• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Rita Ora is obviously a beautiful woman with an amazing body but she does absolutely nothing for me.
I think my distaste for her music has soured me on her as a whole

Mau ®

I would love IWNLYD if it wasn't for that unnecessary Calvin Harris breakdown. There was a timed I live for his drops but not anymore. They all feel quite dated. Same goes for Zedd.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;111534559 said:
I would love IWNLYD if it wasn't for that unnecessary Calvin Harris breakdown. There was a timed I live for his drops but not anymore. They all feel quite dated. Same goes for Zedd.

Yep, he nailed that sound so early that every subsequent repetition lost a bit. When the first of those songs came out I absolutely lived for it but when everyone started copying that prototype it very quickly lost its lustre.

Lettuce remember it together.

Mau ®

Avicii doesn't even do that many EDM drops on his songs. He is the best DJ right now IMO. I pray he doesn't loose his touch as fast as Guetta, Harris and Zedd did...

Since we were talking about FIRO... she hit #1 in the UK this week. She now has 4 #1 hits there.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;111537238 said:
Avicii doesn't even do that many EDM drops on his songs. He is the best DJ right now IMO. I pray he doesn't loose his touch as fast as Guetta, Harris and Zedd did...

Since we were talking about FIRO... she hit #1 in the UK this week. She now has 4 #1 hits there.

Didn't Rih get most of her early attention in the UK?

Interesting...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;111537238 said:

No she didn't #1 is Waves
She's #1 on Itunes and will probably claim the spot next week though

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Avicii is okay but I haven't heard anything from him as good as Bounce or When Love Takes Over. I mean Calvin and Guetta might have lost their shine a bit but there's a reason they ruled the airwaves for years.

Mau ®

That Jamie xx song is fire.

No she didn't #1 is Waves
She's #1 on Itunes and will probably claim the spot next week though

Oh yeah. True.

She's selling twice as much as the #2 song. She probably will be #1. I'm not mad tbh. It's a bop.

royalan

Avicii is okay but I haven't heard anything from him as good as Bounce or When Love Takes Over. I mean Calvin and Guetta might have lost their shine a bit but there's a reason they ruled the airwaves for years.

Lil Jon also ruled the airwaves for years.

Satoru Iwata ruled gaming for years.

Doesn't mean that they aren't fermented shit now though.

Kudos to Avicii for keeping his style somewhat fresh despite all the years he's been in the game and all the people he's worked with. Truly the Darkchild of EDM.

Mau ®

Avicii has been going on for years tho. He's been at it since late 2000's.

"My feelings for you", "Levels", "Fade into darkness" were club smashes. I still hear them.

Is there some type of plug-in I can use to inform me whenever the status of a webpage changes? These fucking Beyonce tickets...

A sistah BEEN waiting >_<

cory64

Electronic music peaked with

dxmif0j.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Now I'm just chasing time
With a thousand dreams I'm holding heavy
And as we cross the line these fading beats have all been severed
Don't tell me our youth is running out
It's only just begun

These fading beats…
A thousand dreams…
These fading beats…
A thousand dreams…
It's only just begun

Bladenic you bitch making me put that one on repeat too
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Vazra

Conchita is rising on US itunes...
259. Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix
PLLoFjx.gif

#1 Austria
#1 Belarus
#1 Finland
#1 Greece
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Malta
#1 Russia
#1 Ukraine
#2 Azerbaijan
#2 Belgium
#2 Cyprus
#2 Denmark
#2 Slovenia
#2 Sweden
#2 Switzerland
#3 Slovakia
#3 Switzerland
#4 Germany
#4 Israel
#4 Kyrgyzstan
#4 Latvia
#4 Lithuania
#4 Netherlands
#4 Norway
#5 Austria
#5 Luxembourg
#5 Netherlands
#6 Slovenia
#6 Sweden
#7 Hungary
#7 Poland
#7 Spain
#7 Ukraine
#8 Armenia
#8 Estonia
#8 Ireland
#8 Russia
#9 Cyprus
#9 France
#9 Germany
#10 Hungary
#10 Italy
#10 Spain
#11 Greece
#13 Ireland
#15 United Kingdom
i6QVLc4soQxhF.gif

Bladenic

Now I'm just chasing time
With a thousand dreams I'm holding heavy
And as we cross the line these fading beats have all been severed
Don't tell me our youth is running out
It's only just begun

These fading beats…
A thousand dreams…
These fading beats…
A thousand dreams…
It's only just begun

Bladenic you bitch making me put that one on repeat too
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Ikr crying

Vazra

Ikr crying

You need to get into the rest of the album sis.

So I call your name, the only thing I know
Is I need you here, will you be gone forever?
All that I know, all that I know is we're here tonight
Turn off the lights

Let go for tonight baby
Let love in your life and be shown (turn off the lights)
Let go for tonight baby, who needs sleep tonight?
I need to let go, let go
Let go, let go, turn off the lights
Let love in your life baby, who needs sleep tonight?

52b0f867.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the new la roux is really good

i was actually hoping the new ldr would kind of have that sound

instead of being quite boring , like west coast

SaintZ

Oh at y'all getting into the Foxes bandwagon when I have been promotinG ha and was paid dust. We'll see how long it lasts.

royalan

Confession:

I like West Coast.

But it's not single material.

And I was expecting something a little more epic as a lead single.

I mean Ride is just...everything. A complete journey of a song in just 3:30 minutes.

Same for all the Born 2 Die singles.

West Coast is...I feel like I'll like it better when I'm listening to it within the context of the album (like "Carmen" or something). But as a standalone single? It's not a strong enough statement. It doesn't make me excited for Ultraviolence.

Oh well. Lana still slays lives so I'm sure I won't be disappointed with the album itself.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Confession:

I like West Coast.

But it's not single material.

And I was expecting something a little more epic as a lead single.

I mean Ride is just...everything. A complete journey of a song in just 3:30 minutes.

Same for all the Born 2 Die singles.

West Coast is...I feel like I'll like it better when I'm listening to it within the context of the album (like "Carmen" or something). But as a standalone single? It's not a strong enough statement. It doesn't make me excited for Ultraviolence.

Oh well. Lana still slays lives so I'm sure I won't be disappointed with the album itself.

it definitely doesn't make me that excited for ULTRAVIOLENCE tbh, or the album cover for that matter

ULTRAVIOLENCE is such a good title for an album, so high concept and suggestive, that for a song as middle of the road ldr as west coast to be what they select as the first single gives me absolutely no confidence that it will be a great followup to born to die

either that or the rest of the album is incredible, but different, and they selected west coast as the first single because it's more like born to die

either way my hype has been VERY deflated by west coast and the album cover

i agree with Ride, that and Born To Die (the song) are so quintessentially LDR in her BTD incarnation that it's difficult to see how she could ever top them. and ULTRAVIOLENCE it sounds like she's doing more of something very similar. the followup was always going to be difficult though, and i don't want to write it off before i hear it all. but definitely so far my confidence is not incredibly high.

Vazra

I think West Coast is a good song but it shouldn't be the first single of the album. Usually if you want to do a first single you aim for the song that represents the album the best. As for the album cover I would have liked the picture of her smoking and nothing else. Black background and White for Deluxe/Signed copies

Foxes-Glorious-Deluxe-Edition-2014-1500x1500-300x300.png

Remember to purchase Foxes debut album "Glorious" on May 12

The Singles:
mqdefault.jpg

Youth
mqdefault.jpg

Let Go For Tonight
mqdefault.jpg

Holding Onto Heaven

Aguila

#ICONIC
I don't mind West Coast as a single tbh. We could've gotten Black Beauty (had it not leaked) and that is definitely not a good first single.

Anyway, I'm SO glad Daniel Heath is going to be on Ultraviolence.

Blue Jeans the sequel PLEASE

101188_original.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom