• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Applause Concept Demo"

MaLHm8Z.png
MaLHm8Z.png
MaLHm8Z.png

yikes

NinjaBoiX

I wake up and the first thing I see are the new members (welcome, btw!)
Danke. :p
Emergency, Pressure, and Woah are all highlights for me from their debut. It's a really good pop punk album.
Choice choices! I'll add the opener too:

Paramore - All We Know
I'm going to stick this record on in the van today now, super loud innit!
I'm not really big on pop punk, but Haley Williams voice is what really draws me into Paramore. The ending to Aint it Fun is sooo good. If there's a good voice involved, I can find myself listening to almost any genre of music.
So much this. I'm not really into any other pop punk bands, it's just that innate appeal of the little lady's siren song. It draws me in, I can't resist...

And she's totes dreamy and just an all round legend. Such a cool, fun, talented girl.

Must, not, gush...
Only YNK? I see how it is.
Aww mate! I knew I forgot someone.

Beef is good peeps too.

Marry the Night has the most fucking incredible bridge ever. I didn't lie.

Nothing's too cool,
To take me from you,
New York is not just,
A tan that you'll never loose.

Love is the new,
Denim or black,
Skeleton guns,
Are wedding bells in the attic?

Get Ginger ready,
Climb to El Camino front.
Won't poke holes in the seat with my heels,
'Cause that's where we make love.

Come on and run,
Turn the car on and run.

I'll miss you, Gaga

28alt1wdwu7p.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
YESSS @ 2 of the newcomers being Gaga and Madonna fans <3 Two of my three fave celebs (the other being the flawless Chris Evans) <3

I don't post in here much, I'm certainly no "Popgaffer" and I know Popgaf has a really bad rep on this site, but tbh even before I was a member Popgaf (or it's temporary era as "Gafpop") has always been one of my fave threads to lurk in/read. The sarcasm, wit and banter is unmatched <3

*raises hand*

I discovered Namie Amuro's perfection when I got into Inuyasha my freshman year of college and heard her flawless "Come" in the end credits. Still a flawless Trip-Hop track.

I officially became a fan with her album Play.

Became a STAN with her FLAWLESS 60s 70s 80s EP.

She's the Queen. It's as simple as that. Only Koda Kumi comes close. And Utada...I guess.

Queen Utada.
971600d3.gif

Heart_Station.jpg

Heart Station
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

51I4SfjrypL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Deep River
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

ULTRA_BLUE.jpg

Ultra Blue
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

51UIo7GMyGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Distance
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

tumblr_llyb95fX3Q1qaw9vn.jpg

First Love
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

971600d3.gif

She has a flawless discography.

Let's not forget her English albums:

51sgjBsnFBL._SY300_.jpg

Exodus

this+is+the+one.jpg

This Is The One (underrated tbh)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
YESSS @ 2 of the newcomers being Gaga and Madonna fans <3 Two of my three fave celebs (the other being the flawless Chris Evans) <3

I don't post in here much, I'm certainly no "Popgaffer" and I know Popgaf has a really bad rep on this site, but tbh even before I was a member Popgaf (or it's temporary era as "Gafpop") has always been one of my fave threads to lurk in/read. The sarcasm, wit and banter is unmatched <3

ROFL
I had to google because I couldn't work out who he was

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I need nothing in my life ever again
Cruel World is my sustenance now

Vitanimus

Ultraviolence is a let down really... The first 5 tracks feel like a real step up from BTD but then it just stagnates for the rest of the album.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
okay i like the first two tracks but shades of cool is still fucking awful

[edit] brooklyn baby's okay, bits of the melody are giving me summertime sadness tho

[edit] west coast is still the standout for me. a shame that the other songs don't seem to have a similar style.
[edit] dddd not me listening to west coast four times in a row. i'd put this in my top 10 songs of the year tbh, maybe top 5.
[edit] move baby move baby i'm in love. i love the way the chorus drops out back to the verse now. it just sounds so right.

Vazduh

Newsflash! Brooke Hogan is planning a musical comeback.
Who asked for this? Jesus.

tumblr_mc2jut71cU1rwl7hzo1_250.gif

She posted a snippet of a new song called Beautiful. Ugh. Let's reminisce with her cheap Womanizer ripoff.

Brooke Hogan - Ruff Me Up (feat. Flo Rida)

In more important music news, Say Lou Lou have finished recording their debut album. Apparently, it's more "rhythmic", so there. The way things are going with them and their label, I assume it should be released in 2020
5Me7MpK.gif
Prove me wrong, you girls.

Source

Yes, everyone must let Cruel World in.

When will your fave have a collection of B-sides as good as Kylie Minogue OBE? Never. She's too brilliant and surprisingly old (damn her Australian midget genes), whilst your faves are ultimately flashes in the pan of success.
Tightrope, Cherry Bomb, Good Like That, Made of Glass, King or Queen (she has the gays in mind so much it's unreal),... need I go on?
kylie_minogue-13383.gif

Looks like Aphrodylie will forever be the queen of quality non-album bops that you can easily obtain on iTunes and/or Spotify rather than searching charity shops forever (god damn you Kate and Grace)

(The only thing you can't buy on iTunes is the Yasutaka Nakata Remix of Get Outta My Way :( which is one of the greatest bops I've ever heard)

In more important music news, Say Lou Lou have finished recording their debut album. Apparently, it's more "rhythmic", so there. The way things are going with them and their label, I assume it should be released in 2020
5Me7MpK.gif
Prove me wrong, you girls.

Source

Praise Jesus.

hallelujah.gif

Thor >>>. Like literally is there anyone hotter

So I recently purchased Super Mario 3D World because I can play Mario games compulsively for years on end. Sort of feeling iffy about the game so far. That's a very new sensation, I'm usually obsessed. The level design is good, but I've been sailing through it especially quick. Multiplayer is fun though.

But should I have bought WW instead? #thestruggle

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

So I recently purchased Super Mario 3D World because I can play Mario games compulsively for years on end. Sort of feeling iffy about the game so far. That's a very new sensation, I'm usually obsessed. The level design is good, but I've been sailing through it especially quick. Multiplayer is fun though.

WW>>>>3Dworld

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Lana's vocal delivery is almost too affected on Cruel World. It's good tho.

Also this review of ULTRAVIOLENCE, Lana her insight.

A few years ago, I came across Lana dining out with her family in midtown Manhattan to celebrate her sister Caroline’s graduation from Parsons. We briefly discussed the life of an artist and the thrills and perils of the music business. In the midst of fans approaching for photos and signatures, she told me something that seemed both simplistic and intelligently resonate: “Surround yourself with others who can make your artistic vision come to life.”
Gaga please read this review before it's too late

You should have bought The Wonderful 101 instead.

Matt_

Ultraviolence is going really well with me, the only tracks I'm not too hot on right now are The Other Woman, Is this happiness and Guns and Roses. The latter of which shall be deleted imminently I expect.

edt; Y'all that are hyping boss best hope the song brings it more than what they've shown so far. That basic ass production and lackluster lyrics.
As per Little Mix did it better with salute

Vitanimus

Semi-serious sort of topic that I'm not sure I'll articulate well, but me and a friend were discussing things like music elitism and I guess what it means to each individual so I figured I'd bring it up here and see if anyone else experiences the same sorta feeling.

We were talking about our faves and stuff, and I brought up how I can remember almost perfectly the first time I listened to Bjork and Grimes which I guess are what base my music taste off, as far as to say they help define me as an individual, and how I basically experienced an "oh my god" moment when I first listened to their discographies and how amazed I was at what I was listening. I summarized that any new music I listened to was in pursuit of these "oh my god" moments, and he interjected that actively and consciously trying to recreate those moments renders it very unlikely that I actually will have those moments organically, and I totally never thought of it that way. It's really blown my mind to be honest.

Anyway, this is super sentimental but it would be nice to hear what other people thought about it, though it's not to suggest that people need a "reason" to listen and enjoy music. I just feel this conversation I had with my friend has really helped me understand why I enjoy music so much and it's a good feeling.

711.png

SaintZ

Ultraviolence is going really well with me, the only tracks I'm not too hot on right now are The Other Woman, Is this happiness and Guns and Roses. The latter of which shall be deleted imminently I expect.
Bless, those are the ones I'm not feeling either. The Other Woman has grown on me a little bit tho but I always skip Guns and Roses.

i'm listening to Florida Kilos rn and it finally hit me: it reminds me a lot of ha unreleased song Jimmy Gnecco.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Semi-serious sort of topic that I'm not sure I'll articulate well, but me and a friend were discussing things like music elitism and I guess what it means to each individual so I figured I'd bring it up here and see if anyone else experiences the same sorta feeling.

We were talking about our faves and stuff, and I brought up how I can remember almost perfectly the first time I listened to Bjork and Grimes which I guess are what base my music taste off, as far as to say they help define me as an individual, and how I basically experienced an "oh my god" moment when I first listened to their discographies and how amazed I was at what I was listening. I summarized that any new music I listened to was in pursuit of these "oh my god" moments, and he interjected that actively and consciously trying to recreate those moments renders it very unlikely that I actually will have those moments organically, and I totally never thought of it that way. It's really blown my mind to be honest.

Anyway, this is super sentimental but it would be nice to hear what other people thought about it, though it's not to suggest that people need a "reason" to listen and enjoy music. I just feel this conversation I had with my friend has really helped me understand why I enjoy music so much and it's a good feeling.

711.png

Yes of course, I get totally intoxicated with some music. The first time I properly listened to Radiohead I experienced something like this, and listening to them now makes me nostalgic for that feeling.

In fact thinking about this post made me listen to Go To Sleep again, and now I have goosebumps.

I had a really wanky response but it boiled down to how what I crave is escapism and a dizziness that comes from being completely enthralled. I'm not sure whether I'm even outside of myself and saying 'Oh my god' because for me I find myself completely caught up in it and feeling it. This is why I love KB, GJ, Bjork etc. so much, because they so effectively manage to construct these worlds and it all feels so real and I'm there with them. I don't want to feel like I'm me any more, I want to feel like I'm someone else somewhere else. (That was such a sad sentence to write, lol) I think this is why I probably am liking Ultraviolence more than most people because I think Lana is a really good storyteller and she completely sells it.

Then there's the more straightforward emotional side of it, where you don't need to be sold a story but rather a feeling, and something that swallows you in that way. Music is great for altering mood.

Also, this reminds me of how I find it uncool when people mock LMs or whoever who Tweet things like 'Gaga your music changed my life etc etc' because I completely understand the sentiment. There are some songs that make you feel iron-plated and invincible, and after a while you can take the song away and still feel iron-plated and invincible. All part of the 'fake it till you make it' part of self-confidence, and when you discover that other people describe you as confident it's a lovely feeling
even if you are still the same old mess inside haha

I'm not sure any of that made sense but I totally agree with you and yet at the same time maybe I don't a bit? I think I get the 'Oh my god' after the album finishes and it's just me there in silence, coming back from the parallel universe.

Trigger

Ultraviolence isn't really slaying me. Maybe I just need more time with it. West Coast and Brooklyn Baby are the only songs that are going to get much play from me, I think.

Girl that game is so confusing, I've played the demo like 5 times and I'm still lost

The demo is really not a great showcase of the game. I think the confusion comes from the thought of controlling 100 tiny dudes as 1 unit. Think of like an incredibly intricate and high-paced pure action game like Bayonetta or DMC. It's my favourite game ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom