• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

I assume that you all were listening to Janelle's brilliance during the thread's detention. At least that's what I did.

xaosslug

No. No. No. No.

Watch her Fame-era interviews. She literally chastised a Norweigan interviewer for not taking her seriously. In fact, she even called him a sexist and said that if she if were a man saying the same things she was saying, she would be taken seriously. She then went on about what inspired her, and how she's constantly aware of pop music trends and how she has that "intuition." She closed that interview saying "I'm a rockstar." Would she say that now? Nope.

Saying she takes herself more seriously now than before is complete and utter bullshit. I have watched literally every major (and minor) interview she has given since her character's conception and there is absolutely no indication to me that she takes herself more seriously now than before. In fact, I can say with confidence that she's let go of coming off in a certain "I'm amazing" light on a constant because she has less to prove with it.

Just last week she was telling Andy Cohen how she liked dick, and when a caller called her a fashion icon she smirks and says "not tonight." She joked, "if you do too much molly you might end up like me." She makes fun of herself NOW exponentially more than she ever did, and I'm so tired of seeing so many people run with the mantra of "she takes herself sooo seriously now" coz it's completely false. Gaga's fully aware that she came off wrongly during the Born This Way era and has gone out of her way to be less deadpan with her ridiculousness, because evidently people weren't getting it.

So staaaahp. lol

i'm not talking about the way she acted/acts in interviews. Gaga has always seemed to be playing the 'popstar Gaga' role when in front of the camera, And that was fun - it was like 'ha, the joke's on us!' type of stuff, which was cute and actually pretty cool. I could see her taking herself seriously, but could also see there was something BEYOND that noise.

that's not there, anymore. She used to do crazy stuff just to do crazy stuff... but now it's like she does it expressly to OUT DO WHAT SHE DID BEFORE... meh. And that's cool, too. But she's failing miserably, which makes it even less interesting. It's like she's 'settling in' and that's boring. The spark has been snuffed.

u____u

SaintZ

Billboard with the tea:
Katy Perry Ties For Most Pop Songs No. 1s

With the coronation of 'Roar,' Perry matches Rihanna for the most No. 1s – 10 – in the airplay chart's 21-year history

Katy Perry's "Roar" blasts 5-1 on Billboard's Nielsen BDS-based Pop Songs radio airplay chart. With the coronation, which dethrones Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" (featuring T.I. and Pharrell) after 10 weeks on top, Perry matches Rihanna for the most No. 1s – 10 – in the chart's 21-year history. P!nk follows with nine toppers.

At just six weeks, "Roar" marks the fastest flight to the Pop Songs summit since "California Gurls" (featuring Snoop Dogg), the lead single from Perry's last album, 2010's "Teenage Dream," also soared to the top spot in its sixth frame the week of July 3, 2010. ("Roar" makes the largest leap to No. 1 since "Gurls" logged an identical 5-1 jump.) "Roar" previews Perry's new album "Prism," due Oct. 22.

Having now done so twice, Perry is the only act to send a song to No. 1 in as few as six weeks in more than eight years; prior to "Gurls," no song had reached the apex so swiftly since Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" (six weeks, 2005).

Also notable: As Capital Cities climb 3-2 with "Safe and Sound," Capitol Records boasts the Pop Songs chart's top two titles. Interscope Records had monopolized the top two for a record seven straight weeks through last week; as "Blurred Lines" reigned, Thicke's labelmates Imagine Dragons ("Radioactive"), Maroon 5 ("Love Somebody") and Zedd ("Clarity") peaked at No. 2.

Here is an updated list of the acts with the most No. 1s dating to the Pop Songs chart's Oct. 3, 1992, launch:

10, Katy Perry
10, Rihanna
9, P!nk
7, Lady Gaga
7, Britney Spears
6, Beyonce
6, Mariah Carey
6, Maroon 5
6, Bruno Mars
6, Justin Timberlake

"Roar" has spent the last two weeks atop the all-format airplay/sales/streaming Billboard Hot 100 chart (where it's Perry's eighth leader). The song could get dethroned this week, however, by Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball." As "Roar" takes over atop Pop Songs, "Ball" swings onto the list at No. 35.

Thanks to its expected monster streaming and sales sums, "Ball" looks likely to top the Hot 100 this week. Check Billboard.com on Wednesday (Sept. 18) to see if the song does its name justice and knocks "Roar" from the chart's coveted top spot.
So it's not a sure thing that Wrecking Ball is gonna be dethroning Roar after all. Can't wait for the Hot 100 update.

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Britney Spears’ Producer Wants Lady Gaga on Her New Single

Source

Ehhhhhhhhh no.
Had a release with those four on the same track just appeared, that would have been totally shocking. A 2013 "Lady Marmalade." He shouldn't have announced that he wants it to happen. Should've been a surprise.

I won't hold my breath for it to see the light of day though.

WORK. WORK. WORK. WORK. WORK. WORK. WORK. WORK. (Work). WORK. WORK. (Work). WORK. WORK. (Work.) WORK. WORK. (Work). WORK.
WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORK IT OUT. WORKITOUT. WORKITOUTWORKITOUT.
ibvzn5HFJBH2jh.gif

What kind of poetic rhythm?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
List of Radio 1's most played list of the last five years
You can vote which is your favourite track

Of the pop girls,
Azealia -212,
Lady gaga - Just Dance,
Kelly Clarkson - My life would suck with out you
Katy B - On a Mission
Ellie Goulding - Stary Eyed
Carly Rae - Call Me Maybe
Adele - Rolling in the Deep
Jessie J - Domino & Do it like a dude & Price tag
Marina and the Diamons - Hollywood
Sia - Titanium
Nicki Minaj - Starships
Icona Pop - I love it
Pink - Just Give me a reason
Kesha - Tik Tok

Jessie J slaying with three songs
Strangely no Rihanna, Katy,Taylor, Britney or Bey

Partition

Banned
but in the past she came cross more self-aware of the fact that others did not take her seriously. Not anymore.
Do you have any examples of that? And how she has changed now? I can buy the BTW era being too serious, because it was and that is what she wanted. But the ARTPOP era is a breath of fresh air in comparison. Seriously go watch her Bravo interview and tell me again how serious and heavy she is.

Mau ®

Today I woke up and I didn't like "Work Bitch" anymore :(

Meanwhile, LORDE gave me life today while playing basketball. She and Drake will get my coins this year.

This was perhaps the most boring thing I've watched all year, and I saw that Itune LG mess. Bey needs to do better. She looked bored. She hardly sang. I didn't expect much dancing. I did, however, expect full songs. Im not sure why every song needed a costume change. Ugh, why Bey? I cut it off halfway through. Maybe the second half gets better.

I like this.

Bully.

I'll be watching this tonight with my friend and fellow Hiver, and I will let you know what I think. :)

royalan

WTF is MYKKI BLANCO? (google) Oh, someone who has a mixtape out...

ib0B6qroVGJbHo.gif

Mykki Blanko is the most overrated and shitty rapper to have a huge ego and opinion on why everyone else sucks despite not accomplishing anything himself. Seriously, you think Azealia is bad?

royalan

BEYSUS BLESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FpGiBr-nY

This Brazilian stan almost pulled her off stage. Tackled her.

Bodyguards came for a quick save.

They take him away, she gestures no, says "It's alright," in the middle of a song.

After said song, she kneels down and reaches out her hand.

"Nice to meet you."

BEYSUS BLESS

QUEEN

Why are people frontin? You KNOW she probably had his ass beaten and arrested after the show. That "Nice to meet you" was a kiss of death if I've ever seen one.

Yado

BEYSUS BLESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FpGiBr-nY

This Brazilian stan almost pulled her off stage. Tackled her.

Bodyguards came for a quick save.

They take him away, she gestures no, says "It's alright," in the middle of a song.

After said song, she kneels down and reaches out her hand.

"Nice to meet you."

BEYSUS BLESS

QUEEN

iRGu9zbUPi1op.gif

Such benevolence. I see why the bitter and downtrodden are always throwing pebbles at the throne.

BUT SERIOUSLY

TACKLING stars like this is not okay.

That could've easily ended with someone getting hurt.

That stan move was dangerous. Not okay.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Mau ®;82154413 said:
ADELE IS COMING!!! R.I.P. TO OUR FAVES!!

shocked_fans_omg.gif
YESSS.

I wonder how she'll do though with what she puts out next. I know a lot of people that were totally worn out on her by the end of 21's massive cycle.

Although I guess Skyfall did well for a soundtrack song that was sort of mediocre in terms of what she previously put out...

YESSS.

irvZ45fSKJbzh.gif

xaosslug

Do you have any examples of that? And how she has changed now? I can buy the BTW era being too serious, because it was and that is what she wanted. But the ARTPOP era is a breath of fresh air in comparison. Seriously go watch her Bravo interview and tell me again how serious and heavy she is.

the interviews are whatever. But what REALLY brought Gaga 'home' for me was her twitter begging for fans to buy Applause... that is beyond messy, especially for a popstar that's supposed to be 'beyond' that kind of stuff and even considers herself above it. When she spoke of being asked to open the VMA's and how she's expected to 'do bigger' every time it was such a reality check. I mean how can you make music that's truly art when you are still fucking pandering to the masses? Jokes.

to me, Gaga was about 'doing her own thing' but little by little... Gaga is just like all these other desperate pop gurls clamoring for purchase on the pop scene and it's like... whatever,

Mau ®;82154157 said:

that's interesting, because her 'fearlessness' does not translate in live performances, like, at all. Mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom