• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you the first time
I love you the last time
Yo soy la princesa
Comprende these white lines
'Cause I'm your jazz singer
And you're my cult leader
I love you forever
I love you forever

God is real. An alber highlight tbh.

Yado

I love you the first time
I love you the last time
Yo soy la princesa
Comprende these white lines
'Cause I'm your jazz singer
And you're my cult leader
I love you forever
I love you forever

God is real. An alber highlight tbh.

What's Taylor Swift going through?

ilDIHrkiChkT0.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gaga copies Natalia Kills
tumblr_n74o6sOUfB1rr4e1so1_500.jpg

Natalia Kills and her irrelevant Kerli like impact.

EDIT: Even the eyebrows
BqCPYYQIMAAA77c.jpg

SHOCKING
o956av62.jpg

royalan

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

This STILL slays.

It was like revenge for the American Revolution the British puncheD us so hard with this.

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

This STILL slays.

It was like revenge for the American Revolution the British puncheD us so hard with this.
if you wanna be my lovah, you gotta get w/ my frends

weep.gif

10377527_257668827772489_6497566951190714882_n.jpg

Sex icon Leona Lewis attends the premiere of "Walking on Sunshine," her BAFTA-nominated thespian debut, draped in what appears to be the wardrobe of professional desiccated corpse Susan Boyle.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Becky G "Shower" jumped from 61 - 41 on kworb... I'm scared girls this seems like it will be a moderate hit for ha and tons of cursed people.

NinjaBoiX

10377527_257668827772489_6497566951190714882_n.jpg

Sex icon Leona Lewis attends the premiere of "Walking on Sunshine," her BAFTA-nominated thespian debut, draped in what appears to be the wardrobe of professional desiccated corpse Susan Boyle.
She is so damn beautiful. And her voice (both singing and talking) is glorious.

I thought she'd be bigger, the only winner of X-Factor that genuinely seemed like a bona fide star to me.

Is she big in the states? She just kind of faded away over her in the UK.

Gaga's fashions have been so on point lately. The Afro with leopard print, and now the Audrey Hepburn updo. I live.

FYI, that's the look Natalia Kills is channeling as well with that similar style.

Tokubetsu

The chorus to "Sad Girl" just...everytime. T-T
iDcixmKoQkk1O.gif

ibhrLb7q71kh5Y.gif

This is her best song since "Video Games." As in that it's fucking perfect. Absolutely flawless.

Vitanimus

I think the only Platinum game I've played is Bayonetta 😣

Not really pop but I keep relistening to crystal castles and feeling 14

I think the only Platinum game I've played is Bayonetta 😣

Not really pop but I keep relistening to crystal castles and feeling 14

You better study up on the works of one of the finest game developers ouT

and I've been relistening to Daft Punk's Alive 2007, what an experience

Bye @ the thirst, I come here to idolise strong women, not be reminded of how I want a boyfriend again
:(

I'm even whiter ;_;

I'm with you sis, I permanently seem to look like I've just left the crypt
I don't even tan in the sun, I just look a little less pale but still like an ice sculpture

J-Hew's album is shit, I don't think she ever took off in the UK and I can't name any of her songs so I'm not surprised

Get into the album of the year, gurls:

Queen Kelis and her masterpiece of soul. Jerk Ribs slays every time. I love how she varies her styles, Flesh Tone and Tasty were both completely different to this yet still a-ma-zing. I wish I could've seen the All Hearts Tour with both Kelis and Robyn :(

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Katy B tonight!
Mad hyped for her, if England miraculously win the footie then she comes on after it will be so so good

Vazduh

I just finished listening to J.Lo's D.O.A.

JLo_-_AKA.png

It's not like she didn't have enough time to record something decent, so I don't know what the hell happened here, because there's not a single song that sounds like a total smash. Having three ballads on this record was a huge misstep, since none of those even remotely work. Emotions and Let it Be Me are supposed to be a showcase for her vocals (and she really did give 200 % here), but unfortunately they're just plain bad.

The highlights of the album are the following songs:

-Acting Like That (feat. Iggy Azalea), a midtempo song with a trap beat, which for some reason reminded me of Nicki Minaj's Looking Ass. Although the song is nothing special, it at least works, which cannot be said for most of the album.
-First Love, which, like I said in one of my earlier posts, sounds a like a pre-alpha version of Christina Aguilera's Your Body. That can be either a good or a bad thing, depending on how much you like/hate Xtina's slut anthem. In hindsight, I don't know what I was thinking when I said it could smash, since in reality, the song was a good rewrite or two away from something memorable.
-Booty feat. Pitbull, the song which proves that Diplo can make anyone sound good. His production slays, as usual.

The what-the-fuck-happened songs:

-Emotions. Chris Brown and Chantal Kreviazuk obviously should never write together again, and whoever is responsible for the lyrics should direct themselves to the nearest volcano. Nuff said.
-Expertease (Ready Set Go), which should have been titled Expertease feat. Sia, because she literally sings the entire damn chorus over J. Lo's vocals, just like Christina Milian did on Play. It's also one of the crappier songs Sia has written, which proves that she's kind of losing her touch.
Praying she didn't write anything for R8.

If I had to grade the album, I'd give it 4/10, meaning something that's barely passable and listenable. I don't think that even Jennifer's hardcore fans will be happy with this release, to be honest.

Verdict: skip it.

Bye @ the thirst, I come here to idolise strong women, not be reminded of how I want a boyfriend again
:(

I'm with you sis, I permanently seem to look like I've just left the crypt
I don't even tan in the sun, I just look a little less pale but still like an ice sculpture

J-Hew's album is shit, I don't think she ever took off in the UK and I can't name any of her songs so I'm not surprised

Get into the album of the year, gurls:

Queen Kelis and her masterpiece of soul. Jerk Ribs slays every time. I love how she varies her styles, Flesh Tone and Tasty were both completely different to this yet still a-ma-zing. I wish I could've seen the All Hearts Tour with both Kelis and Robyn :(

I'd also like
a boyfriend again ;_;
. Hopefully someday. Yay, I'm not the only PopGaf Dracula! ^^

Yes for Kelis, she's incredible <3 I love that the woman is like a chameleon, she changes her sound with nearly every album, and always tries (and mostly succeeds) to keep it fresh. Btw, I'm amazed at how songs from her first two albums aged well, it simply shows how much The Neptunes' production was ahead of its time.

Let us reminisce with one of her best Neptunes collabs:

Kelis - Flashback

Nemesis_

I'm playing that game too but I am getting destroyed.

The game makes a pretty dumb decision of making the two most useful moves unlockable (and ones I argue should be included from the outset just as a principle of good game design).

I can't remember the names but it's the guard and evade moves. Buy and master them and you should become a little bit better.

The game makes a pretty dumb decision of making the two most useful moves unlockable (and ones I argue should be included from the outset just as a principle of good game design).

I can't remember the names but it's the guard and evade moves. Buy and master them and you should become a little bit better.

I have them and I still suck with the timing. I'm sure I'll get better when I play more and replay levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom