• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
FKA Twigs, ha album LP1, is coming on August 12.

BptLgzRCIAAx-9n.jpg:large

Preorder iT:

http://fkatwi.gs/#order

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lp1/id885796922

Vazduh

I liked Microsoft's conference, and I believe that Phil Spencer was the best thing that happened to the XBOX division in years. The only thing that really bothered me was that there were so many CG trailers, and so little gameplay, but still, the lineup for this and the next year is a solid one, and it seems that people finally have a strong reason to buy an Xbox One.
PS4 is still the better console, tho

And I'm really happy that
Crystal Dynamics
is doing not only the sequel to
Tomb Raider (I literally screamed when the trailer started)
, but also the sequel to
Guardian of Light,
which was such a lovely game.

Can't wait for Sony and Nintendo E3 conferences.

Oh, and since this is POPGAF, here's some new music from La Roux!!

La Roux - Tropical Chancer

She's winning me over with these new tunes, damn!

Mau ®

Yesterday I had a dream I bought an Xbox One.

Not after that conference though lol

King Sony better destroy them like they have for almost all E3's

HmmmT, I may have to seduce someone dumb enough to bring their £400 Xbone to unay in order to play Sunset Overdrive, but the rest was meh. Still don't want to buy an Xbox. Whatever, I'm perched for character reveals for Smash Bros more than anything else this E3.

FKA Twigs, ha album LP1, is coming on August 12.

I'm so here for this. EP2 was mad solid.

But...

Trouble in Paradise is guaranteed album of the summer at this point. I totally hear the Grace Jones influence, je l'adore. Uptight Downtown, Let Me Down Gently, Tropical Chancer... Elly Jackson, kissed by fire. Immortal queen.

I LOVE YOU LIKE A LOVE SONG BABY

AND I KEEP HITTIN' REPEAT-PEAT-PEAT-PEAT-PEAT

What kind of devilishly simple yet enduring bop? Still ending me three years later.

Mau ®

OMG!!

Rihanna was spotted dinning with Chris Martin.

He's always had a crush on her. Yas Rih get him to write you a GHOST STORIES *.*

EA's presentation started well with a legit hottie, then descended into 'allthefeels.jpg' nerdery and a Sims game that looks like a Sims game. And now we're into Sports, I'm so done

Wonderful 101 is 12.9GB to download, so I need to buy an external harddrive before I can play it. I didn't realise that my Wii U has no memory, sigh. Not-so-free-game. Still, gonna be worth it when I can afford it~

Also, goodBYE at all the character assassination that seems to be going on from people that don't even seem to read this thread, let alone post in it.

Oh, the hottie is back now hooray. Mirror's Edge, finally.

Mau ®

rihanna-chrismartin.jpg

Fuck Drake!! This is it!!! YASSSS He's so beautiful and so is she *.*

EDIT: She faved a collaboration tweet. It's happening. ***.***

I can't wait for Nint- communication error.

Fuck you, lol

My GOD. The iTunes Festival performance of ARTPOP is by far the best thing to come out of this mess era. Such nuance, such reserved power. Those drum synths in the background. Those hee-hees in full force. That vibrato and timbre in her voice. Just perfect.

The studio version meanwhile can fuck right off

Trigger

My GOD. The iTunes Festival performance of ARTPOP is by far the best thing to come out of this mess era. Such nuance, such reserved power. Those drum synths in the background. Those hee-hees in full force. That vibrato and timbre in her voice. Just perfect.

I still prefer the iTunes Festival version of a few songs. Gaga set a bar with those performances that the album didn't quite top.

I don't understand why GAF is so pressed by this community. You guys crack me up. Keep on keepin on PopGaf.

Neither have I. It's weird the kind of assumptions people make about the community.

I still prefer the iTunes Festival version of a few songs. Gaga set a bar with those performances that the album didn't quite top.

Neither have I. It's weird the kind of assumptions people make about the community.

Yeah, I also really love the Swine performance. Runs circles conceptually around the studio version, which felt so watered down and rushed. The screams and guitar riffs really bring the song to life.

3phemeral

Fuck you, lol

Truly sad. I really only can use both versions of MANiCURE, but the live versions are far and away the superior tracks. It's as if forcing herself to condense her material culminated into both a concise and superior vision. SEXXX DREAMS by far, was the worst offender of this lack of restraint.

I was so mad at the the loss of the iTunes bridge and the fact that she decided to muddle the narrative by making this simple forbidden love story between two women into some Pokerface 2.0 "when i lay with you, I think of him." Admittedly, when I heard SD for the first time, I instantly had a whole music video conceived in my head and because of it, there was no room for the new stuff. I still think that despite that, it sucked. I mean, come on, what the heck is this? WHAT IS THIS?

You could turn a stone
Or the color of
and petrified
by a woman
In love as I am when I lay with you
I think of him
I think of him

[edit] After thinking about it a bit, it reminded me of that time she went up to her fans and lifted her cellphone proclaiming "when you take pictures with this, this is not art. Art is a process" [paraphrased]. What's funny is that her lyrical approach to this album is exactly like that when she said "I trusted my instincts more" which I can only assume meant "I'll use my first draft even if it's nonsensical."

Truly sad. I really only can use both versions of MANiCURE, but the live versions are far and away the superior tracks. It's as if forcing herself to condense her material culminated into both a concise and superior vision. SEXXX DREAMS by far, was the worst offender of this lack of restraint.

I was so mad at the the loss of the iTunes bridge and the fact that she decided to muddle the narrative by making this simple forbidden love story between two women into some Pokerface 2.0 "when i lay with you, I think of him." Admittedly, when I heard SD for the first time, I instantly had a whole music video conceived in my head and because of it, there was no room for the new stuff. I still think that despite that, it sucked. I mean, come on, what the heck is this? WHAT IS THIS?

You could turn a stone
Or the color of
and petrified
by a woman
In love as I am when I lay with you
I think of him
I think of him

What's the bridge from the performance? I don't even remember how it goes, but I remember not liking it. Probably coz I couldn't decipher the lyrics. lol

3phemeral

What's the bridge from the performance? I don't even remember how it goes, but I remember not liking it. Probably coz I couldn't decipher the lyrics. lol

Even being undecipherable, it was still better. :)

Well, what you could make out, it seemed to add to the theme rather than betray the focus of the narrative. As far as I could hear, it went something like:

We were in the swimming pool
I was kissing over you and
Just this summer, we made love
Dangerous poetry rownd wif ballbadees san all the times
Cuziss right of a thousand doves

I just preferred what I could potentially hear and just overall, felt the live vocals matches the energy of the track more effectively.

ivDrlniTE1vR4.gif

Even being undecipherable, it was still better. :)

Well, what you could make out, it seemed to add to the theme rather than betray the focus of the narrative. As far as I could hear, it went something like:

We were in the swimming pool
I was kissing over you and
Just this summer, we made love
Dangerous poetry rownd wif ballbadees san all the times
Cuziss right of a thousand doves

I just preferred what I could potentially hear and just overall, felt the live vocals matches the energy of the track more effectively.

Screaming at your phonetic take on it

I got this from a lyrics site:

We were in the swimming pool, I was naked, so were you
when I wrote this song while we made love
Dangerous poetry rhymed with our bodies,
And now's the time for the trial
With doubts and drawls (lol)

Sounds legit even though the last part really makes no sense. Her bridges never do though, let's be real.

3phemeral

Screaming at your phonetic take on it

I got this from a lyrics site:

We were in the swimming pool, I was naked, so were you
when I wrote this song while we made love
Dangerous poetry rhymed with our bodies,
And now's the time for the trial
With doubts and drawls (lol)

Sounds legit even though the last part really makes no sense. Her bridges never do though, let's be real.
That actually sounds...right. When I first searched for anyone else's take, there were a lot of obvious mismatches with the phonetics. If that last line is correct, I'm assuming it means "with doubts and [with]drawls," which would completely fit what was happening and cements the idea that it was the better bridge (even though I have no qualms with how the CD version was arranged).

For her nonsensical bridges, she - for the most part - kept a spirit of humor that's been pretty inline with her tongue-in-cheek approach to her sillier tracks. I would say this works for Venus and Mary Jane Holland, but not for Sexxx Dreams.

Thanks for finding those. I gave up and thought no one would ever figure it out.

That actually sounds...right. When I first searched for anyone else's take, there were a lot of obvious mismatches with the phonetics. If that last line is correct, I'm assuming it means "with doubts and [with]drawls," which would completely fit what was happening and cements the idea that it was the better bridge (even though I have no qualms with how the CD version was arranged).

For her nonsensical bridges, she - for the most part - kept a spirit of humor that's been pretty inline with her tongue-in-cheek approach to her sillier tracks. I would say this works for Venus and Mary Jane Holland, but not for Sexxx Dreams.

Thanks for finding those. I gave up and thought no one would ever figure it out.

Her tongue-in-cheek bridges are what made me fan. Singing about being in love with Judas and wanting vengeance, and then coining the term "ear condom" out of nowhere takes a certain kind of crazy.

I agree that the lyrics for the old Sexxx Dreams bridge works better thematically than the new one, though melodically I prefer the final version. "I'll think of him" is a decent enough hook.

LET ME SEE YOU SEXERCIZE

COME ON BABY

SEXERCIZE

FEEL THE BURN

SEXERCIZE

LET ME SEE YOU TAKE IT DOWN, TAKE IT DOWN

LET ME SEE YOU PICK IT UP

LET ME SEE YOU BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE

tumblr_mxa8os0C9l1qaeiy6o7_250.gif

B-Dex

Mau ®;115516308 said:
rihanna-chrismartin.jpg

Fuck Drake!! This is it!!! YASSSS He's so beautiful and so is she *.*

EDIT: She faved a collaboration tweet. It's happening. ***.***

Cause her last collab with a rock group went so well.

Vazduh

I LOVE YOU LIKE A LOVE SONG BABY

AND I KEEP HITTIN' REPEAT-PEAT-PEAT-PEAT-PEAT

What kind of devilishly simple yet enduring bop? Still ending me three years later.

At first I hated it, now I love it non-ironically. Slay, Selena, you talentless Texan queen.

LET ME SEE YOU SEXERCIZE

COME ON BABY

SEXERCIZE

FEEL THE BURN

SEXERCIZE

gqXjTkR.gif

The music videos (especially the main one) really helped elevate the song from mediocre to guilty pleasure. It's such a silly song, yet somehow it works.

zAHkQU7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom