• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm a stan and all, but I still can't get over BEYONCÉ.

Still getting slayed by this record. The songs are so polished and well done and there's so much variety. There's always a great song to look forward to. I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

Slay me, Bey.

It's truly a watershed record tbh. I can understand why it has some parties so utterly bothered, because it's better than anything anybody else's faves have ever released.

As I've said before, in years to come BEYONCÉ will be seen as a modern classic.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can only imagine what it feels like, to have spent an entire year hoping that Bey had finally disappeared from the radar after ten years blocking your faves from the throne, only for her to release a better record than your fave could even dream of releasing with no fanfare.

Luckily it'll never happen to me...but still I can imagine that if it did happen to me I'd be fuming for months.

Vitanimus

I'm a stan and all, but I still can't get over BEYONCÉ.

Still getting slayed by this record. The songs are so polished and well done and there's so much variety. There's always a great song to look forward to. I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

Slay me, Bey.

Yep. I only skip Superpower but who doesn't? I was listening to Pretty Hurts and Partition on my way to my lecture and it still amazes me something of this caliber and quality was kept hidden for so long.

Trigger

Yep. I only skip Superpower but who doesn't?

I don't.

My husband Frank, his power.
Xs8eiNf.gif

Majmun

I can only imagine what it feels like, to have spent an entire year hoping that Bey had finally disappeared from the radar after ten years blocking your faves from the throne, only for her to release a better record than your fave could even dream of releasing with no fanfare.

Luckily it'll never happen to me...but still I can imagine that if it did happen to me I'd be fuming for months.

Yeah, exactly.

What happened to the haters after Beyoncé released her album:

Waffle: totally disappeared
Kyon: permabanned
DMJ: his fave retired

Stans and faves come and go - BEYONCÉ is forever.

Touchdown

Banned
Yeah, exactly.

What happened to the haters after Beyoncé released her album:

Waffle: totally disappeared
Kyon: permabanned
DMJ: his fave retired

Stans and faves come and go - BEYONCÉ is forever.

No lies detected. Don't forget Roy's fave taken out of commision for at least 9 months.

PopGaf doing the most again FIRO slayed and you can't take it. The song is everything and it will smash. Oh, and it's better than WFL, too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
PopGaf doing the most again FIRO slayed and you can't take it. The song is everything and it will smash. Oh, and it's better than WFL, too.

It's the definition of basic. Jessie J Wild levels of basic. There is potential but it lacks multiple things to make it a smash worthy song. Also girl sounds robotic at times. Still better than anything from Unapologetic.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it sounds okay...at least it marks a change from calvin's 'the chorus is just the melody of the verse again only louder' production

Her sickening NEED for attention

http://instagram.com/p/mMJ9sgHcYR/#

Need for attention... at her own concert...

The pressedness toward every move Lady God makes is truly iconic and I get my life from every false drag. So keep on keepin' on good sis

And yes, BEYONCE truly is the 2013 reincarnation of The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. It's introspective, artistically rich; truly the work of a self-actualized musician with a story to tell. A modern classic, and will remain the new pop album blueprint for many years to come. Her contemporaries are fizzled and frazzled at this point. Praying for Kesha Rose and Rita Oras 1 and 2.

Vazduh

It's the definition of basic. Jessie J Wild levels of basic. There is potential but it lacks multiple things to make it a smash worthy song.

Speaking of Jessie J, apparently she recorded the song first.
I've read it on PJ forums so I don't know if it's true or not.

Honestly the success of her entire DISCOGRAPHY mystifies Katy Perry haters. She's the most consistent hit maker in the world and it baffles most. I think it's coz people don't have any hangups with her. Either they like her or they feel like the songs are too inconsequential to really hate.

She and Beyonce have that similarity though, which is that they don't express themselves in unique enough ways to the point where it alienates anyone. People either like their music, don't really care for it, or think they're hot so they won't clock. I guess Rihanna would fall under that category too. I barely ever see anyone who flat out HATES these people, barring Royalan and the general popgaf populace of course.

Vazduh

Bladenic

Your almost stanning Beyonce to then calling it decent to calling it mediocre now its a funny. Keep it up.

Never forget 10/10

But people are allowed to change their opinion, we all do it (albeit perhaps not with so much, uh, passion for the opposite end of the original).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wild and I Will Never Let You Down are both almost-bops, undercut by an unovercomeable aura of basicness.

Wild was lacking a good bridge and change the chorus a bit for at least the final chorus as she repeats the same chorus over and over a lot. I Will Never Let You Down has terrible chorus but the beat its good. Some moments she sounds robotic in her pronunciation which while it might work on other songs it does not work in here and the build ups are not strong enough.

Bladenic

I kinda like I Will Never Let You Down. It's better than all of her other songs that I've heard.

Better than We Found Allah? Not on your life.

Also why is everyone calling her FIRO? Idgi

Vazduh

Sam Smith is SLAYING the US right now (Latch is also in the top 100)

Happy for Sam, he deserves it.

Wait, #SELFIE is in top 10?

z9jmEeo.gif

I kinda like I Will Never Let You Down. It's better than all of her other songs that I've heard.

Better than We Found Allah? Not on your life.

Also why is everyone calling her FIRO? Idgi

Fashion Icon Rita Ora
gaycat.png

I agree, WFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IWNLTY

Even Cheryl Cole's Call My Name is better than Rita's song.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
For all the decent acts the UK churns out why are we incapable of sending a decent one to Eurovision? This years entry isnt a bad song per se, but she has less charisma than Katy on the stage
edit; the studio version gives me Lorde teas tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom