• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lana performing Ultraviolence the track!!! eeeeeeeeee

http://instagram.com/p/ocjz7sgPDb/

sklfjslfjldjklaskdlksdka

I LIVE.

tumblr_inline_n65z2tY21d1qgejfl.jpg

Vazduh

Mau ®;113428045 said:
Once again Vazduh and Never Forever keep slaying the recommendations. The inclusion of Baths's "Ocean Death" on the POPGAF playlist has made me check out the rest of his work and it's dope. Thanks sistren *.*

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

I'm glad you listened to Baths :*

Today is the 10th anniversary of Avril's magnum opus "Under My Skin".

Under_My_Skin.png

It gave us such iconic songs such as My Happy Ending and Nobody's Home. My favorite is Fall To Pieces tho

Listen to it on Spotify

I think I know that album by heart :eek: I remember being really hyped for it because the frontman of Our Lady Peace
which used to be my favorite band :rip:
, Raine Maida, co-wrote and produced half of the album with his wife, Chantal Kreviazuk. They're the ones who wrote Fall To Pieces which is probably the best song on the album, IMHO.

Nemesis_

Stefan™;113446408 said:

I just saw this and now I know who she is smothering after finishing the season and omg wrsbiusjnfiudhsnfoudncdfe

what are they even going to do for season 4 though, they're really dragging it out now aren't they

In dreams, I meet you in warm conversation
We both wake in lonely beds, different cities
And time is taking its sweet time erasing you
And you've got your demons and darling they all look like me

ib26elpqpaKq4e.gif

Styles

I just saw this and now I know who she is smothering after finishing the season and omg wrsbiusjnfiudhsnfoudncdfe

what are they even going to do for season 4 though, they're really dragging it out now aren't they

Yep,
the twist towards the end was totally unnecessary, but I guess they're aiming for syndication with the show.

That death though. ;__;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;113483722 said:
Not her being more excited about having a niece than the rest of her fam :ahh:

I wish Drake would've impregnated ha *.* R8 can wait *.*

I feel bad for you. Wishing a curse to your fave like that ain't cute.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Shakira is now the most liked person on Facebook
Why? I don't know, but congrats or whatever

Vazduh

I need some new music, current billboard chart isn't doing anyhing for me :/ any suggestions?

You'll find dozens of premium bops here:

This is the POPGAF Spotify playlist (click the banner). It is a collaborative playlist so you are able to add your own music to the mix.

• Do not add music that is more than 6 months old
  • Do not add full albums just the good tracks...
This is to discover new music faster, easily be able to grab it and add it to your own playlist.
Let me know if it doesnt work and please contibute. Enjoy!

SaintZ

Lana posted an Ultraviolence promo video.
I think I know that album by heart :eek: I remember being really hyped for it because the frontman of Our Lady Peace
which used to be my favorite band :rip:
, Raine Maida, co-wrote and produced half of the album with his wife, Chantal Kreviazuk. They're the ones who wrote Fall To Pieces which is probably the best song on the album, IMHO.
I wish Avril would work with them again but thanks to Chantal's pressed ass that won't be happening :(

#TIL: I probably won't be good at stanning. Sigh, there's only like a handful of artists I truly irrationally dislike, most of them I can see something positive in.

Added this one to the POPGAF playlist:

Frida Sundemo - Neon

Yasss, do publicity for the good sis Frida
god knows she isn't going to do it herself

Also, tyvm for the recommend for the Baths album. Baths, Sade, Royksopp and Bjork are becoming the four cornerstones of my revision playlist.

I need some new music, current billboard chart isn't doing anyhing for me :/ any suggestions?

Thank god you were serviced before I got here, I would have carpet-bombed you with indie musak.

Maybe I should make a little collage or something when I need downtime to give them some spotlight. For now, get into Molly Beanland's Night Dreams EP.

Kylie Minogue - Crystallize

Produced by Blood Orange (Dev Hynes) and Babydaddy

Dev Hynes AND Babydaddy?
WhoopiDead.gif

Not here for the awkward dancing tho. Song is cute.

wHm7vi.gif

Song sounds good, but the imagery really doesn't do anything for me. Then again, nothing really matters aside from the music, so whatever I guess.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I feel kind of bad for Gaga tbh, seems like the sharks can smell blood. The Tumblr geighs are getting downright spiteful.

Hopefully her next alberm slays.

Vazduh

I wish Avril would work with them again but thanks to Chantal's pressed ass that won't be happening :(

So what exactly happened between them, did Avril really plagiarize one of Chantal's songs or what? Gimme dirt, SaintZsus!

Yasss, do publicity for the good sis Frida
god knows she isn't going to do it herself

Also, tyvm for the recommend for the Baths album. Baths, Sade, Royksopp and Bjork are becoming the four cornerstones of my revision playlist.

I hope Frida is still successful in Japan, I know they liked her there. She and her music remind me of Vanbot a bit: both are from Sweden, both make kickass electropop music, but it's like they don't even try to promote their stuff.

Speaking of Vanbot, let's remember this godly Robyn-like tune:

smiley-dance013.gif
smiley-dance013.gif
Vanbot - Lost Without You
smiley-dance013.gif
smiley-dance013.gif

I love-love-love-love that song so much.

As for Baths, any time, good sis, any time :) I'm so happy there's another Baths fan here on POPGAF.

Btw, I have an 8tracks playlist with soothing tunes, maybe you'll find something for yourself there?

My soothing playlist

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This album slayed.

It's everyting else about it that didn't.

Even several of the LMs in the thread said just the other day that they couldn't get through the album any more though. The general consensus now seems to be that ARTPOP just isn't as good as her previous stuff.

The Fame Monster and most of Born This Way shit on ARTPOP.

It's better than The Fame for me. But honestly, that's not saying much considering I only go back to the singles from that alber.

royalan

Even several of the LMs in the thread said just the other day that they couldn't get through the album any more though. The general consensus now seems to be that ARTPOP just isn't as good as her previous stuff.

That's because LMs are more tied to Gaga's image and the success it generates than they'd care to admit. Trust, if Lady Gaga was still slaying the stage and holding the public's attention instead of vomiting it away like she has, they'd still be up in here talking about how ARTPOP is the best Pop alberm to come out in years.

For me, at least, some songs on ARTPOP have stuck with me just as well as any track from The Fame/Fame Monster. Sexxx Dreams, Fashion, Donatella, even GUY mop the floor with Birthed This Waste. Had she tied it together with an era that made sense and was significantly less desperate, I think ARTPOP could have turned out much different.

SaintZ

So what exactly happened between them, did Avril really plagiarize one of Chantal's songs or what? Gimme dirt, SaintZsus!
They had a falling out I think or at least they stopped being friends between UMS and TBDT for some reason but it was never clear (they used to be really close IIRC, Avril lived in Chantal's house for a year during UMS's production). One day Chantal saw the tracklist for TBDT and assumed "Contagious" was a song they had written together previously for UMS and was being used without her permission or knowledge so she trashed Avril in an interview thinking she had plagiarized the song.

The thing is... she didn't even listen to Contagious and made a fool of herself because of course it wasn't the same song so she had to retract her comments and publicly apologize to Avril since she threatened legal action, d.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's because LMs are more tied to Gaga's image and the success it generates than they'd care to admit. Trust, if Lady Gaga was still slaying the stage and holding the public's attention instead of vomiting it away like she has, they'd still be up in here talking about how ARTPOP is the best Pop alberm to come out in years.

For me, at least, some songs on ARTPOP have stuck with me just as well as any track from The Fame/Fame Monster. Sexxx Dreams, Fashion, Donatella, even GUY mop the floor with Birthed This Waste. Had she tied it together with an era that made sense and was significantly less desperate, I think ARTPOP could have turned out much different.

I strongly disagree. I think the weak album is the catalyst for Gaga's collapsing popularity, not vice versa.

Goodbye.

Even Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn are better than those two songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom