• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the QUEEN continues to make people fume. this is the woman responsible for ending lady gaga's career. what a fucking icon.

LcggcXL.jpg

You never came to save me, you let me stand alone
Out in the wilderness, alone in the cold
I found no magic potion, no horse with wings to fly
I found the poison apple, my destiny to die
No royal kiss could save me, no magic spell to spin
My fantasy is over, my life must now begin

My story end, as stories do
Reality steps into view
No longer living life in paradise - no fairy tales

i9gzz0QZG7sGw.gif

royalan

You never came to save me, you let me stand alone
Out in the wilderness, alone in the cold
I found no magic potion, no horse with wings to fly
I found the poison apple, my destiny to die
No royal kiss could save me, no magic spell to spin
My fantasy is over, my life must now begin

My story end, as stories do
Reality steps into view
No longer living life in paradise - no fairy tales

i9gzz0QZG7sGw.gif

BITCH YOU BETTER STAN QUEEN ANITA!!!!!

cory64

i am in love
with what we are
not what we should be

and i am
i am starstruck
with every part
of this whole story

so if it's just tonight
the animal inside
let it live then die

like it's the end of time
like everything inside
let it live then die

this is our last chance
give me your hands
cos our world is spinning at the speed of light

the night is fading, heart is racing
now just come and love me like we're gonna die

Slay me Kesha Rose
iXQEHSxbtqeFO.gif

i am in love
with what we are
not what we should be

and i am
i am starstruck
with every part
of this whole story

so if it's just tonight
the animal inside
let it live then die

like it's the end of time
like everything inside
let it live then die

this is our last chance
give me your hands
cos our world is spinning at the speed of light

the night is fading, heart is racing
now just come and love me like we're gonna die

Slay me Kesha Rose

Stan her magnum opus.

iXQEHSxbtqeFO.gif

royalan

It was only a few weeks ago that Washington Wizards star John Wall posted an Instagram video with his 5-year-old fan Miyah, and already Nicki Minaj has granted her wish.

In the video, posted on March 7, Miyah, who was diagnosed with Stage 3B Burkitts Lymphoma, stated that her special wish was to meet Nicki Minaj and wear one of her pink wigs. John Wall also added:

What’s up Nicki! My buddy Miyah has cancer. Come on Nicki, help us out. Help Miyah get one of those pink wigs!

Within an hour, Nicki responded: “Hi Miyah!!!! Let’s see what we can come up with for a pretty little princess. ;).“

This weekend, the adorable little girl’s wish finally came true!

On Sunday, John Wall posted a photo of Miyah on a train with her mother with the hashtags, “#OperationMeetNickiunderway #PinkWig4Miyah,” and hours later Nicki Minaj shared images of Miyah with the pink wig on.

She also told Miyah:

I’m so happy that you got your pink wig. I think you are beautiful without the pink wig okay? But whenever you want to play dress up and feel like a little barbie doll that’s fine. Remember, you promised me that you are going to stay in school!

Aww!

VA1PrCU.png

0i25jB5.jpg

iXQEHSxbtqeFO.gif

Vazduh

Idk if I'm late to this but Banks covered Aaliyah's 'Are You That Somebody', and it's pretty good:

Are You That Somebody

Kyla La Grange (known for Fly / Cut Your Teeth / Cut Your Teeth (Kygo Remix)) has a new song out:

All of you are the best <3 Glad to see Shola Ama's still alive.

Btw, Shitbull has released his Playboy-themed video for Wild Wild Love (feat. GRL).

Vazduh

Umm that Rita Ora song is really boring. Calvin has really lost his touch hasn't he

He has, indeed. One would think that he'd save the best for his girlfriend, but he just gave her some Jessie J scraps.

Btw, Nemesis_,
I've requested to join the last.fm group

Just finished watching the Shitbull video. Ugh, he's so gross and smug.

7uWTfhI.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
1. Gaga is meant to convey a sexy, spooky energy. Result: Gaga would not release any major-key singles. Minor keys only. None of these seven singles is in a major key.

2. Gaga’s presence on the charts is monolithic, immovable. Result: Gaga would begin every verse (and most choruses) on the establishing i chord, that is, the root chord of the minor-key the song is in, suggesting permanence, an inevitability.

3. Gaga’s gaze upon the pop landscape is unflinching, unblinking. Result: Gaga would never do a single that modulated to another key. (Exception: “Paparazzi”)

4. Gaga is human, obeys her base impulses, with no uplifting effervescence or fluttery naiveté. So, despite the best advice of certain music writers, Gaga would never allow any of her dance-floor fillers to feature syncopated rhythms. Only repetitious juggernaut eighth-note patterns, please. (Exception: “LoveGame.”)

5. Gaga isn’t above high-fiving a stereotype once in a while. So, many of these singles feature spoken-word breakdowns with overtones of wide-eyed infantilism (“disco stick,” “bluffin’ with my muffin”) or French-maid fetishism (“Alejandro’s” intro, “j’veux ton amour et je veux ton revanche” [sic]).

6. Gaga has her sights set on the world stage, not just English-speaking countries. Result: All of these singles repeat the song title enough times so as to penetrate the language barrier. On her first five singles, she sings the song’s title 18, 30, 34, nine, and 36 times, respectively—I gave up counting by the time I got to “Alejandro.”

compared with swine's 'yeah just loop that same bit another 42 times'

and people don't like it when i suggest that gaga's songwriting has gone downhill

Mumei

compared with swine's 'yeah just loop that same bit another 42 times'

and people don't like it when i suggest that gaga's songwriting has gone downhill

You didn't even quote the best part tho:

“Born This Way” (U.S. No. 1) is Gaga’s biggest smash, her first in a major key. Now, I personally believe that originality in songwriting can extend outside the boundaries of melodic and harmonic creativity, but as far as Western music theory is concerned, that song was written by Madonna.

cory64

Born This Way is definitely her most interesting single sonically, but that's all because of the Madonna/TLC influence.

QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png

FIRO's new song is pure sex. FIRO is taking over this bitch. I can't at her effortless slayage. I always knew she would come back harder than ever. Poor Gaga, another artist to destroy her career.

QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png
QwkumcQ.png

I know &#8216;Let It Go&#8217; in 25 different languages isn&#8217;t new, but someone just uploaded it so you can now see each singer singing. It&#8217;s epic.

Frozen, officially the most successful animated movie of all time! Bow down. When will your faves ever?
The answer is clearly never.

JGfaneH.gif
JGfaneH.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Not my mother flicking through the papers trying to find the April Fools joke only to say "I would think thats the joke but it's just Lady Gaga"
That shady hoe

That thread is a graveyard lmao
girl what is going on with Partition right now?

What a shame. It's an eternal bop and a Bey classic, but radio is all about anthemic choruses nowadays, so its flop status is not a big surprise.

Other than Drunk in Love, the only song on the album with a chorus that you can't help but sing (or scream) aloud to is Pretty Hurts (at least the first five syllables)...and Grown Woman (which isn't even included as a song, only a video).

this era, help

don't stop experimenting though, B

Majmun

girl what is going on with Partition right now?

What a shame. It's an eternal bop and a Bey classic, but radio is all about anthemic choruses nowadays, so its flop status is not a big surprise.

Other than Drunk in Love, the only song on the album with a chorus that you can't help but sing (or scream) aloud to is Pretty Hurts (at least the first five syllables)...and Grown Woman (which isn't even included as a song, only a video).

this era, help

don't stop experimenting though, B

The song is doing pretty good on urban radio. In the US at least. It won't smash as hard as DRIL did tho

Blow will become the POP single and will be released in Europe. But I don't really see it smashing either.

But yeah, I'd rather have Bey keep on releasing quality albums with moderate hits instead of a shit album filled with forgettable smashes.

But BEYONCÉ can already be considered a success. The album is still selling well, received universal acclaim and the iconic stealth release won't be fogotten by the industry.

The song is doing pretty good on urban radio. In the US at least. It won't smash as hard as DRIL did tho

Blow will become the POP single and will be released in Europe. But I don't really see it smashing either.

But yeah, I'd rather have Bey keep on releasing quality albums with moderate hits instead of a shit album filled with forgettable smashes.

But BEYONCÉ can already be considered a success. The album is still selling well, received universal acclaim and the iconic stealth release won't be fogotten by the industry.

I feel like BEYONCÉ is a certified classic.

In every era, there is always a pop girl who shines in every music trend that happens. When it comes to this era, this will be that album that showed the eras peak and it's end. To me BEYONCÉ is by far the best most polished album out of this trap R&B era to make a full impact of the genre itself. It showed its diversity to create a different sound than the run of the mill tracks the other divas didn't get the time or pleasure of doing. It showed a sophistication, despite being dirty, that worked for the theme. It talked about strength, insecurities, power, happiness, pleasure, depression, vulnerability, unity, freedom. Beauty, pain,.. I could keep going.

It was well thought out, planned and executed. Even with big releases in the same year with such as JT, Daft Punk etc, of all, I think hers will be the most remembered. Hate it or love it, in the next 3 years when this era is done, people will appreciate BEYONCÉ for what it really was. A masterpiece in disguise.

Edit : I'm actually sad it was so perfect. I don't feel I will ever get this again.

I feel like BEYONCÉ is a certified classic.

In every era, there is always a pop girl who shines in every music trend that happens. When it comes to this era, this will be that album that showed the eras peak and it's end. To me BEYONCÉ is by far the best most polished album out of this trap R&B era to make a full impact of the genre itself. It showed its diversity to create a different sound than the run of the mill tracks the other divas didn't get the time or pleasure of doing. It showed a sophistication, despite being dirty, that worked for the theme. It talked about strength, insecurities, power, happiness, pleasure, depression, vulnerability, unity, freedom. Beauty, pain,.. I could keep going.

It was well thought out, planned and executed. Even with big releases in the same year with such as JT, Daft Punk etc, of all, I think hers will be the most remembered. Hate it or love it, in the next 3 years when this era is done, people will appreciate BEYONCÉ for what it really was. A masterpiece in disguise.

Edit : I'm actually sad it was so perfect. I don't feel I will ever get this again.
indeed siS

It's why I'm so sad it's all over. I didn't want it to end ;__;

deluxe edition this summer with some of the 80+ recorded tracks that didn't make it plz

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Blow is awful so I hope it doesn't smash
Would be here for Pretty Hurts, Haunted or Jealous as singles though

Blow is awful so I hope it doesn't smash
Would be here for Pretty Hurts, Haunted or Jealous as singles though
She was going to release Blow as the first pop single but switched because the lyrics were too raunchy, so America's loss I guess.

~ i love your face ~

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7416-1386918711-5.gif

~ you love the taste ~

~ that sugar babe ~

~ it melts away ~

royalan

So glad this era is over.

Now everyone I know irl can stop fake stanning Beyonce.

It's like "Bitch, until last month the last Beyonce song you listened to was damn Single Ladies...but now you a hardcore stan? STFU and go fix the fax machine."

Matt_

LawdT Babaji. Fall into the Sky just came on shuffle and sucker punched me so hard I was convinced it had to be a remix. What a holy pairing, Zedd and Ellie. I hope they work together again soon

Mumei

So glad this era is over.

Now everyone I know irl can stop fake stanning Beyonce.

It's like "Bitch, until last month the last Beyonce song you listened to was damn Single Ladies...but now you a hardcore stan? STFU and go fix the fax machine."

When I didn't see you interjecting in this Beyoncé stanfest, I suddenly worried that you were banned. I'm glad you're okay. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom