• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

ENIGMATIC_ALEX44

I was going to confront you in the Extant thread, but I decided to do it here, in case we have to get less than lady-like. But THIS post...

it's not. I truly believe her Oscar was a fluke and while I LOVE sci-fi, I had to skip this show when I found out she was the lead.

I love your Madonna stanning, and your avatar, and your dragging of Ninja Flop. But this?

Oh no.

Have you SEEN Monsters Ball? Have you SEEN Losing Isaiah? Have you SEEN INTRODUCING DOROTHY DANDRIDGE!?!?!? HAVE YOU SEEN MOTHERFUCKING BAPS!? Have you SEEN the vast majority of QUEEN HALLE BERRY'S film catalog!? Or are you just mad at her for playing Bryan Singer's fucked-up Storm and thus feel the perverse need to slander her good name? To IGNORE her Oscar? Her Emmy? Her Golden Globe? ALL for Best Actress. BEST MOTHERFUCKING ACTRESS.

Halle Berry is a GODDESS of acting and beauty. Your faves will wish and still could never. I will NOT have this!

tumblr_l7flhfLnXs1qcq9mto1_400.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
ENIGMATIC_ALEX44

I was going to confront you in the Extant thread, but I decided to do it here, in case we have to get less than lady-like. But THIS post...

I love your Madonna stanning, and your avatar, and your dragging of Ninja Flop. But this?

Oh no.

Have you SEEN Monsters Ball? Have you SEEN Losing Isaiah? Have you SEEN INTRODUCING DOROTHY DANDRIDGE!?!?!? HAVE YOU SEEN MOTHERFUCKING BAPS!? Have you SEEN the vast majority of QUEEN HALLE BERRY'S film catalog!? Or are you just mad at her for playing Bryan Singer's fucked-up Storm and thus feel the perverse need to slander her good name? To IGNORE her Oscar? Her Emmy? Her Golden Globe? ALL for Best Actress. BEST MOTHERFUCKING ACTRESS.

Halle Berry is a GODDESS of acting and beauty. Your faves will wish and still could never. I will NOT have this!

tumblr_l7flhfLnXs1qcq9mto1_400.gif

First @ the bolded: <3 <3 <3

Second:
Haha I won't get less than "lady-like" with you roy, you're one of my fave GAFFERS tbh ;) (we seem to have a lot of similar taste and often see you posting in various threads I read as I crack up XD)
Yes, I will admit I've been fuming since 2000 about Halle ruining my fave Marvel character and comic book icon Storm the weather goddess supreme (as I specified in my "Storm" thread a short while back). However, I will admit I *may* have been overly harsh on Halle over the years because the blame for the short-comings of weak and busted film Storm can be spread around to the script writers as well as "allegedly" perverse legal-trouble-embroiled director Bryan Singer...

I have NOT seen Monster's Ball, but I may need to rectify that since I believe Hugh Jackman is in that one too???
drool.gif

On the topic of Extant, against my feelings of lingering resentment I DID end up watching episodes 1 and 2, as I caught them when they aired the encores after my summer obsession Big Brother... I have not returned to the Extant thread, but I'm ..... kind of digging the show? And..... I'm *gulp* actually kind of liking Halle? LAWD not me going against 14 years of resentment for a summer show.....

tumblr_ma8ihkV1zF1rfduvxo1_500.gif

Storm would have been shit regardless of who played her. Storm is shit in the movies because of how she's written.

Yup exactly. Those other whitebread X-Men could handle being written down into generic ~mature~ early 2000's leather clad ~cool~ guys, but Storm is the exact opposite of that. Unapologetically badass, larger-than-life weather witch and no attempt at ~modernization~ could ever capture. See also: Rogue, Phoenix & Nightcrawler ;__;

Gather round children and let me tell you about two albums that surprised me with their quality. In the summer of 1993, young
(17)
Robido was happy and carefree in a small rural town in Texas. I was watching MTV one day and this sickening man in a dress popped on my screen and commanded that I had BETTA WERK! And werk I did! Luckily young Robido's mother wasn't like those EVIL BLACKS you hear of in California who want to strip away the gay's human rights, and she purchased this CD for me:
iuCNwgxsCul1.jpg

Your mothers would never.
Never would I have guessed that this man in a dress would release an album that I still listen to, to this day. If you've ever heard "mainstream gay music" before, you'd know that it's awful and campy and generally not worth listening to. Unfortunately RuPaul's offerings after this CD turned into exactly that. But at least she was able to squeeze out SUPERMODEL OF THE WORLD first.

1. "Supermodel (You Better Work)"
2. "Miss Lady DJ"
YDKOsEA0mtA

4. "Supernatural" #BestRuPaulSongEver
5. "House of Love"
6. "Thinkin' 'Bout You"
7. "Back to My Roots"
8. "Prisoner of Love" (Not on youtube... It slays tho!)
9. "Stinky Dinky" (Shitty quality...Skippable)
10. "All of a Sudden" (Not on youtube...)
11. "Everybody Dance"
12. "A Shade Shady (Now Prance)"

"Don't be throwin no shade, I just wanna get paid"

Bonus:

"Don't Go Breaking My Heart"

Now young ones, never let it be said that <+)O Robido O(+> only listens to R&B. At the tender age of 13 "Love Shack" became my everything and somehow or another I acquired the cassette tape of this album. (I think it was a 12 tapes for a penny deal with Columbia House) Needless to say my young mind was blown when what I expected to encounter cheeky fun turned into a seriously good record. I've repurched this album many times over the years. I <3 it so. I give ye chirrens The B-52's - Cosmic Thing. Enjoy!
iFXRodGIkeJqA.jpg

1. "Cosmic Thing"
2. "Dry County"
3. "Deadbeat Club"
4. "Love Shack"
5. "Junebug" This is my jam.
6. "Roam"
7. "Bushfire"
8. "Channel Z"
9. "Topaz "
10. "Follow Your Bliss"

Bonus:

"Rock Lobster"
The last 2 minutes of this song is the business. Get into it!

Yup exactly. Those other whitebread X-Men could handle being written down into generic ~mature~ early 2000's leather clad ~cool~ guys, but Storm is the exact opposite of that. Unapologetically badass, larger-than-life weather witch and no attempt at ~modernization~ could ever capture. See also: Rogue, Phoenix & Nightcrawler ;__;

I agree with this post so much including the end.

bros I'm trying to remember an artist's name. Light skinned chick, skinny...one of her videos is with her and a black guy...can't remember her name.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Rita Ora?

edit:

AZEALIA &#9875; BANKS &#8207;@AZEALIABANKS 48m
And the video is honestly my best video this far!!!

AZEALIA &#9875; BANKS &#8207;@AZEALIABANKS 52m
"Heavy Metal and Reflective" is gonna make all your heads roll!!!!

tumblr_m7riodjRjO1rvn6njo1_400.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tinashe maybe?
That sammy b girl that Nito was stanning a while back? (may not be called sammy b I forget)

British wise maybe Emile Sande, Alexandra Burke, Leona Lewis?

Talking of Rita Ora though Ive just played I Will Never Let You Down five times in a row
Let me go shower and remove myself of this slime

Vitanimus

Talking of Rita Ora though Ive just played I Will Never Let You Down five times in a row
Let me go shower and remove myself of this slime

But IWNLYD is great tho

Also lemme bookmark this page, full of recommendations and knowledge about artists I don't listen to, aka Mary J Blige

I'm already really sunburnt :( I'm so white

Nemesis_

Ke$ha and Lady Gaga dissed by Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg

Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg have made it clear that they never want to be Lady Gaga's little monsters.

In a recent chat with MTV UK, Wahlberg said he'd like to see much less of the mega pop star. "Beyonce is always pleasant to look at but if we could take some videos off air then we gotta get rid of Lady GaGa."

Wahlberg even took a stab at Gaga's controversial meat dress she sported during her acceptance speech for Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs. "You should have worn meat to this interview," he said to Ferrell. "Maybe little steak on your head?"

Ke$ha also copped a battering from the pair "I know who we can get rid of&#8230;Ke$ha! I mean who is she, how is that music, how is she a star? She's crazy," Ferrell said.

"Ke$ha, you need to throw out the auto-tune and sing for real!"

http://www.novafm.com.au/article/keha-and-lady-gaga-dissed-will-ferrell-and-mark-wahlberg

i mean

Grizzo

Damn, can't people leave Kesha alone for a minute? She's way more than a dumb party girl, plus her voice is actually good.

But I will agree that if you don't make the effort to listen to her whole discography, and just know her from things like Tik Tok, Take It Off and Die Young, that's understandable.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I mean who is she, how is that music, how is she a star? She's crazy,

This is coming from someone whose whole comedy act is to be an obnoxious middle aged chubby white guy with mental disabilities, please

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Ugh, those comments about Ke$ha and Gaga...

AATfUDw.gif

I think that Wahlberg's comment is more offensive, since we're talking about a guy who was involved in hate crimes, and he also blinded a man, for which he never apologized and feels no remorse about. And let's not even talk about his contributions to society such as The Happening and Transformers 4. He should just shut up because he has no right to judge anyone.

UGH right??? You beat me to it, I was totally going to point out his hate crime and TF4 nonsense. And this coming from someone who's about to inflict "Ted 2" on the world? He has NO GROUND TO STAND ON saying anyone should be taken off the air

Shut the fuck up Marky Mark, BYE go make your trash films and fade into obscurity

tumblr_lqxjmzzzP51qflmhf.gif

Mau ®

Apparently, Rita Ora's album is in turmoil after Calvin has pulled all the tracks he did with her off the project, following their split.

He should give them to Ellie for the ultimate kii.

ClANPyt.gif

Zutroy

So no one's getting out alive
All the gold on earth, it won't buy time
So we might as well give up the fight
Live it up tonight
No one's getting out alive!

KlcigE1.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;121762456 said:
Apparently, Rita Ora's album is in turmoil after Calvin has pulled all the tracks he did with her off the project, following their split.

ClANPyt.gif

Actually Ellie and Rihanna for double impact.

Mau ®;121762456 said:

ClANPyt.gif

Howlingt.

I'd say this marks the end of her music career, but she never really had one in the first place.

At least she has fashion modeling I guess.

Zutroy

Howlingt.

I'd say this marks the end of her music career, but she never really had one in the first place.

At least she has fashion modeling I guess.

She's had 4 UK number ones in two years, and I wouldn't be surprised if Black Widow made it a fifth. She could be doing a lot worse...

In 1986 I was 9 and intensely hated anything associated with Michael Jackson. When I was 8 I got "Thriller"
TRASH!
for Christmas and my cousin got "Purple Rain," and I was it as an insult to my person and I made sure my parents knew it. Prince was my be all and end all and was clearly more talented. I subsequently talked my cousin into trading and proceeded to scratch her album to shit and rendered it unplayable. There would be none of that Michael Jackson trash in my presence.
Aside from the billion times I had to sit through that trash ass Thriller video and the making of that always came on after it.

Anywho, my first introduction to Janet was, I believe, the video for "Control." Seems as though Janet, too, liked that Minneapolis sound and recruited Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis (Jerome Benton was in the video too) from The Time (a Prince side project) to help bring her vision to light. I think it was a year and and the 6th slaying single (The Pleasure Principle) later that I had to give it up and swear fealty to Janet. I don't remember much from my childhood, as far as vivid memories go, but I do recall being in a car with my paternal grandmother when "Nasty" came on and very sassily singing the lines, "No, my first name ain't baby. It's Janet. Ms. Jackson if your nasty!" and receiving my very first (look at this little queen) side eye. I know Janet is looked at as a washed up has been these days, but 1986 started a decade of slay that is still unmatched to this day. And she did it without having to ride the coat tails of
a child predator,
her brother!

So here we are again, little ones. An album that slays from hither to yon. Get your lives.

ibyYBvlHsXkHxd.jpg

1. "Control"
2. "Nasty"
3. "What Have You Done for Me Lately"
4. "You Can Be Mine"
5. "The Pleasure Principle"
6. "When I Think of You"
7. "He Doesn't Know I'm Alive"
8. "Let's Wait Awhile"
9. "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)"

Bonus: From the Rhythm Nation 1814 (SLAAAAAAAAYS) album:
ibr2MCZINtjtJH.jpg

Fun fact about this album is that it slayed the charts for so long, that by the time "Love Will Never Do" came out as a single 2+ years later she had changed her look and people who weren't paying attention thought it was the beginning of a new era. Lol. The beginning of the RN1814 era was relyed heavily on a materialistic covered head to toe look and Janet saying that she didn't wanna use her body/sex to sell records, ended with a beweaved midriff baring Janet serving sex on a platter and slaying your faves with a 3 year old album.

"Love Will Never Do (Without You)"
"The Knowledge"
"Escapade"
"Someday Is Tonight"

Bonus Bonus: From the Janet. album (SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYZ):
ibfqen5RB5Juk5.jpg

"If"
"Because Of Love"
"Any Time, Any Place"

Triple Bonus: From The Velvet Rope (YAAAAAAS)
ibsQgSCImaPIee.jpg

"Got 'til It's Gone"
"Rope Burn"
"Anything"

Admittedly, Janet lost that "spark" for me during The Velvet Rope era. Madonna was commanding more and more of my attention and by the time "Ray of Light" came out it was a rap.

We'll always have the good old days Janet! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom