• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

So over the past two weeks, I held a tournament on my site to determine what the "Best Gaga Song" was. I took all her songs that have been officially released, and randomized the list to determine the starting match-ups. The results were surprising, to say the least...

...how da hell did Venus beat Paparazzi?

the top 3

ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif

Vazduh

The Japanese cover of Mariah's new album:

mariah-carey-elusive-chanteuse.jpeg

b3d79dc8.gif

I could swear that her face was pasted onto someone else's head, something just doesn't look right. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the Charmbracelet outtakes.

Basicness is essential to being a successful male pop artist today. If any of the radio friendly ones had an ounce of personality or eccentricity in a grand style the internet would be flooded with thinkpieces on that person's greatness. We already have Kanye, tho.

I gave it some thought and I really can't argue with what you said. I tried to think of one single male (major) pop star right now that isn't basic or bland and none came to mind. Justine T, Justin B, Enrique, Shitbull, Wand Erection, even Usher, Ne-yo, Jason Derulo etc. All of them are successful, but none of them are as eccentric and charismatic as, let's say, Kanye, Prince, or Michael Jackson. And none of them have no real impact on pop culture.

But why is that so?

Usually I'd be able to come up with some kind of an answer, but it's been a long day and I can barely think anymore. Hopefully some of you sistren can help me over here.

So over the past two weeks, I held a tournament on my site to determine what the "Best Gaga Song" was. I took all her songs that have been officially released, and randomized the list to determine the starting match-ups. The results were surprising, to say the least...

Yeah, the top three was unexpected, in a bad way. How do you feel about the results?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
where is Soulscribe to break it down
Let me have a try at it.

It's a social commentary that represents the soul of Lady Gaga. The top 3 is all perfect to represent all the dimensions Gaga has as an artist. Venus shows her femininity and her passion for art in sexual form. Dance in The Dark shows us how she looks better with the lights off as we all know she wasn't born pretty and despite her plastic surgery she still looks like a mess. Everyone should know Applause represent her critique against the critics and accepting the love of her fans. This social commentary will end wars and bring world peace and destroy homophobia, racism, world hunger and bullying as soon as everyone gets the message properly which Im working on it.Yasss Gaga you look so god oh momma of yasss and slay.
tumblr_n3nb3b7f3S1qzqtn5o2_r1_500.gif

If we mix all these songs together the songs represent the freedom of speech and everything that is right with this world. It's a social commentary about life and death and how it elevates Gaga over your faves for her deep social commentary you all can't get cause you can't certainly understand it. Gaga is God and her team is Jesus and all her haters are Judas stabbing her in the back. May Gaga bless you, learn the message of loving yourself the way you are cause Gaga made no mistakes.
tumblr_mzbev3iuUi1qlvwnco1_500.gif

*Plays Born This Way and rides a Gagacycle to the horizon*

Aguila

#ICONIC
Let me have a try at it.

It's a social commentary that represents the soul of Lady Gaga. The top 3 is all perfect to represent all the dimensions Gaga has as an artist. Venus shows her femininity and her passion for art in sexual form. Dance in The Dark shows us how she looks better with the lights off as we all know she wasn't born pretty and despite her plastic surgery she still looks like a mess. Everyone should know Applause represent her critique against the critics and accepting the love of her fans. This social commentary will end wars and bring world peace and destroy homophobia, racism, world hunger and bullying as soon as everyone gets the message properly which Im working on it.Yasss Gaga you look so god oh momma of yasss and slay.

If we mix all these songs together the songs represent the freedom of speech and everything that is right with this world. It's a social commentary about life and death and how it elevates Gaga over your faves for her deep social commentary you all can't get cause you can't certainly understand it. Gaga is God and her team is Jesus and all her haters are Judas stabbing her in the back. May Gaga bless you, learn the message of loving yourself the way you are cause Gaga made no mistakes.

abbddddddddd

ea2a4fdb.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If anybody wanted proof of the level of derangement of the Monsters.

royalan

I've been saying that Katy sounds better on Acoustic. I still have issues with her vocals but it sounds better there or the Pop Rock sounds of One Of The Boys era.

I've been telling you hoes for years that Katy's not NEARLY as bad a singer as she presents herself to be in her tragic live performances. However, this isn't really Acoustic. It sounds like the same studio vocals re-dubbed over a stripped-down version of the track.

Partition

Banned
I've been telling you hoes for years that Katy's not NEARLY as bad a singer as she presents herself to be in her tragic live performances. However, this isn't really Acoustic. It sounds like the same studio vocals re-dubbed over a stripped-down version of the track.

Yeah I know the guy that did these "acoustic" versions. He uses the same vocal stems from the original track, and adds his own acoustic production underneath

Let me have a try at it.

This is fabulous! Aside from your characteristically loose (creative?) command of grammar and syntax, this is honestly about right.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So Courtney Love is still about and doing her best to give Drag Queen Realness in her video for You Know My Name
love11.jpg

Kinda digging it tbh
She was on Alan Carr tonight too (as was Lily Allen) and she was pretty funny. Getting drunk on sambuca and talking about being a dominatrix.

3phemeral

emoticon-00136-giggle.gif

you better work that lasso tool/copy+paste mimi

She should have just removed that renegade hair strand rather than have it pop out like that.

In other news, I was checking out the updates to Amazon's MP3 player and while looking through my library, I completely forgot I bought Frank Ocean's Channel Orange.

First song that came on randomly was Pink Matter. Completely slain. I could do without Andre 3000's inclusion as I find he adds nothing to the track, but despite that I'll be having this on repeat for a bit, so the other tracks might have to wait a bit.

Pleasure
PLEASUUUUUUUUAAAHHHYYYAHH OOOO​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom