they all were.

what kind of BLATANT lies... smh

but I really dug Rihanna's performance. I mean she's not he best singer, and she can't really dance (aside from the Pon Da Replay dance) but she was emoting like whoa!, and I think that's what Rih has to tap into if she wants to be more than a pretty little hit machine.

Trigger

Mau ®;91234618 said:

kiiiiiii

I'm still perched for Soulsis's impressions. He's a good writer.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I like you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom