• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Iggy Azalea and Frank Ocean Cover Oyster Magazine #103

iggy_0pyos3.jpeg
oyster_magazine_frank42oxd.jpg

I'd post all the pictures of Frank but I'm not sure that would be fine after our recent thread deletion
9f1de191apq9y.gif

Miley is also covering Harper's Bazaar
She looks great.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Iggy Azalea and Frank Ocean Cover Oyster Magazine #103

I'd post all the pictures of Frank but I'm not sure that would be fine after our recent thread deletion
9f1de191apq9y.gif

Lawd if we arent even allowed to to post them I best start stanning someone else because I wont be able to post anything

edit; Electric lady shits. Too many interludes though. Suite 4 > suite 5

xaosslug

looking back/thinking on it Gaga used to be so FUN when she was in on the joke. I mean she's always been a 'joke character' of sorts, but these days she seems to be taking herself a lot more seriously... how boring.

Oh and Wrecking Ball passed 100 million in a week. Who else is even trying?
Almost twice as many as Applause's 4 week total and Roar's 1.5 week total.

Triley's the new Psy CONFIRMED.
ihLAbd4JgA7Yj.gif

Styles

When it comes to StubHub ticket sales, Taylor Swift is the top-selling female artist, followed by Beyoncé, Pink, Rihanna, and Carrie Underwood. Swift’s fans are coming to her performances by the carloads as they love her music. In fact Taylor has sold twice the amount of tickets to date as Beyonce, the second-highest top-selling female artist. Wow! That’s amazing!

Putting the numbers into perspective, Taylor Swift has sold more tickets in 2013 than Rihanna, Carrie Underwood, Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, Miranda Lambert, Rascal Flatts, and Selena Gomez combined. Yes, that's a lot of tickets!

http://www.examiner.com/article/tay...-tour-ticket-sales-2013-beats-beyonce-rihanna

You better work b**ch!
ibw5kao1NiSmAJ.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
WOW.

Thank you for introducing me to this gem.

She reminds me of Birdy.

So far listened to Royals and Bravado.

I'm hooked.

I'm probably going to binge on her music now.

What would you recommend I first listen to?

Currently, she only has an EP out. It's called "The Love Club" and it has 5 songs. Listen to that :)

Then you can check out her second single, Tennis Court

Here is her OT thread for links: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652095

Partition

Banned
looking back/thinking on it Gaga used to be so FUN when she was in on the joke. I mean she's always been a 'joke character' of sorts, but these days she seems to be taking herself a lot more seriously... how boring

She's always taken herself seriously, not sure where you have been

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Cha cha - repeat these
I’m two kinds of potential-
Plus new ice house to sweat ya (WARM)
1,2 - I’m count contessa.
Yup boo, I’m house princessa ..
Come to my town to get ya -
Come to ice house to get ya COIN!
Hustle - I’m proud professor.
Muscle - Im high adepta.
(Plus/And)in time I suggest ya
Learn to like - house princessa “one”
1,2 - i styles the besta !
Until I’m kunt perfecta !
Just new “ice house”- contessa
Want to my sound ? - go get ya own!!!
Yup boo- my styles’ll test ya.
Come to Ice house - ill wreck ya!
And if iI shall select ya-
Muscle mike can’t detect the storm!!
Yup boo I’m out to get ya ..
MUSCLE MIKE can’t protect ya!
And they’ll agree- miss crystal panty
Little bam’s the potential - tential candy
Sand to the sea, so sensual and free
From Milan to Japan with miss romancy!
If you can’t dance and if you can’t sing put ya hands in the air
Up out ya damn seat
Stamp-to the pede, present ya campaign
Do ya dance to the beat with little Bambi!!
HEY!

So we have artwork and lyrics. still no song though

Yado

I don't think Frank's pics are controversial, he shirtless and the photos aren't taken in a sexual way.

royalan

looking back/thinking on it Gaga used to be so FUN when she was in on the joke. I mean she's always been a 'joke character' of sorts, but these days she seems to be taking herself a lot more seriously... how boring.

Agreed.

Everything she does these days just feels so...heavy.

I think the tea Elton John spilled about the dangers of letting your image cloud the music was incredibly hot, potent and true. I have enjoyed the music this era outside of Applause, but then I WAS a little nervous when she said in a recent interview that the studio versions of all the songs she performed at the iTunes festival sound "nothing" like the how they did in the performances.

Triley's the new Psy CONFIRMED.
ihLAbd4JgA7Yj.gif

Seriously? Have you not seen her VMA/GMA performance and her Bravo interview? She's ALWAYS been in on the joke, and she's going out of her way now to SHOW that she's in on the joke since people seem to assume that because she's not winking and laughing on a constant she's suddenly above it all. She's not, she's always been a campy ridiculous bitch and she knows it just as much as we all do, so let's not.

So over people saying she takes herself too seriously. She has a frank conversation about herself when she's asked about it frankly. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about what you do. And yes, when the mood is light then she is light as well.

#GagaTruthPolice

xaosslug

Seriously? Have you not seen her VMA/GMA performance and her Bravo interview? She's ALWAYS been in on the joke, and she's going out of her way now to SHOW that she's in on the joke since people seem to assume that because she's not winking and laughing on a constant she's suddenly above it all. She's not, she's always been a campy ridiculous bitch and she knows it just as much as we all do, so let's not.

So over people saying she takes herself too seriously. She has a frank conversation about herself when she's asked about it frankly. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about what you do. And yes, when the mood is light then she is light as well.

no. There is a certain... air to her that's changed. You know how Psy is seen as a massive joke? He knows this, and he is cool w/ it and just does his thing w/o bogging any of it down with shit. Gaga used to have that vibe to her, but she doesn't anymore. There used to be a spark to her that's gone, now.

it's like Triley - roy and botty bang on about how she 'knows what she's doing' but I don't see that. I see no self-awareness in anything that she's doing. It all comes across like she's doing what she thinks is 'the way' to do it to achieve something success. I honestly don't see anything Triley does as her 'being young and having fun' because it doesn't translate in her performances. She doesn't come hard enough for me to take her seriously and she doesn't seem carefree enough for me to sit in awe of how bad a bitch she is. She just stumbles around, looking like she's desperate for any attention. Any attention.

kind of like present Gaga.

in the past Gaga was so far above criticism because she didn't seem to care and either came a hard or seemed to be having FUN... she was an 'outcast' and gave no fucks. Now, she comes across like she wants acceptance. And it's like... bleh.

#teatime

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nicki minaj wants to work with Shakira & J.Lo on her next album
Nicki Minaj is hard at work on what will be her next album material, so the singer has stated she would love to do some collaborations with Latin artists. Shakira and Jennifer Lopez are some of the names that have been released so far, as both are the most successful singers of Latin music. Shakira is known in every corner of the planet and J.Lo has already earned a name in Hollywood. Apparently, Shakira and Nicki Minaj have already recorded a song together. Although so far nothing has been confirmed. While Minaj finishes her next album, she has has recently appeared in the video for I Wanna Be With You and Clappers in collaboration with colleagues from the U.S. Hip Hop.
Source(Use Google to translate)

Latina Power

EDIT:
Azealia Banks - Count Contessa

Bladenic

Mau ®;82118513 said:
So the album of the year "Nothing Was The Same (For Your Fave's Careers)" has leaked.

I won't be DLing it because I already preordered it on iTunes. He's the only girl this year getting my coins.

Nonetheless I hope his stans here DMJ, Bladenic and Trigger enjoy ha.

Uh I c the shade. I'm buying it, the leak was LQ anyway.

Also trigger please tell me you did not compare Royals to call me maybe. They are not even remotely similar.

Touchdown

Banned
So I just heard the radio edit of Work Bitch on the radio and the dj said the name of the song was "Work" and in place of every bitch word there is another "work". "You better work work."

iShA8bAnSajnC.jpg

i4lGSBpELrN4l.jpg

ib2kEWRSRNpYh2.jpg

i3YXiPT3ZtIWn.jpg

SaintZ

I love that she went back to the 90s house production with this track. The beat is nice.

But her delivery is straight fermented booty. Just awful. All of her recent flows just come of as derivative of her 1991 stuff.
This. I wasn't feeling this song mainly for Azealia's delivery. She sounds weird, almost like a robot or something.

Also
AZEALIA BANKS ‏@AZEALIABANKS 10m

"SODA" Produced by SCNTST is the next single from "Broke With Expensive Taste" ... "ATM JAM" video out soon!
Ok Azealia

ibxptjjvm7g1craqrhn.gif

Also I like Work Bitch a lot more now. Bless Kyonsus for his generosity
inXsFqMtQiQ38.png

Matt_

I love that she went back to the 90s house production with this track. The beat is nice.

But her delivery is straight fermented booty. Just awful. All of her recent flows just come of as derivative of her 1991 stuff.

The beat is really a delight, its so upbeat and chill
Her vocals didn't really gel at first but I'm on the third listen and have already gotten used to it. Nothing to write home about though

She just uploaded a NSFPG picture on her instagram, not sure if it's from a magazine shoot she did or some promo for this song. She looks good though

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Britney Spears’ Producer Wants Lady Gaga on Her New Single
Producer Jean Baptiste said that he thinks Lady Gaga should hop on a remix of the new Britney Spears single, "Work Bitch". The producer, who is working on Britney Spears' eighth studio album, took to Facebook on Sunday to let everybody know that it's time for the pair to collaborate, saying he wants a "Goddess of the Universe remix" of the Otto Knows and will.i.am produced track, featuring Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and Madonna. We posted earlier this year why we think Britney and Gaga should collaborate and got a great reaction, but would you be down for them collaborating with other artists in the process? Let us know what you think!
Source

Ehhhhhhhhh no.

no. There is a certain... air to her that's changed. You know how Psy is seen as a massive joke? He knows this, and he is cool w/ it and just does his thing w/o bogging any of it down with shit. Gaga used to have that vibe to her, but she doesn't anymore. There used to be a spark to her that's gone, now.

it's like Triley - roy and botty bang on about how she 'knows what she's doing' but I don't see that. I see no self-awareness in anything that she's doing. It all comes across like she's doing what she thinks is 'the way' to do it to achieve something success. I honestly don't see anything Triley does as her 'being young and having fun' because it doesn't translate in her performances. She doesn't come hard enough for me to take her seriously and she doesn't seem carefree enough for me to sit in awe of how bad a bitch she is. She just stumbles around, looking like she's desperate for any attention. Any attention.

kind of like present Gaga.

in the past Gaga was so far above criticism because she didn't seem to care and either came a hard or seemed to be having FUN... she was an 'outcast' and gave no fucks. Now, she comes across like she wants acceptance. And it's like... bleh.

#teatime

No. No. No. No.

Watch her Fame-era interviews. She literally chastised a Norweigan interviewer for not taking her seriously. In fact, she even called him a sexist and said that if she if were a man saying the same things she was saying, she would be taken seriously. She then went on about what inspired her, and how she's constantly aware of pop music trends and how she has that "intuition." She closed that interview saying "I'm a rockstar." Would she say that now? Nope.

Saying she takes herself more seriously now than before is complete and utter bullshit. I have watched literally every major (and minor) interview she has given since her character's conception and there is absolutely no indication to me that she takes herself more seriously now than before. In fact, I can say with confidence that she's let go of coming off in a certain "I'm amazing" light on a constant because she has less to prove with it.

Just last week she was telling Andy Cohen how she liked dick, and when a caller called her a fashion icon she smirks and says "not tonight." She joked, "if you do too much molly you might end up like me." She makes fun of herself NOW exponentially more than she ever did, and I'm so tired of seeing so many people run with the mantra of "she takes herself sooo seriously now" coz it's completely false. Gaga's fully aware that she came off wrongly during the Born This Way era and has gone out of her way to be less deadpan with her ridiculousness, because evidently people weren't getting it.

So staaaahp. lol

Kyon

Banned
SainTZ has attained his temporary Army card for this era I C.
3y7ghbT.png

Also WELCOME the few others with their temp membership cards.
3y7ghbT.png

You're are free to go whenever you like. I just want to say how grateful I am that we're here together

3y7ghbT.png

Also WELCOME the few others with their temp membership cards.
3y7ghbT.png

You're are free to go whenever you like. I just want to say how grateful I am that we're here together

Do I get one?

#workbitch

SaintZ

3y7ghbT.png
I have always been here for Godney tho. I even bought two copies of Britney when it came out
3y7ghbT.png

She just uploaded a NSFPG picture on her instagram, not sure if it's from a magazine shoot she did or some promo for this song. She looks good though
I think it's from Rollercoaster Magazine, she posted this earlier (I was going to include ha in my Magazine post but forgot oop)

0fb55fa21ed111e3932d22000a9e5ae0_7.jpg

Beyonce at Rock in Rio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrus_FF192Q

Beysus is UNMATCHED as a performer.

That cannot be contested.

She never fails to wow me.

What a TOTAL PERFORMER.

SUBLIME.
This was perhaps the most boring thing I've watched all year, and I saw that Itune LG mess. Bey needs to do better. She looked bored. She hardly sang. I didn't expect much dancing. I did, however, expect full songs. Im not sure why every song needed a costume change. Ugh, why Bey? I cut it off halfway through. Maybe the second half gets better.
I like this.
I'm sure if she grew a penis and looked like a derelict, you'd be all over her. But whatever.
Bully.

Yado

Ok I'm using

And they’ll agree- miss crystal panty
Little bam’s the potential - tential candy
Sand to the sea, so sensual and free
From Milan to Japan with miss romancy
If you can’t dance and if you can’t sing put ya hands in the air
Up out ya damn seat
Stamp-to the pede, present ya campaign
Do ya dance to the beat with little Bambi

ibeWqGzdE4YKI5.gif