• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Aww that's cute she pretends to hit some notes.

ddd

ibpkJsLr8Gl6vM.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Ellie Goulding, Taylor Swift, Marina & the Diamonds, Rihanna, Florence + the Machine, Imogen Heap, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, and Annie.

Ooh. Slay a little.

Try not to be tew messy until you are a member. We don't want another perma-banned junior. :3

Aguila

#ICONIC

Mumei

trick question. you don't own a radio.

I do own a radio and I like a Rihanna song.

Mumei, what do you think of the estranged relationship pop music has with baritones?

I blame Michael Jackson. It's all his fault. I mean, it would be one thing if we could even have tenors who sound like tenors; instead we have tenors sounding like a man trying to sound like Diana Ross.

Michael could actually pull it off, because he had the chops. But most of those following in his footsteps, er, don't.

Have there been any popular baritones who got their career starts in the last 25 years?

is there a book with a Rihanna song in it

that_rihanna_reign.jpg

cory64

I do own a radio and I like a Rihanna song.

I blame Michael Jackson. It's all his fault. I mean, it would be one thing if we could even have tenors who sound like tenors; instead we have tenors sounding like a man trying to sound like Diana Ross.

Michael could actually pull it off, because he had the chops. But most of those following in his footsteps, er, don't.

Have there been any popular baritones who got their career starts in the last 25 years?
Not to my knowledge. Even someone recent like Phillip Phillips is still a tenor layered with vocal fry

I'm just glad it's not the same song as Cher's new track My Love from Closer To The Truth (not to be confused with her other song called My Love, ki). Does anyone else do that? Have songs with the same name on different albums? Maybe when you have 26 you run out of song titles?

Actually yeah! Kylie has two songs called "Love at First Sight." The first was on her debut album.
That hair!

I'm sure there are other examples too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom