• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ah, so it wasn't you who added the song to the POPGAF playlist? :D

Lemme listen to it again ;_;

wFBdgUs.gif

Listen to Sex On The Ceiling by Sevyn Streeter gurl.

cory64

If Taylor's gonna do Motown she better do it RIGHT. Half-assed Motown is worse than not trying at all.

Also I went to preorder Do It Again on Compact Disc but Amazon only had an import copy listed. A mess.

He don’t know me but he setting up to ███ me, uh
Said my Twitter pics remind him of Naomi, uh
On the low I used to holla at his homie, uh
███ it, now I’m about to ride him like a pony, yeah
Okay, thug prolly, yo come polly
He wanna ███ a bad Dolly and pop ███
I hope your pockets got a mutha███in' pot belly
Or is it that you never ball? John Salley
He had the Rolls in his Royce, the tone in his voice
Don’t want a good girl, now ██s is his choice
D██ on H, p███ on W
Mouth on open, a██ on smother you
A██ on the cover too, Elle Magazine
Vroom, vroom, vroom, get gasoline
Could I be your wife? Naw we could bang though
I got these ███s whipped — call me D-jango

i0rx2eKocPA2c.gif

Vazduh

Survey says no sis
I love me some T-ara, but Jiyeon's solo was meh at best. Amazing video, boring song.

In better international pop news however, the Korean queens of food related love songs have released a summer bop, Abing abing.

I didn't like her song, too, it's so boring, but the video was great, that's why I made a gif :D

Orange God have released a new single already?

BHH0HkV.gif

It's a bop!

Vazduh

Yesssssssssss! Monument shits hard.

yXaIvy1.gif

Edit: wait, two songs are 9 minutes long? I didn't expect such an epic length, but I don't mind, what I've heard so far is awesome.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Monument is far too long and runs out of steam because of it.
Make it a ~4min track and it would punch the head off everyone's faves but it's not so it doesnt.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's odd
For the tracks that were 90% instrumental, I kept hoping for more Robyn.
And the tracks that she was on a lot I wasn't really here for.

Monument needs the last five minutes cut
Idle Hour Club needs to the five minutes cut and the subtle edition of some vocals that would work with peacefulness of the track
Do It Again is great but I can't imagine keeping it in rotation for long
Say It has production but not nearly enough of Robyn
Every Little Thing is nice but nothing special

Not sure why this was called a collab album when it's really just Royksopp + some guest vocals when they feel like it

Mon-whew-ment?

The outpouring of critical acclaim continues unabated:

FemaleFirst said:
The overwhelming feeling you'll get from listening to this album is that Mariah is no longer afraid to simply be herself without feeling the need to cater to themes and genres she isn't as strong in. She's finally leaving that to others and excelling in an area of vocal technique she's always been one of the best in.

Mariah shows throughout this record that whilst her voice may have been put through the ringer in the past, it still sounds as good as it ever has done and when given the right song, she still has the ability to surprise and impress. The whistle register is still very much intact.

SoSoGay said:
The curious thing about Carey’s 14th studio album is that, while it may not be packed with huge singles, it’s a strong effort from Mimi/MC/The Elusive Chanteuse (still not buying it) nonetheless. It works incredibly well as a whole, with no bad songs that have you reaching for the ‘skip’ button. Her voice still sounds great too, even if the odd note sounds a little harder for her to hit now she’s well into her 40s – Mariah is still easily one of the best vocalists on the world stage. With the healthy crop of ballads on …The Elusive Chanteuse, Carey really gets to show her pipes are still in fine working order, particularly on those richer, deeper notes.

Unlikely to win her any new fans, and not exactly pushing any musical boundaries – unless you count trying to make R&B rightfully more mainstream, damnit – Mariah’s 14th album deserves to serve her well, because it’s far stronger than the troubled lead up to its release would have you believe.

Vibe said:
Messing around with big ballads, summery R&B anthems, hip-hop, choir-backed gospel and cover songs on one album could seem thematically indecisive. (Mariah has struggled with this before and come across as mom wearing young-adult leggings). But I Am Mariah glues all those ideas together, making the focal point her voice, which crescendos, becomes breathy or expresses sass when needed. Her staple whistle-runs—the thing that has made her Mariah Carey, the elusive chanteuse—pop up throughout, sometimes just as a show-off move. Jermaine Dupri, her go-to executive producer, knows the ins and outs.

Mariah's album artwork in Saudi Arabia:

ki

Vazduh

I know that 7echnicolor has written about Allie X already, but damn, is Catch a tune or what. I can't stop listening to that song!

Allie X - Catch

Oh, and since y'all are talking about Mariah so much, I think I'll give her album a listen now, just to see what the fuss is all about. It better be as good as you guys say!

FM1JGcN.gif

Wait... I'm actually enjoying a Mariah Carey album, what's happening to me?

iVFJ2zOYmVbCh.gif

"ALWAYS SOMEWHERE, BUT YOU'RE NOT THERE FOR ME ...Not there for me, not there for me."

*Did JD say he found out Mariah was a member of the Wu-Tang Clan at the end of 'Dedicated'?!? LMFAO.

Matt_

Penatonix has a new song out, called Love Again
Bit of a bop tbh
The girl giving me Kerli realness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom