• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Also yes, Donatella and Fashion are total trash and pretty much the worst examples from ARTPOP that you could have picked.

Also YouKnowNothing what do you mean 'even Highway Unicorn'?

ibqPzfqRS1cCA2.gif

Highway Unicorn is a bop.
#JusticeForHighwayUnicorn

Also yes, Donatella and Fashion are total trash and pretty much the worst examples from ARTPOP that you could have picked.

Also YouKnowNothing what do you mean 'even Highway Unicorn'?

Highway Unicorn is a bop.
#JusticeForHighwayUnicorn

Now sis...

One day your ears will let you hear the truthT.

Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit
Run, run withered tit

ibqPzfqRS1cCA2.gif

Vazduh

Btw, for some reason I'm amused that y'all paid Nicole Scherzinger complete dust. She truly remains a flop extraordinaire
796000d1367645229-santa-cruz-bronson-smiley-rofl.gif

Although it has to be said that Don't Hold Your Breath kinda shits.

They had a falling out I think or at least they stopped being friends between UMS and TBDT for some reason but it was never clear (they used to be really close IIRC, Avril lived in Chantal's house for a year during UMS's production). One day Chantal saw the tracklist for TBDT and assumed "Contagious" was a song they had written together previously for UMS and was being used without her permission or knowledge so she trashed Avril in an interview thinking she had plagiarized the song.

The thing is... she didn't even listen to Contagious and made a fool of herself because of course it wasn't the same song so she had to retract her comments and publicly apologize to Avril since she threatened legal action, d.

tumblr_mc2jut71cU1rwl7hzo1_250.gif

Damn, that was really dumb of her, what was she thinking? Dead.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.
iN7EqlbKg3kJC.gif

Roy can't be reasoned with.

This gif, I almost forgot about it, especially the brief "it flopped" part
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This gif, I almost forgot about it, especially the brief "it flopped" part
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

every time i scroll this page and see it i start laughing again
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

'it flopped'
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

has roy had the most gifs made about ha in popgaf though? definitely the most iconic gifs. the impacT is undeniable.

q4yNUIS.gif

Tell me your Wii U NNIDs and add these lovely popgaffers.

GAF Name : NNID

Supermanisdead: Supermanizdead
Aguila: Agui1a
Gravelord_Nito: Gravelord_Nito18
Booty Patrol: 212Banks
JCX: MetroidManX
Satch: satchy
DMeisterJ: DMeisterJ
<+)O Robido O(+>: r0b1d0
Koodo: Koodoe
Nemesis: Nemesis556

cha_kinopio.png

Vazduh

So Ester Dean released a ratchet trap single called Twerkin' 4 Birkin

featuring these lyrics:

These hoes be twerkin’ for Birkin
Poppin’ coochie for Gucci
Bust it wide for that Prada
Bend it over for Louis.

Lemme go listen Get My Dough again since that one's actually good.

oh actually i kind of like this

i don't think she'll top poison tho

We'll see.
Although you're probably right.
I'm curious about the new album since it's produced by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, it might be usable.

every time i scroll this page and see it i start laughing again
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

'it flopped'
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

has roy had the most gifs made about ha in popgaf though? definitely the most iconic gifs. the impacT is undeniable.

I had to scroll again, lmao. It's hypnotic <3

Goodbye.

Even Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn are better than those two songs.

My favorite thing about reading everyone arguing about Gaga's material is that there's never a consensus about which songs are "good" and which songs aren't.

Royalan calling Fashion and Donatella album highlights when, to me, they're probably the worst of her studio material this side of Boys Boys Boys, is really funny to me and it tells me that her songs have a certain character that resonate differently depending on what listeners are looking for. Of course that applies to most music, but I haven't seen disagreements this common across an artist's portfolio. Like I read two ARTPOP reviews back to back with one calling "Gypsy" a terrible song and the other saying it's one of her best songs. Like.. wut

The only songs people seem to be aligned about are Bad Romance and Pokerface, and I think most of that alignment is due to the fact that they were really popular as well. lol

Yado

These blasphemous posts...
Fashion is the pinnacle of Artpop. That carefree Malibu Barbie vibe singlehandedly rejuvenated my gay chakra.

But yeah Donatella is a waste of studio time.

cory64

My favorite thing about reading everyone arguing about Gaga's material is that there's never a consensus about which songs are "good" and which songs aren't.

Royalan calling Fashion and Donatella album highlights when, to me, they're probably the worst of her studio material this side of Boys Boys Boys, is really funny to me and it tells me that her songs have a certain character that resonate differently depending on what listeners are looking for. Of course that applies to most music, but I haven't seen disagreements this common across an artist's portfolio. Like I read two ARTPOP reviews back to back with one calling "Gypsy" a terrible song and the other saying it's one of her best songs. Like.. wut

The only songs people seem to be aligned about are Bad Romance and Pokerface, and I think most of that alignment is due to the fact that they were really popular as well. lol
Boys Boys Boys and Fashion! are pure homosexual SLAYS and I won't have any of your opinions on them.

royalan

Donatella is hot because it makes me want to stomp my heels like the baddest bitch on the block, same with Fashion! There a focus and simplicity to them that reels me in.

For an uptempo Pop song to connect with me, it has to do so on a primal level like that. Whereas a lot of Gaga's uptempo songs are just kind of pointless. A mash of noise. It's why I don't like a lot of the BTW tracks.

Donatella is hot because it makes me want to stomp my heels like the baddest bitch on the block, same with Fashion! There a focus and simplicity to them that reels me in.

For an uptempo Pop song to connect with me, it has to do so on a primal level like that. Whereas a lot of Gaga's uptempo songs are just kind of pointless. A mash of noise. It's why I don't like a lot of the BTW tracks.

I like stomping to Marry The Night and Scheiße tbh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Donatella and Fashion! make you wanna stomp your feet? Hm. I think more along the lines of Maneater and Crazy In Love when I think of heel stomping.

Vazduh

Canadian BOP of the week:

More Than Friends

Hot buff blonde alert.

Not Victoria Duffield
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png

The song is catchy, though. If I didn't watch the video, I would have easily mistaked her for Carly Rae Flopsen.

#JusticeforKiss

Btw, B-Dex and Christopher, you should come here more often :)

Wait. WAIT. This was actually good?!

7ea9986decccf2d688883c86ba536dfe69ad7111_m.jpg

I'm used to
mostly
disliking her so I'm confused a bit right now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She actually gets a television performance gig and she does Beyonce material? lol

I mean its ok to do covers but she has an album coming up and on her chance to do "I Will Never Let You Down" or something new she goes with a cover. She sounds pretty good and I like the arrangement but girl please promote your own music.

Touchdown

Banned
ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

Y'all. Tonight after 4.forever long years, we will have a new Mariah album. I still can't get over the now iconic title and how hard the songs slay.
The flow from the opening song Cry. through Meteorite is untouchable. Her most put together album since The Emancipation.

ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

Speaking of Vanbot, let's remember this godly Robyn-like tune:

smiley-dance013.gif
smiley-dance013.gif
Vanbot - Lost Without You
smiley-dance013.gif
smiley-dance013.gif

I love-love-love-love that song so much.

Btw, I have an 8tracks playlist with soothing tunes, maybe you'll find something for yourself there?

My soothing playlist

You actual BITCH. I canNOT with your excellent taste and all the good music you keep throwing at me. Another name to add to the list of artists I need to dive into. Luckily she has a couple of free tracks on her Soundcloud to keep me going for the meantime. This is really good. What is it about Scandinavia?

Thanks for the soothing playlist, it has a beautiful rhythm.

Maybe you should try this? Karin Park - Thousand Loaded Guns
(who am I kidding, you probably already own all her alberms)

I thought Say Lou Lou were releasing their album about now and then I checked and Amazon says it's going to be November 3rd? :( That's going to be Adele's blast radius, I fear :(

Also, Meteorite is an actual smash and Mariah needs to make it the next single because it's soooo good. The production is divine and the vocals are *.*. Album is already out here, it's pretty damn good.
ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

Vitanimus

Maneater, make you work hard
Make you spend hard
Make you want all, of her love
She's a maneater
make you buy cars
make you cut cards
make you fall, real hard in love

ibcBtrUDZogg5x.gif

I cannot WAIT till I finish these exams so I can get outrageously drunk and die of alcohol poisoning to this slut anthem

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Maneater, make you work hard
Make you spend hard
Make you want all, of her love
She's a maneater
make you buy cars
make you cut cards
make you fall, real hard in love

ibcBtrUDZogg5x.gif

I cannot WAIT till I finish these exams so I can get outrageously drunk and die of alcohol poisoning to this slut anthem
stan iT

i've had it in my head for days

that BEAT, timbaland and danja at their BEST

OMG I forgot some of the world already has it. Spill it.
ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

Not me being so overwhelmed by how wonderful the album is that I used the word 'good' twice in three sentences.
b3d79dc8.gif

This is the first release by a major (chart-topping, established career etc.) artist in the past year that I've been fully behind. Production is on point, vocals as strong as ever, she's dropped a lot of the crap that was holding her back... All the delays were worth it if this is the album we're getting now as opposed to what we may have received last year.

Some of the lyrics are classic. I miss you half as much as you miss me, lol.

Mariah is the first winner of one of these Icon Awards that I can actually get behind because she easily meets all the possible criteria I can think of for a musical icon, now including one of the most iconic album titles of all time. It's ridiculous, yet memorable. She kinda followed the trend for eponymous albums in the past year, but she sure made it her own.

And people were saying she should just settle back on the royalties of All I Want For Christmas Is You. She sure brought it back with style.

What a legend.
ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom