• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

I think I'm going to listen to Mariah's album.

iFve4237kRuFS.gif

Come on skinny love just last the year
Pour a little salt, we were never here
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer

Tell my love to wreck it all
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall
Right in this moment this order's tall

52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Vazduh

Come on skinny love just last the year
Pour a little salt, we were never here
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer

Tell my love to wreck it all
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall
Right in this moment this order's tall

52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Yes, stan for the hot lumberjack daddy!

Birdy's cover is alright, too, I guess.

3phemeral

That link is all kinds of broken for me, and clicking on the original URL shows that the page doesn't exist. Is there an actual track to listen to?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks <3

It's a cute Calypso (?)-inspired gospel track. A little weird, though. Not sure if I'll use.

The production is all over the place and the lyrics had me screaming on first listen. I like the direction the music had but it could have been better.

Yado

Dedicated
Make It Look Good
You Don't Know What To Do
Money

These are the tracks I hadn't heard before that stood out to me. I didn't dislike it but as a casual listener it's what I would expect from a Mariah album. It's uh, ok.

iEpjGBz3OpLab.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What do you think of Meteorite? I'm still getting my life to this. I really feel like YDKWTD isn't the best choice, but Meteorite has that perfect combination of dramatic build, relatable lyrics, and those string of belts that people will try to emulate endlessly at karaoke. Those harmonies and adlibs in the background just round out the song so well.

Meteorite is good but I feel it needs a good remix to elevate it to an even higher plane of existence. It's just ripe for one tbh

Touchdown

Banned
Dedicated
Make It Look Good
You Don't Know What To Do
Money

These are the tracks I hadn't heard before that stood out to me. I didn't dislike it but as a casual listener it's what I would expect from a Mariah album. It's uh, ok.

iEpjGBz3OpLab.gif

At least you were able to sit through them though, I remember you saying you usually can't listen through a whole album without falling asleep.

iEpjGBz3OpLab.gif

Meteorite is good but I feel it needs a good remix to elevate it to an even higher plane of existence. It's just ripe for one tbh

Meteorite is fire and of course there will be a remix for it. This is meta golden chanteuse we're talking about.

iEpjGBz3OpLab.gif

not you giving up on The Lord

I've been listening to Speak Now a lot lately, it's really great.
Maybe even better than Red.
I might snatch a physical copy.

Do you remember, we were sittin' there, by the water?
You put your arm around me for the fist time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

Not when sayit is just a bunch of mudded noise

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ariana's performance of "Problem" on DWTS was a slay, but I need her to get into some more proper breathing techniques. Or at least not resort to taking breaths mid singing, where it's so jarring. She needs to learn to let the backing track do some work.

Touchdown

Banned
Ariana's performance of "Problem" on DWTS was a slay, but I need her to get into some more proper breathing techniques. Or at least not resort to taking breaths mid singing, where it's so jarring. She needs to learn to let the backing track do some work.

Ariana. The Elusive Enunciateuse.

rihanna-laughing-at-ariana-grande.gif

Cynosure

Tone: Whitney Houston > Christina Aguilera > Celine Dion > Adele Adkins > Stefani Germanotta > Mariah Carey > Beyonce > Kelly Clarkson > Leona Lewis

fact.
zero bias.

ivhjHk8fWJjLr.gif

Yado

At least you were able to sit through them though, I remember you saying you usually can't listen through a whole album without falling asleep.

I wasn't counting tracks but by the time I got to One More Try I was ready to tap out. I'm proud of myself for staying strong despite being unwittingly taken to church.

igMLAKbS7MChV.gif

Fancy is #2 on the Hot 100 now. Hopefully #1 next week :duca:

In other news:

Spotify publicly shaming Black Keys, Beyoncé for not sharing new albums

I can understand if it is a new release but Beyoncé should upload ha alberm tbh, I don't want to pay for it if I'm going to listen to it once. And kii at this Coldplay dragging.
Why would they though? Folks who wanna listen and not pay are going to steal it anyway. If this chart is to be believed there's basically nothing in it for artists to put their music there.
iOh5KTB9dmKp4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom