• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
5sos_1000.jpg

I know we're not exactly the hub for boy bands, but I have never seen nor heard of these guys
And apparently I should have as they're number 1 in the Uk right now. Da fuck

edit; Their number 1 single (which is their debut too), She Looks So Perfect
They seem to be more McFly than One Direction. The song ain't to bad so all to them.

SaintZ

It's the first time I hear of them :rip:

In other news:

Apparently 212 and 1991 have been removed from Azealia's Youtube Account.

ibxptjjvm7g1craqrhn.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Disaster after disaster. Its a good thing she has amazing music because she makes it so hard to stan.

Talking of great music, a new Florrie track, Free Falling, is coming in a couple of days. The marketing budget must be very small for it because she's having to be imaginative.

Vazduh

5 Seconds of what?

Who are those guys? Seriously. I'm listening to their song and it reminds me of Nick Carter's solo stuff a bit, maybe because of the vocals.

Eh, it's catchy, I might use when I'm drunk enough.

Disaster after disaster. Its a good thing she has amazing music because she makes it so hard to stan.

Talking of great music, a new Florrie track, Free Falling, is coming in a couple of days. The marketing budget must be very small for it because she's having to be imaginative.

Let's just hope that the music video is better than the one for Seashells, because that one was shit.

Matt_

Let's just hope that the music video is better than the one for Seashells, because that one was shit.

Mhm. I enjoyed seashells but what on earth was that video.

As out resident Little Mix stan is banned, I must inform you they covered Korn'sCameo's song Word Up! for charity.

These 5 Seconds of Hew gorls.

She Looks So Perfect is the perfect Useable While Inebriated And Deprived of Normal Mental Faculties Bop.

Let me add it to that playlist.

Majmun

I agree everything you said about BEYONCÉ, Aya.

So glad this era is over.

Now everyone I know irl can stop fake stanning Beyonce.

It's like "Bitch, until last month the last Beyonce song you listened to was damn Single Ladies...but now you a hardcore stan? STFU and go fix the fax machine."

LMAO <3

royalan

When I didn't see you interjecting in this Beyoncé stanfest, I suddenly worried that you were banned. I'm glad you're okay. <3

<3<3<3

Speaking of, where the hell have you been? We know PopGAF is the underachieving child you love but don't like to talk about much, but you've been especially absent lately.

I'm revisiting La Perra her Teenage Dream. And I'm having a moment with Dressin' Up of all songs.

It's so much better than I remember it being. I guess the demo-itis had time to wear off. Even Part of Me is ending me. And I hated it too because I was too used to the demo when I first heard it.

Vazduh

Mhm. I enjoyed seashells but what on earth was that video.

As out resident Little Mix stan is banned, I must inform you they covered Korn'sCameo's song Word Up! for charity.

Me, too, despite its repetitiveness. What's worrying to me is that the other videos don't look too promising, either. There are ways of not having a high budget at your disposal and still managing to be creative, but with Florrie it feels like she made the videos for the sake of it.

Hm, as for Little Mix, the cover is actually okay! I was about to link Mel B's cover and say that it shits on this one, but after hearing it for the first time in ages, I have to say it didn't hold up very well over time.

Oh, and while I'm at the topic of Spice Girls, the downside to listening to any of their solo stuff is that one song inevitably leads to another. That's how I got to Victoria frickin' Beckham, of all people, and at the moment I'm reluctantly bopping to her Damon Dash-penned single, Let Your Head Go. Oh, how I've sinned.

hO1kumV.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Good! This is a positive change I think.

The record business keeps spinning: Island DefJam is no more as of today. This is not an April Fool’s joke. Universal Music has made some big changes to Mariah Carey and Kanye West’s record label. Island and DefJam are splitting up, with Island going west. DefJam will be run by Steve Bartels, one of the hardest working guys in show biz. Barry Weiss, who had been president of Island DefJam after coming over from RCA a few years ago, is stepping down.

And there’s more: not only is Island heading west, but so is the label still known as Motown. They will both be separate record labels. Motown isn’t really Motown anyway, as we all know. Those days are over. But the woman who will be running it, Ethopia Habtemarian, is very popular. Karen Kwak, also a great player in the UMG family, will be overseeing everything. As she should!

If success is 99% about showing up, then Steve Bartels is really successful. A jolly easy going “big guy,” Steve loves his artists and support them like crazy– even when Kanye West wanders into his office one day and announces he’s dropping an album called “Yeezus” in five days! (Or as I call it “Meezus.”) Kanye, Mariah and all of the DefJam are lucky to have him. And of course, Steve is a graduate of the Clive Davis School of Music Execs. He has good training.

Mariah Carey, Kanye West’s Record Label Gets Big Overhaul

Vitanimus

sigh my flat make my eyes roll into another dimesion they fucking SUXK #blogGAF

why is it every time I go out to a club they play the diplo mix of Drunk In Love? Jay not good enough??

Bladenic

I'm glad Fashion Icon Rita Ora snatched Calvin from Ellie. I Need Your Love is shit. IWNLYD is not.

image.php

Ew end yourself

I Need Your Love is amazing

On that note, True (Avicii by Avicii) is INCREDIBLE. Why I'm only now listening to it idk but it's slaying.

You're ruling the way that I move
And I breathe your air
You only can rescue me
This is my prayer
If you were mine
If you were mine
I wouldn't want to go to heaven

I cherish the day
I won't go astray
I won't be afraid
You won't catch me running
You take my air

You show me how deep love can be

Icicle

And I breathe your air
You only can rescue me
This is my prayer
If you were mine
If you were mine
I wouldn't want to go to heaven

I cherish the day
I won't go astray
I won't be afraid
You won't catch me running
You take my air

You show me how deep love can be
Stan. Black Radio 1 and Black Radio 2 are amazing (I slightly prefer the second).

Everyone should check these songs out:

What Are We Doing Feat. Brandy
Yet To Find Feat. Anthony Hamilton
Persevere Feat. Snoop Dogg, Lupe Fiasco, and Luke James
Somebody Else Feat. Emeli Sande

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom