• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

^^He looks like a lazy top.

Like, he would talk a lot of shit about how good his D-game is while you're at the club, but then you'd get back to his place and he'd expect you to ride it the entire time.

No thanks.

Vazduh

Also, some synthpop for this morning: DWNTWN - Til Tomorrow.

Hooooooo. Wait! I really like this, thank you for posting, sis :* I also love the artwork for that single, it's so pretty.
In b4 someone says that it looks like somebody jizzed on a photo

1922220_761161190582858_1040455461_n.jpg

I definitely have to check out their EP.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is Banji some white ghetto thing? I only heard of it when it was a category on Drag Race a few weeks back

royalan

Is Banji some white ghetto thing? I only heard of it when it was a category on Drag Race a few weeks back

It's not white ghetto.

"Banjee" was originally gay slang to describe a gay guy who dressed and acted obnoxiously masculine in an effort to hide the fact that they were gay. It was another word for "trade" basically.

Banji is derived from that scene, but it's more about fashion nowadays (especially when you're talking about girls). It's actually kinda hard to describe. Banji is living "purposefully ghetto-fabulous." Decked out in such over-the-top opulence that to people unfamiliar with the culture it actually comes off extremely tacky and "ghetto." That's the best way I can think of it.

Halle Berry's character in the movie "Baps" is banji:

Look at them; they almost look like clowns, but not from their perspective. If you were to ask them about their outfits, they'd probably say something like, "Gurl! I am decked out in the LATEST Juicy Couture! This shit is CLASSY!" THAT'S Banji.

"Jersey Girl" is the "white person" equivalent to banji.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh
it's quite interesting how the word changed from masculine acting gays to such an over top fashion style. Thanks for the education, the RuPaul judging makes more sense now
tacky is the word to describe tbh

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lana Del Rey Tickets On Secondary Market Have Prices Among Pop Music's Elite
According to TiqIQ, the average price for Lana Del Rey tickets on the secondary market are $269.68 for her current tour, making Lana Del Rey the second most expensive female performer in music at the moment — trailing only Beyoncé, who is arguably the biggest female star in music today.
In fact, it might be surprising to learn that Lana Del Rey tickets are now priced higher than those of more established female pop powerhouses including Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus.
Lady Gaga, the Queen of Pop who was recently dethroned by Perry in a long-standing chart battle and rivalry.
The limited availability of tickets is a reason for the increased price of tickets, but compared to artists playing similar venues the demand for Lana Del Rey tickets is clear.
For Lana Del Rey, the combination of low quantity and high demand in these types of venues has led to the perfect storm for high tickets prices. However, with that demand Lana Del Rey could have the ability to successfully fill some bigger venues the next time she tours.

ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

Lana is done rising and is now on a steep decline, there is a reason no one is buying
Paradise and West Coast. The quality is no longer there and once the hipster indie trend
is done come this Fall she will no longer be able to fill those few theaters she is booking

while Gaga will continue to receive Interscope's funds for years to come

ibkKzWpArs5WOj.gif

rihannakiicvpx1.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
keyword: secondary markets

Lana is booking THEATERS therefore there are very little seats available so of course when you
are reselling you inflate the price since space is limited unlike for a tour where you can fill 15,000 - 20,000 a night (Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus) and tickets aren't that hard to come by

cute try at a 'clock' tho

rihannakiicvpx1.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
^^He looks like a lazy top.

Like, he would talk a lot of shit about how good his D-game is while you're at the club, but then you'd get back to his place and he'd expect you to ride it the entire time.

No thanks.

lol

but i like to kick back and relax :(

Aguila

#ICONIC
keyword: secondary markets

Lana is booking THEATERS therefore there are very little seats available so of course when you
are reselling you inflate the price since space is limited unlike for a tour where you can fill 15,000 - 20,000 a night (Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus) and tickets aren't that hard to come by

cute try at a 'clock' tho

rihannakiicvpx1.gif

Doesn't change the fact that there is a CLEAR rising demand. Meanwhile there are other dethroned popstars struggling to sell out seats when compared to their past tours. Poor them. Lana needs to upgrade ha venues while the other should try downgrading.

rihannakiicvpx1.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
yes Gaga should downgrade when she probably already out grossed the majority of Lana's tour in the past week

emoji_u1f615.png

I guess she's already doing it in some form by reducing dates.

Like in Australia where she only has 4 dates for the artGrave tour compared to the BTWBT's ~15 dates and the Prismatic Tour's ~20.

ahh.gif

Partition

Banned

Like in Australia where she only has 4 dates for the artGrave tour compared to the BTWBT's ~15 dates and the Prismatic Tour's ~20.

ahh.gif

She's touring less so she doesn't break her hip again. Also why she is taking that month long break next month.

royalan

She's touring less so she doesn't break her hip again. Also why she is taking that month long break next month.

I call bullshit.

Unless Gaga's hip was replaced with some mystical alloy, she should have broken her hip again MONTHS ago with the chaotic way she performs.

I never believed her "injury" was as bad as she made it out to be. Not with the way she litterally throws herself to the ground when she performs.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

ahh.gif

these post are cringe worthy now

the forced laughing smiley at the end
the desperate comparison to the artRave as if that makes Lana's look better

I mean Lana will probably never out gross artRave since she is limited to markets like the UK and America
but continue going tho I'm sure some people enjoy the second hand embarrassment they get from your posts

emoji_u1f615.png

Aguila

#ICONIC

Does that also explain this TRAGIC choreo

ibw1L0YjYlKI2N.gif

these post are cringe worthy now

the forced laughing smiley at the end
the desperate comparison to the artRave as if that makes Lana's looks better

I mean Lana will probably never out gross artRave since she is limited to markets like the UK and America
but continue going tho I'm sure some people enjoy the second hand embarrassment they get from your posts

emoji_u1f615.png

ddd at you thinking the laughing is forced
ahh.gif

how old are these children? :biblio:

Vazduh

So I'm watching the Eurovision contest, Slavic Girls are on the stage right now. One of the girls is churning butter on stage, I shit you not.

edit: here's the gif:

tumblr_n5dd0zrLh91rcm1ibo1_250.gif

It's one of the reasons why I love that fucking mess of a festival, lol

edit: why, of course, the guys from Greece had to top that and brought a freakin' trampoline on stage.

edit2: Conchita is on!

edit3: The Russians have a see-saw on the stage
deadbanana2.gif

tumblr_inline_n59xtgUjzb1r121nu.gif

Here's a link to the live stream, for those interested.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I'm watching the Eurovision contest, Slavic Girls are on the stage right now.

One of the girls is churning butter on stage, I shit you not. It's one of the reasons why I love that fucking mess of a festival, lol

edit: why, of course, the guys from Greece had to top that and brought a freakin' trampoline on stage.

edit2: Conchita is on!

tumblr_inline_n59xtgUjzb1r121nu.gif

Here's a link to the live stream, for those interested.

The screeching one. :rip:

OMG Rih is so adorable

I want her to be my friend.

DJM was right after all. Stan or no stan, liking Rih is not a matter of if, but when tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom