• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back Say Something was the best song of 2013.

Just thought I would leave that here.

iFUBNLeZuJS3d.gif

Vazduh

You actual BITCH. I canNOT with your excellent taste and all the good music you keep throwing at me. Another name to add to the list of artists I need to dive into. Luckily she has a couple of free tracks on her Soundcloud to keep me going for the meantime. This is really good. What is it about Scandinavia?

Thanks for the soothing playlist, it has a beautiful rhythm.

Maybe you should try this? Karin Park - Thousand Loaded Guns
(who am I kidding, you probably already own all her alberms)

I thought Say Lou Lou were releasing their album about now and then I checked and Amazon says it's going to be November 3rd? :( That's going to be Adele's blast radius, I fear :(

Also, Meteorite is an actual smash and Mariah needs to make it the next single because it's soooo good. The production is divine and the vocals are *.*. Album is already out here, it's pretty damn good.
ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

You're too kind :eek: Thank you, sir! Vanbot is indeed great. When My Heart Breaks, Make Me Break Me, Got To Get Out, Numb are all great songs and I'm sure that every Robyn fan would love those. I don't know what it is about Sweden, but I'm glad they're continuously blessing us with celestial pop tunes.

Here's another artist you might like! Salem al Fakir - It's Only You (Part 2)

Terrible video aside, the song is wonderful, it's one of my favorites. If you like that one, be sure to check out his album Astronaut, it's magnificent.

Karin, right! I've heard one of her songs a few months ago, but I never listened to her albums. Which one should I start with? Oh, and is it just me or does her voice sound exactly like Malin's from Niki and the Dove?

Wait, Say Lou Lou postponed their album again?! It was supposed to be released in September, dammit. It's going to be such a long wait.

And I agree about Meteorite, it's an album highlight and Mariah should definitely release it as a single.

Vazduh

Austin Mahone is in top ten?
eek.gif
I didn't know he was that popular.
eek.gif

Speaking of the little twat... Even though I was reprimanded a bit by SaintZ for listening to Austin's The Secret EP, I still can't help but recommend this throwback jam to y'all:

Austin Mahone - The One I've Waited For

Just close your eyes, imagine it's Backstreet Boys singing this instead of Little Jailbait, and let that little fucker in.
pSlGFJ5.gif
pSlGFJ5.gif
pSlGFJ5.gif

Here's another artist you might like! Salem al Fakir - It's Only You (Part 2)

Terrible video aside, the song is wonderful, it's one of my favorites. If you like that one, be sure to check out his album Astronaut, it's magnificent.

Karin, right! I've heard one of her songs a few months ago, but I never listened to her albums. Which one should I start with? Oh, and is it just me or does her voice sound exactly like Malin's from Niki and the Dove?

Tyvm, I'll add that to the list.

I'd say that you should probably start with Highwire Poetry, it's her Robyn in a way as her first release on a new label that's taken a bit of a turn off of the beaten path. I'd say that she actually sounds more like Karin Dreijer Andersson, aka Fever Ray/the vocalist of The Knife, but I can hear the Malin comparisons as well.

tumblr_n679emp3Jn1s46wiao1_500.jpg

Mess at Mariah and Lana being the only females in the top 10 worldwide albums itunes chart.

tumblr_lns1xoQumJ1qlrey0o1_500.gif

Lana''ll go #1 even if the singles tank.
Praying that MIAMTEC knocks out Ghost Snore-ies, but it's probs more likely to be Sam Smith if anyone.
(insert oblig 'Yaaaaaaaaaassss Robynsus slay')

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
uh waiT at Godbyn and Godsopp being in the top 10, sleee

iblcFGez2WIkkf.gif

not surprising, it has been getting great writeups so far. critics agree that it's the pop release of the year to date.

BzLZbTy.png

simply ascending beyond the ba$ics languishing in the mid-60s

Touchdown

Banned

I'd say that you should probably start with Highwire Poetry, it's her Robyn in a way as her first release on a new label that's taken a bit of a turn off of the beaten path. I'd say that she actually sounds more like Karin Dreijer Andersson, aka Fever Ray/the vocalist of The Knife, but I can hear the Malin comparisons as well.

tumblr_lns1xoQumJ1qlrey0o1_500.gif

Lana''ll go #1 even if the singles tank.
Praying that MIAMTEC knocks out Ghost Snore-ies, but it's probs more likely to be Sam Smith if anyone.
(insert oblig 'Yaaaaaaaaaassss Robynsus slay')

aldfkj;alkjf I just realized my unintended shade.
b3d79dc8.gif

Vazduh

The thirst!

Not like this

Austin Mahone stanning in PopGAF?

JzABgM2.gif

You can chalk my temporary lapse in judgement to the alcohol. And nostalgia <3

MMM Yeah (feat. Pitbull) still remains trash, tho.

Oh, thank you! I'll make sure to give her album a listen. And I can't believe Fever Ray didn't also come to mind, they really do sound alike :)

Yado

I was excited for their EP as I love Robyn & Royksopp separately but now I don't have a particularly strong desire to listen to it. I like Do It Again but everything else I've heard...

This is the first time I've listened to the full Royksopp and Robyn EP. I like every song.

Ranking would go Monument(al Slay) > Slayit > Every Little Slay > Slay It Again > (Slay) Inside The Idle Hour Club.

ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
that makes it the worst reviewed Robyn album tho, which sounds right
I thought you didn't even like Godbyn though

And it doesn't, the averages for Body Talk pt 1 & pt 2 are each 76

Although the averages for both Robyn and Body Talk are 86

Does anyone else's faves even try though? Robyn just absolutely slays them.

Koodo

Banned
qorl

The fact that I pre-ordered the Robyn and Mariah albers and the downloads have yet to happen despite these being available to purchase.

Let me never pre-order digital content again.

Partition

Banned
I thought you didn't even like Godbyn though

And it doesn't, the averages for Body Talk pt 1 & pt 2 are each 76

Although the averages for both Robyn and Body Talk are 86

Does anyone else's faves even try though? Robyn just absolutely slays them.

No I enjoy some of her tracks, but I think as an artist she is certainly one of the least interesting out of her Swede comrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom