• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Pop Queen of the Straights Rihanna attended Spike TV's Guys Choice Awards. She took home the first ever "most desirable woman".

Rih had this to say:

"Well, I mean, thank you for voting me for this at 26 because we all know it goes downhill from here. But this is a fun award, I appreciate it. Shout out to all the real men out there."

normal_6372207.jpg

BplGrJ_CEAA6sRA.jpg

tumblr_n6u092lQHe1rdbl17o1_500.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Finally Purchased this gem. (I posted a link for one of her songs before)
This album simply slays the fuck out of me and listening to it on Spotify wasn't enough. This year is proving to be better than 2013 in terms of releases.

EDIT: Ohhh...
iLvNHdUTffehQ.png

royalan

Finally Purchased this gem. (I posted a link for one of her songs before)

This album simply slays the fuck out of me and listening to it on Spotify wasn't enough. This year is proving to be better than 2013 in terms of releases.

I got into her after listening to a podcast she was on a few months back. I dig the album.

tmarques

Regardless of lack of promotion or hit single, I'm still shocked Mariah doesn't seem to have 100k fans in the US devoted enough to buy her album in the first couple of weeks - and a *good* album too.

Surely the flop to which every release will be compared in the foreseeable future. Madonna would better take notice and step up her game.

According to Hits Daily Double, here’s how next week’s tally is shaping up:
(...)
If still looking for Mimi, stop. It’s a fruitless exercise, because the ‘The Elusive Chanteuse’ does not feature. What does this mean? It confirms that the album is set to sell less than 15,000 copies in its second week on sale – representing anywhere from a 70%-80% drop from its already disastrous 58k opening.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It slays. I prefer Strange Mercy tho
Her discography slays.
01c483f802.png

Regardless of lack of promotion or hit single, I'm still shocked Mariah doesn't seem to have 100k fans in the US devoted enough to buy her album in the first couple of weeks - and a *good* album too.

Surely the flop to which every release will be compared in the foreseeable future. Madonna would better take notice and step up her game.
giphy.gif

Lana please don't fail me now.

royalan

Honestly, I'm not surprised at Mariah's sales. Regardless of the quality of the album, the team had to have known that all the push-backs and "1st singles" were going to suck every last shred of hype or public interest from the project.

Still, I'm just glad that she managed to put out a good album in the end. And I think there's a chance the album can have legs if she can manage to squeeze out a hit track.

Mariah has my pop AOTY so far. I didn't expect that in January.

Edit: ALSO, I do not understand Popjustice's boner for Starships. The nerve of calling it Bad Romance 2.0 or whatever it was...

Poor Mariah. This album felt like a true Successor to the Emancipation and it sucks that sales wise, it didn't reflect that.

Welp, I hope she will now hang it up and live life a diva with what dignity she has left.

She need to move on to bigger projects and build her name as an influence in the industry rather than the competition. She can be a great mentor for up and coming singers. She has all the skills, the technicals, the astonishing resume to prove it. With an artist under her wing with as much connection she has in the game, she can build the next biggest thing.

If not, she can start a school for talent people such as Gillard or something, name it after herself and up her brand even higher. Like goodness, there is just so many options and doors for her.

Grimes and Charli stan each other.
Sigh, amazing real artists with that all-important songwriting talent, which is lacking in Song Thieves such as Rihanna and Icunta Pop. <3
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Queens of HAIR and STYLE tbh
True Girl Power™

Their albums will be exceptional masterpieces that make autumn 2014 magical. I Canute wait. (Omg, Charli feat. Grimes or Grimes feat. Charli would be so amazing)

Also, apparently there's a rumour that Madonna's new single may come out Tuesday but I feel like there have been rumours every Tuesday since forever so it probably ain't happenin' #Madonna13ForFriday13th

Vitanimus

Sigh, amazing real artists with that all-important songwriting talent, which is lacking in Song Thieves such as Rihanna and Icunta Pop. <3
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

True Girl Power™

Their albums will be exceptional masterpieces that make autumn 2014 magical. I Canute wait. (Omg, Charli feat. Grimes or Grimes feat. Charli would be so amazing)

Also, apparently there's a rumour that Madonna's new single may come out Tuesday but I feel like there have been rumours every Tuesday since forever so it probably ain't happenin' #Madonna13ForFriday13th

yessssssss

what's your twitter

B-Dex

BWET is the FFXV of pop.

Also weird al coming out with a new album? Slay me polka queen. Iggy better approve so he can get that single out.

Aguila

#ICONIC

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

True Girl Power&#8482;

They've been friends for a while. There was a video from a long time ago where the two of them were hanging out with Sky Ferreira and Kreayshawn (ew). I wish they all collabed in some way (except for Kreayshawn). ;_;

They've been friends for a while. There was a video from a long time ago where the two of them were hanging out with Sky Ferreira and Kreayshawn (ew). I wish they all collabed in some way (except for Kreayshawn). ;_;

Omg, Charli + Grimes + Sky? :ahhhh:
What a legendary threesome of indie grunge pop style icons
But who the fuck is Kreayshawn

yessssssss

what's your twitter

Don't have it, but I think I may join because of all the important thoughts I have overflowing in my head that people must know and I need an outlet for them

Touchdown

Banned

Oh fuck you bitch. Honestly the album is not as much of a flop as your little cunt self. You only ever come in here to shade either Mariah or Madonna, both of whom have passed the point of giving two shits what their first week album sales are at this point in either of their legendary careers. Mariah Carey, singer and songwriter of 18 number one singles and seller of over 200+million albums worldwide remains unbothered. You can go and take your old lulu troll bitch ass and "be shocked" somewhere else you obsessed fuck. Be gone.

ibbtFOnzWgQ3EU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom