• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
7B7JZh0m.jpg

It's over.

Oh.

I'm here for full pop Taylor tbh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
La Roux has turned 2014 into her bitch. Every song she has put out so far has punched. I'm so ready to be slain into oblivion by her alber.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga had a V-mag shoot last week
apparently working with Steven Klein
and was in the studio yesterday

could be something worthwhile or just Cheek to Cheek going by this binder

Bpz_p1TCcAIHcGE.jpg

That's the first time in months she's actually looked her age.

All the horrible makeup and wigs this era added ten years to ha face, but I can use this fresh, underdone (by Gaga standards) style

Vazduh

Devil's Third was surprising but I guess no one cares about the game any longer (and the trailer looked kind of crappy for a game that's been in development for so long). Shame, because it could have caused another meltdown a la Bayonetta 2.

You're being too kind. To say that Devil's Third (or let's be honest, TURD) looked crappy would be an understatement of the year. The trailer was okay compared to that 15-minute walkthrough video, it seriously looked like an unfinished first-generation PS3 game, which wouldn't be that much of a problem if it wasn't Itagaki producing the thing. The man is responsible for one of the best games of all time, Ninja Gaiden (Black), and to see that this was the game he's been working on since 2010 is truly heartbreaking. No wonder THQ dropped it a few years ago.

Sorry, I got a bit carried away :eek:

Ontopic: I can't stop listening to Kimbra's Nobody But You, it's my favorite tune at the moment.

Nemesis_

I can't find it anymore but she did mention she enjoyed putting things together that were shit and didn't match for this era. It was the photo where she had the giant platforms. But I seriously can't find it anymore

NinjaBoiX

Just saw the new cover of Cosmopolitan on the shelf while perusing the magazines in the supermarket. Katy Perry just died her hair dark green.

lol, super cool Williams setting the trends for all the other chumps to follow once again.

2syqRGv.jpg

Not sure if she thinks they where bad but she always does ugly on purpose

I can't find it anymore but she did mention she enjoyed putting things together that were shit and didn't match for this era. It was the photo where she had the giant platforms. But I seriously can't find it anymore
I was looking for this quote, it's old but I think she's doing it because of this:
"[Hearing] 'We just want you to look beautiful' over and over and over again in my head until I just wanted to look ugly all the time, because I'm rebellious. . . . It really crushed me. Like, I've won Grammys now. I've written albums. I've toured the world four times. You're telling me to look beautiful? It's all back to tits and ass? That's so sad."
Or so I read on Tumblr (lol)

OMGSAIHIGUAIHNBA

FLAY EM SIS

Jesus comes for your fave's wig, serving ponytail and dark colours. You better be prepared

BBCR1 is having a pretty good run actually, with La Roux, Lana, now Jessie Ware... they appreciate the modern queens of music

Vazduh

SaintZ, it's because the blogs that did that got the links removed literally the minute they were posted. Lana's team is merciless :D

Never Forever, that's great news, I'm looking forward to the single! I loved Devotion, so I can't wait to hear the new song.

Bladenic

Literally hard at ULTRAVIOLENCE being so close.

My current rankings:

Brooklyn Baby > West Coast (barely though) > ULTRAVIOLENCE > Shades of Cool

Is it true that Gaga was purposely wearing bad/ugly outfits this era?

She likes ugly. Though I do think she has both high and low brow fashion sensibilities and that can lead to a lot of mismatch and "tacky" outfits. I do think a lot of it's deliberate but it definitely isn't always. There's times when it looks obvious that she's trying to go for something elegant or editorial but it can come off as cheap. I'm a fan of both styles and I like that she can do both really well (like Rihanna), but unlike Rihanna she sometimes can't separate them.

Vazduh

Apparently, a Say Lou Lou album sampler (with four new songs) exists somewhere out there, but it hasn't leaked yet. New songs that we can look forward to (hopefully) are: Nothing But A Heartbeat, All That Glitter, Eclipse and Skylights.

There was also a different sampler on eBay with only one new song (Skylights), the rest were the singles we've heard before.

Apparently, a Say Lou Lou album sampler (with four new songs) exists somewhere out there, but it hasn't leaked yet. New songs that we can look forward to (hopefully) are: Nothing But A Heartbeat, All That Glitter, Eclipse and Skylights.

There was also a different sampler on eBay with only one new song (Skylights), the rest were the singles we've heard before.

Yeah, NBAH, Glitter and Skylights are on their setlist for the Plissken Festival. They've actually been performing Skylights since 2012, lol. Here's a performance of it at Concrete and another at XOYO. It sounds amazing, I've been praying for a studio version ever since I heard it the first time.

Oh yeah, Nothing But A Heartbeat too. And there's also Love is the Loneliest Place (Concrete, XOYO). God, they're so good. But they've collaborated with Richard X, Hannah Robinson et al so it's to be expected
I think they killed Annie and hid the body

Ugh, it's weird to think that we could've had the album shortly but now we're going to wait until November. I can only assume that the album is ready and it's all label shenanigans :/

(Wilder Than the Wind is another track name, btw)

SaintZ

SaintZ, it's because the blogs that did that got the links removed literally the minute they were posted. Lana's team is merciless :D
Actually people were spreading fake leaks of The Elusive Chanteuse and ARTPOP. A mess.

Oh and Money, Power, Glory leaked :weeps:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom