• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I just want to say that I applaud DMJ and Booty and Botty for making PopGAF threads recently.

We need to make more--damn all the sanctioned oppression.

Why though? They all end up being about the same shit and we all end up turning on each other anway :/

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Why though? They all end up being about the same shit and we all end up turning on each other anway :/

I think they just want threads so SecretMoblin can participate in popgaf related discussions

iwcUw3QVdQeMm.gif

Bladenic

It's a thief in the night
To come and grab you
It can creep up inside you
And consume you
A disease of the mind
It can control you
I feel like a monster

Iconic.

Vazduh

Btw, added a few new songs to Marius' POPGAF playlist.

This is the POPGAF Spotify playlist (click the banner). It is a collaborative playlist so you are able to add your own music to the mix.

• Do not add music that is more than 6 months old
  • Do not add full albums just the good tracks...
This is to discover new music faster, easily be able to grab it and add it to your own playlist.

I was so disappointed when Beverley Knight re-recorded that song and released it as a single, even more when it became a hit, while the original version was practically forgotten. Luckily for her, it all turned out well in the end. I mean, who knew that she, of all the people, would become somewhat of a pop-icon with her subsequent album releases.

In before the Illuminati comments
8f70c6ea.gif

Also, I have more important things to do than watching a 55 y.o dressing up like a cheerleader :p

Mariah, now that's a star than knows how to keep her dignity. Physically and musically!

I won't argue when someone says that Mariah is a living legend, but c'mon, what dignity are we talking about?

kGlD6YV.gif

PXhZOoC.gif

FM1JGcN.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Half my facebook feed posting how excited they are to get Eminem tickets.
Fucking vile.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Stefan™;111238930 said:
Aside from a few very rare exceptions, I hate rap, but I'm happy for those who do like

ibstxTCQqXJ7Iz.gif

i'm trying to get into it atm because kanye shits and slays lives

my most listened at the moment is watch the throne

who gon stop, jay-z, her breakdown

ibhP4TLUdk1cxA.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jason Derulo is also trash
I literally do not know how he has a career

Money means nothing. Madonna was once a musical monolith of innovation and quality. her by the numbers mediocre generic dance records have left a few marks on the public heart. Also her voice went doooownhill since Ray of Light.
Also, I have more important things to do than watching a 55 y.o dressing up like a cheerleader :p

Mariah, now that's a star than knows how to keep her dignity. Physically and musically!

Imagine how many posthumous albums we'll have for Lana. Her unreleased catalogue is OUSTANDING, I think by the end of her carreer it will be close to Prince's. i wanted Meet me in the Pale Moonlight damn it!

Mariah is only 44 or 45 and still young, but these days we're lucky if she just stands on stage while she lips and flails her way through a song. Some days she's only capable of kneeling or laying down, mouthing to a track. In her latest video she won't even allow her full body to be videoed because videoshop has yet to be invented. In ten years who knows what she'll be still capapble of. She could be a cartoon projected onto a big screen opening up for a weathered down Lady Gaga still tweeting about how ArtPop II is coming.

The dignified thing to do would be to marry a rich man no one knows and go into hiding like Janet did. She should not be trying it with girls half her age who can still move.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mariah is only 44 or 45 and still young, but these days we're lucky if she just stands on stage while she lips and flails her way through a song. Some days she's only capable of kneeling or laying down, mouthing to a track. In her latest video she won't even allow her full body to be videoed because videoshop has yet to be invented. In ten years who knows what she'll be still capapble of. She could be a cartoon projected onto a big screen opening up for a weathered down Lady Gaga still tweeting about how ArtPop II is coming.

The dignified thing to do would be to marry a rich man no one knows and go into hiding like Janet did. She should not be trying it with girls half her age who can still move.

this drag out of NOWHERE

tumblr_inline_mo2fb5AzV31qz4rgp.gif

Vitanimus

oop.

ieCH0u9SdBQcK.gif

Vazduh

Oh my God!

iNeKZvN2ale5k.gif
iNeKZvN2ale5k.gif

Matt_

That's not the album cover is it?

cory64

Her worst video followed by some basic ass alber art? Pull it together Lizzy
This. The same goes for Taio Cruz. You could play me one of their songs, and I honestly wouldn't know the difference.
Basicness is essential to being a successful male pop artist today. If any of the radio friendly ones had an ounce of personality or eccentricity in a grand style the internet would be flooded with thinkpieces on that person's greatness. We already have Kanye, tho.

Styles

#StopTheDramaStartTheMusic
#MusicNotTheBling
#PromoteOnlineKindness

She basically broke all of those hastags with this one tweet:

z9eKb8B.png

iYHSjJ6CmIanZ.gif

nooooOOOOOOO I loved Confessions, Hard Candy and M.D.N.A. :(

Her 2 most recent tours (2008 and 2012) both broke records and were amazing and she's continuously the highest paid woman in music when Forbes releases their list (maybe not 2013 but 2012 for sure).

Don't worry, no one can really come for Madonna. She's always gonna be the bigger touring artist and pop culture titan and everybody knows it. Do I think she's creatively defunct? Musically yes, tour-wise not at all. I think her MDNA tour was incredibly inspired and fresh, even though many aspects of it did rest on her laurels a bit. That's the mark of an established artist though.

I really did wish her music was reverent again. 2006 was the last year that Madonna could really call herself a recording ARTIST. Hard Candy and MDNA just felt like middling projects to carry a priority world tour.

Yado

I'm concerned about Ultraviolence, the first single, video and now the album cover are all terrible. What's going on here?

ibqaXoiED5evLa.gif

SaintZ

Well, I think we can all agree that she really doesn't care AT ALL and truly does what she wants.

I love ha but girl....

Nemesis_

It is literally like her and Dan were leaving the studio after spending two weeks on the album and as she was getting into her car they were like QUICK TAKE A PHOTO OF ME FOR THE COVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom