• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibflBzF86gaWby.gif

Not Littlefoot lookin ass Drake.... sis.

nooooo, nawt littlefoot...

#TeamDAMNDrakeCouldGetIt

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;112028902 said:
But you stan Lana...

ideA5GifYxYjm.gif

Lana holds your head as you go to sleep and caresses you while Coldplay puts the pillow on your face hoping you suffocate in your sleep.

I can't remember
When I was young
I can't explain
If it was wrong
My life goes on
But not the same
Into your eyes
My face remains

(I've been so high)
I've been so down
(Up to the skies)
Down to the ground

I was so blind
I could not see
Your paradise
Is not for me

Styles

Lady Gaga's Live Artflop: NYC Ghosts and Flowers
Pop star's latest spectacle is short on hits, heavy on motivational speeches

isaP96ksCulD3.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Stefan™;112034407 said:
Lady Gaga's Live Artflop: NYC Ghosts and Flowers
Pop star's latest spectacle is short on hits, heavy on motivational speeches

latest spectacle? I think they summarized ha entire career
emoticon-00136-giggle.gif

Touchdown

Banned
12 MORE DAYS!!!

ibwXvYZu1Nw7Yk.gif

'

Boss now, you’re trying to be a boss now
Thinking you a boss now
Boy you just looking thirsty
Boss now, you try to be a boss now
Thinking you a chief now
Boy you’re just fucking thirsty

tumblr_inline_n5j30dPZek1qempwm.gif

Vazduh

Nice remix alert, courtesy of Kleerup!

NONONO - Hungry Eyes (Kleerup remix)

Coming for that Partition sound, I see. Not bad, not bad at all, but I expected a bit more from the first single.

Mau ®;112031881 said:
The Kings remain unbothered. They're about to unleash the equivalent of Beck's Sea Change for the current generation.

The
lesser
equivalent of the immaculate Sea Change has already been released and it's called I Never Learn. You can also throw in Becksus' own sequel to his masterpiece, Morning Phase.

I listened to Ghost Stories and while I wasn't exactly thrilled with it, it's better than Mylo Shyteloto, IMHO. They'll never top their first two albums, tho.

#TeamDAMNDrakeCouldGetIt

Count me in, too. He could get it, anytime, anywhere.

Introducing Zara Larsson (if not already known). Only 16 years old, I think she rose to fame through a TV talent show.

Bad Boys

I really liked this song and the video. The others not so much, but the girl has potential.

Styles

Sad but true: She relied on gimmicks to become an overnight sensation and she actually has a lot of talent and pluck. But she sold out, not relying on her talent to build a career, going for the grand slam shock value to get the tongues wagging and the twitter tweeting. I like her, but her fifteen minutes is coming to an end real fast. Miley, who has nowhere near the talent of Lady Gaga, is next. And soon. Building a career takes patience, diligence, and belief in one's own talent; not doing everything you can to get to the top as fast as possible. The fall is as quick as the rise. Like her or not, Taylor Swift has done it the right way. She doesn't rely on gimmickery and has a long performing life ahead if she so chooses.

Indeed.

Sad, but true.

iPhRljmAED4Zt.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Haven't seen much posted about it, but the Billboard awards are this weeked

Performers

Luke Bryan
Jason Derulo

Iggy Azalea - "Fancy"
Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea - "Problem"

5 Seconds of Summer - "She Looks So Perfect"
Florida Georgia Line
Jennifer Lopez - "First Love"
Imagine Dragons
Celine Dion
Shakira
John Legend
OneRepublic
Pitbull featuring Jennifer Lopez and Cláudia Leitte - "We Are One (Ole Ola)"
Miley Cyrus (via satellite)
Ricky Martin - "Vida"
Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood - "Somethin' Bad"
Lorde - "Tennis Court"

Beyoncé
Katy Perry - "Birthday" (via satellite)

Quite an odd bunch but I'm here for most of it
but WHAT is with people performing by satellite, gonna be like a live tour showing or what?

Mau ®;112071856 said:
Parachutes and Rush of Blood remain OVERRATED and SURPASSED by Viva La Vida.

Preach Mutha!! Viva La Vida exceeds every single one of their other efforts, nostalgic fans non-withstanding. Though Mylo Xyloto is far from my favorite album, it had its fair share of highs as well.

I haven't listened to Ghost Stories yet (I'll give it a thorough listen with my headphones when I buy it physical) but based on Magic and Midnight I'm expecting great things. The music sounds like it's in line with their pre-Viva eras, though the production's much more progressive.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Sky Full Of Stars. I think the hook is really obtuse and while I always love me some Chris Martin falsetto/coo-ing, I feel like I predicted every single melodic vocal before I even heard it. The breakdown is good but it doesn't even build until the second to last one. I know that they were going for some middle road between radio EDM and classic Coldplay but the song fails to me because it doesn't fully embrace either. Also, the "you're a sky full of stars" metaphor is too weak to be taken to heart.

Vazduh

Well, feel free to call me a nostalgic fan then, because I feel that both Parachutes and ...Rush of Blood... are lovely, well-rounded albums, and a high point of their discography.

Like I said earlier, there were some great songs on each album after Rush..., it's just that none of those albums managed to grab me the way the first two did.

cory64

VLV has Strawberry Swing and Lost and Violet Hill, so it might only make me fall asleep within 20 minutes instead of instantly like Ghost Stories

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Has wolf Alice ever been posted here? Because Moaning Lisa Smile just played on the radio and it was a sucker punch of slayage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom