• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but WAIT

EF0At4q.png

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

Fey

Banned
it's still not 100% confirmed that that's madonna, and apparently some sources have said that it's not madonna >______>

this dehydration

add me to the list sis

it's still not 100% confirmed that that's madonna, and apparently some sources have said that it's not madonna >______>

Well, in that case, some indie hew is definitely getting my coins

It's very her though, there's a particular chord progression that tells me it's her. The robotic voice thing... the whole We-R-Superstars thing.... it's just too Madge, otherwise it would feel kinda egotistical. Idk. Shouldn't be too long now before we find out, in any case.

Also, you hoes better remember to actually BUY Ultraviolence, which is an actual experience of OMG and :aahhhh:
ixA6LHRGxKgqi.gif

I need to listen to it some more but I've only had positive vibes from my first listen. It's so atmospheric, and I love how she tells a story. Incredible.

Tokubetsu

add me to the list sis

Well, in that case, some indie hew is definitely getting my coins

It's very her though, there's a particular chord progression that tells me it's her. The robotic voice thing... the whole We-R-Superstars thing.... it's just too Madge, otherwise it would feel kinda egotistical. Idk. Shouldn't be too long now before we find out, in any case.

Also, you hoes better remember to actually BUY Ultraviolence, which is an actual experience of OMG and :aahhhh:
ixA6LHRGxKgqi.gif

I need to listen to it some more but I've only had positive vibes from my first listen. It's so atmospheric, and I love how she tells a story. Incredible.

CD & Vinyl. Just like the first time =)

UPDATE: Warner Bros. have issued a correction saying that while Kimbra worked with Flying Lotus and Dave Longstreth during the making of The Golden Echo, those songs will not appear on the album. They will eventually be released however. Also, "bonus tracks on the deluxe edition include appearances from Ben Weinman of the Dillinger Escape Plan, The Mars Volta's Omar Rodríguez-López, and Jonas Bjerre of Danish band Mew."

Ben Weinman on the album, it's going to be the greatest of all time POPGAF, THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRLOcit9MS0&t=2m30s

iBwJ6Acvklrnh.gif

Tokubetsu

I love this more than Born to Die. I liked West Coast and Brooklyn Baby before going into this, but these songs sound so much better within the context of the album. That's the main thing blowing me away right now. It's a way more solid full release, great flow. The songs all sound like they came from the same idea/timeframe.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Y'all impatient hussies not being able to wait for the officil ultraviolence rlease
Imyseelf shall wait till the itunes download comes and not sully myself

royalan

Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love
Nicole Scherzinger - Your Love

Two songs with legitimately infectious bridge-chorus sequences, but are ruined by their absolute shit everything else.

And now, to experience Lana, ha Ultraviolence...

rqNqctc.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's aight, 90% of these songs sound like filler tracks and I'm not here for it. I'd be disappointed if I hadn't already heard the songs leading up to this. It's so fucking boring.

She had a good creative run I guess.
ibrnGSat5MBbhP.gif

Go get music for your short attention span. Real Music Lovers are in it for her.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I only enjoyed 5 songs, the rest was a cringe worthy sleeping inducing Nintendo E3 press conference size mess

BTD > Paradise >>>>> Ultraviolence

She peaked so early and now I will enjoy the next upcoming months as Interscope
scrambles to put out remixes just to have the album move a couple of units while the rest of the world moves on

ibrnGSat5MBbhP.gif

Vazra

I only enjoyed 5 songs, the rest was a cringe worthy sleeping inducing Nintendo E3 press conference size mess

scrambles to put out remixes just to have the album move a couple of units while the rest of the world moves on

ibrnGSat5MBbhP.gif

That's more than Artpop good songs.
i9fUvCAZ9I1ZK.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

ibrnGSat5MBbhP.gif

Simply BYE. 3 of her songs went top 10 on iTunes already with no desperate promo, edm remixes, or Xtina collabs in sight.

Interscope will stay low-key promoting her while paying dust to the rest of ARTEPOP. They KNOW ha track record for steady sales.

But of course you would want to be entertained considering your flop fave is too busy dressing herself and her dog up like clowns.

ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

Vazra

As if Artpop had any good songs.

Simply BYE. 3 of her songs went top 10 on iTunes already with no desperate promo, edm remixes, or Xtina collabs in sight.

Interscope will stay low-key promoting her while paying dust to the rest of ARTEPOP. They KNOW ha track record for steady sales.

But of course you would want to be entertained considering your flop fave is too busy dressing herself and her dog up like clowns.

ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

i9fUvCAZ9I1ZK.gif

Nemesis_

I've listened to Cruel World and I think it's better than Brooklyn Baby and Shades of Cool.

But that's all I'm listening to until I get a physical copy.

i2VAcpRu8tLin.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

except this is not the case when West Coast has already gone through the remixing pool

Interscope will stay low-key promoting her because they will be too busy promoting Gaga's upcoming C2C era
emoji_u1f602.png

but nice try with the weak shade obviously inspired by the trite wailing you just finished listening to

gretfail.gif

HAIM's Edge is giving me so much life right now. Why must it only be a bonus track in the UK? Why? At least it's on Youtube, but still.

New iamamiwhoami song titles revealed:

LFzWZ1R.jpg
Legit excited about this. Hunting For Pearls was meh, but I still dig Fountain and Vista.

And I had to make a 2nd gif, this one is just for my POPGAF sistren.

bTztdwF.gif
If only I could work out and get someone that cute. My lord. *.*

Great job on the gif Sir Vazduh.

Cruel World & Fucked My Way To The Top are my faves rn.
The only two tracks on Ultraviolence that are good. The rest are disposable, tbh.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
As is standard with most first singles from ANY artist. Try again.

ibjXCyiCPvwx4S.gif

I don't even think the monsturds would go cheeks to cheeks for whatever that is, so good luck with that I guess.

d it got so many remixes yall where here complaining every single day, thats not standard

and we wont but Interscope sure will while it forgets about Ultraviolence

gretfail.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
d it got so many remixes yall where here complaining every single day, thats not standard

and we wont but Interscope sure will while it forgets about Ultraviolence

gretfail.gif

o, I forgot about that. Clearly you are the expert in desperate remixes and collaborations. 👸

Vazra

Are the Shannon episodes considered good? Because I came in during the Rose Era, and I just couldn't make it through a single Shannon episode.

Charmed is good until Penny from the Gang Bang Theory shows up and ruins the show.

Also Ashley Tisdale and Christina Millian before being relevant :ahh:

Nemesis_

I think I stopped paying attention to Charmed when they killed off
Cole / Balthazar
and the season opener was a Mermaid.

Listening to Ultraviolence now.

emoji_u1f634.png

EDIT: Well so far Pretty When You Cry is the only song I don't use but the album doesn't feel as finished or polished as Born To Die thus far.

Partition

Banned
I think I stopped paying attention to Charmed when they killed off
Cole / Balthazar
and the season opener was a Mermaid.

Listening to Ultraviolence now.

emoji_u1f634.png

EDIT: Well so far Pretty When You Cry is the only song I don't use but the album doesn't feel as finished or polished as Born To Die thus far.

The album is pretty bad and lazy on Lana's part. Shame cuz it boasts much better production than BTD imo.

I use Shades of Cool and Brooklyn Baby. The rest are

823.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom