• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
aklhucfd kuehgdk sg fzcsdfa
you shady ape

Katy B slayed last night, half hour set but I can barely speak today she was so good
England lost of course but I decided to go on fair ground rides rather than suffer that for two hours. The atmosphere in the club they showed in was fucking unreal though
hope you all had a lovely night xoxo

Just looking out for you sis xoxo
I too had a wild night whilst listening to Katy B but you had a club and rides and shit whilst I was at home keeping my dad company :( I think he appreciated my lipsync to Wicked Love tho

Mau ®;116658668 said:
J.Lo's album will sell around 30k according to predictions 👀

Taylor-swift-laughing-gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

I hope the Curse of the Icon Award doesn't affect Rihanna. Didn't both JLo and Mimi get them?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just looking out for you sis xoxo
I too had a wild night whilst listening to Katy B but you had a club and rides and shit whilst I was at home keeping my dad company :( I think he appreciated my lipsync to Wicked Love tho

Taylor-swift-laughing-gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

I hope the Curse of the Icon Award doesn't affect Rihanna. Didn't both JLo and Mimi get them?

Beck... curse will definitely take ha. She already attacked J.Lo and many others so it wouldnt surprise me.

Vazra

Olly Reeves ‏@OllyReeves
Sorry but whoever directed the #PillsNPotions video needs to re-evaluate their effort

Olly Reeves ‏@OllyReeves
Turns out Diane Martel directed the video. After creating the We Can't Stop and Blurred Lines videos, how did she manage to slip up??

@DIANEMARTELOFF
@OllyReeves it's not my edit - it sucks
Souce
LOL not even the director likes the video LOL

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Come midnight I shall be enjoying the sultry tones of Lana Del Rey like the rest of you
It's going to be glorious and life altering I am sure

Ultraviolence is just a total letdown. When West Coast was released I assumed it would be the "cool down tempo" song on the album. But compared to the rest of the tracks, it ended up being the albums EDM workout track. Everything's such a booooooooooore.

I still like how all the songs have a certain Lana trademarked elegance and class to them, and the album invokes a certain style, time period and mood. And there aren't really any stinkers on it either. So there's that. But it's no BTD/Paradise, not even close. Yikes.

It's not like I wanted her to keep making BTD over again either. Meet me in the pale moon light arguably invokes the same elegant 1960s era like the Ultraviolence tracks, but has the energy and tempo all the tracks on Ultraviolence lack. If she had just mixed it up a little more, I wouldn't have been so disappointed.

And had Meet me in the pale moon light been on Ultraviolence, it would've immediately been the best track of the album. Oop

NinjaBoiX

Charli XCX is hawt as fuck. She supported Paramore when I went to see them last year, her and Hayley necked on and groped each other on stage. I was in my element.

siCHn6e.jpg

*elements of this post are possibly fabricated*

Peru

So someone else took over the editing room. Interesting. I always wondered what happened with the video she directed for BoA, Eat You Up, which is one of the worst music videos I've ever seen (the Korean version is much different and actually good).
[/URL].

That was such a fuck-up.. I don't know why on earth they felt they needed another version than the high budget, slick, cool Asian version. Ugh just thinking about how they ran that US campaign makes me slightly depressed.

Vazra

I have never touched another man's penis.

(Is being gay a prerequisite for male posters in this thread? Aww sheeiiit, I dun broke da roools.)

Not really but most of the guys here are gay and the others kinda are questionable.

Welcome to PopGaf still :p

Get into Natalia Kills, Foxes and Lana Del Rey

Vitanimus

(Is being gay a prerequisite for male posters in this thread? Aww sheeiiit, I dun broke da roools.)

yes get out you FILTHY hetero
/s

I wonder if there are people out there that think that sexuality influences music preference?

NinjaBoiX

Not really but most of the guys here are gay and the others kinda are questionable.

Welcome to PopGaf still :p

Get into Natalia Kills, Foxes and Lana Del Rey
Haha, yeah, I figured. I'm pretty chummy with You Know Nothing through FakeGAF, he's a dude that guy.

Pop wise, digging Lana Del Ray, Chvrches, Disclosure, Lorde, AlunaGeorge and Gorgon City at the minute. Intrigued by Natalia Kills. (I love The Kills but I'm guessing it's not quite the same thing!) Foxes is rather attractive but not all that fussed on her tunes, she's OK.

And thanks for the welcome!

(I will never call anyone "sis" though, just to get that out of the way right now!)

Mau ®

Haha, yeah, I figured. I'm pretty chummy with You Know Nothing through FakeGAF, he's a dude that guy.

Pop wise, digging Lana Del Ray, Chvrches, Disclosure, Lorde, AlunaGeorge and Gorgon City at the minute. Intrigued by Natalia Kills. (I love The Kills but I'm guessing it's not quite the same thing!) Foxes is rather attractive but not all that fussed on her tunes, she's OK.

(I will never call anyone "sis" though, just to get that out of the way right now!)

Welcome!

Nice selection of pop faves. We have talked about Paramore on occasion here. We did stan "Still into you" and "Aint it fun". I particularly love the ballads on Brand New Eyes.

I don't like saying sis either but it's kinda stuck on me lol

Vazra

Mau ®;116716109 said:
You're not missing much tbh.

If I were to describe what he is missing I would be getting banned. Let me just say that watching the face of the man you are servicing being pleased is a great reward.

Vitanimus

Paramore deserve more recogontion. Their development across records is so nice and noticeable :( their debut is also vastly underrated as well.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why is itunes being a piece of shit telling me ive purchased ultraviolence but not letting me download it

NinjaBoiX

Mau ®;116717174 said:
Welcome!

Nice selection of pop faves. We have talked about Paramore on occasion here. We did stan "Still into you" and "Aint it fun". I particularly love the ballads on Brand New Eyes.

I don't like saying sis either but it's kinda stuck on me lol

Paramore deserve more recogontion. Their development across records is so nice and noticeable :( their debut is also vastly underrated as well.
You guys seem cool. :) Still Into You and Ain't It Fun are indeed bubblegum pop perfection, as much as I like their "punkier" stuff.

And yeah Vitanimus, All We Know Is Falling is a top record, often gets overlooked.

This cover they did last year is lush too:

Paramore - Matilda (Alt-J cover)

Her voice is just exquisite here, especially as the only other sound is Taylor's guitar. The bit of French at the end stirs my beans, fuuuuccc.....

But bye touching your own penis is OK? What kind of hypocritical masturbatory mess?

I dig the bolded. Maybe you'd like Lykke Li? Idk. Haim, Florence and the Machine? Something rocky. (I bet you'd totally dig Kylie, Queen of Rock that she is)

(I call people 'dude' in real life but it's fun to just be a 'sis' here lol)

Let me just say that watching the face of the man you are servicing being pleased is a great reward.
Disgusted.gif

Why is itunes being a piece of shit telling me ive purchased ultraviolence but not letting me download it

It did that for me with Artpop. In hindsight, I wish that it'd just stayed broken. It should fix itself in a while, just check the upper-right for that download icon thing.

This is why I didn't preorder Ultraviolence and I just bought it a few seconds ago instead.

royalan

I don't hate Lana, she still slays.

But Ultraviolence is just so...dull. I've given myself a few days to see if my opinion would change, but I just can't listen to it all the way through because all of the songs are so dreary and one note. I agree with most people who said the album starts out great but just sort of falls off a cliff after Sad Girl. It evokes the feeling of being slowly dragged through a pool of warm mud.

I miss the more upbeat Lana. I think that's the component I'm missing here. BTD had it's dreary moments too...but it also had Diet Mountain Dew and National Anthem to balance things out and make the album more enjoyable and vibrant to listen to overall. With Ultraviolence, Lana's sort of settled into her dreary, feeeeet doooon't faaaiiillll meeeeee nooooow style of delivery, and to be fair it works sometimes...but it's not enough to carry an album's worth of songs. I definitely miss the more versatile Lana.

I haven't been able to listen to the album all the way through since the first time I gave it a listen. Just an exhausting album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom