• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

racist trash
BYE Iggy
iQs6hLkvpXZz8.gif

ikr? I was really disappointed when I saw those tweets.
I still use some of her songs, tho
Elly Jackson has been spilling tea in an interview for the Times:

All I ever hear now is, "People haven't got the attention span any more, they don't have the intelligence." Rubbish. People are just as intelligent as they always were. They do want this stuff in music. So make something great that's accessible.

I agree with this part so much. Btw, until Kimbra's record drops, Trouble in Paradise will remain my album of this summer. It's just SOOOOOOO good!

Rihanna is my fave.

Yessssssssssss

ftf3ia-jpg.gif
361d81bm

Welcome!!!

No my first name ain't baby
It's Janet
Miss Jackson if you're nasty

1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif

Touchdown

Banned
I took your suggestion and finally gave MIAMTEC a whirl. It's really good! Mariah's still super talented, I don't think her voice has diminished at all like some people say. She's def deserving of being the 2nd best selling female artist of all time (Madonna's still Queen @ #1 with over 300 million albums sold <3 )

I particularly love:
The Art of Letting Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-a2JwEkviU
You Don't Know What To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJXAA2tw-BA
Meteorite (this might be my fave)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdENXIr18OA

certified bops tbh
1Oymt.gif

YES!!!! I still use TAOLG!!

ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

Did Aguilera give birth to her 2nd bastard child yet? Haven't seen her in a minute.

iuIQ2nUgyuNry.gif

Mau ®

Break Free is really good IMO. Don't know why ya'll hated it in the first place.

Not Ariana being the most sonically interesting pop star in 2014 tho. A damn mess.

Nemesis_

Sis, off the drugs, a Zedd produced single being "sonically interesting".

Although when we compare it to Ghost Stories perhaps you have a point.

Do you want to impregnate her too?

Majmun

Trouble in Paradise slays so hard. It's a bit too short, though. It needs three or four extra tracks imo.

Kelis' FOOD, Katy B's Little Red and La Roux' Trouble in Paradise are the best albums of the year so far.

Lana's and Mariah's offerings were underwhelming

NinjaBoiX

Arianal has the charisma of a snail.

She also has dead eyes tbh.
Oh man, she's so fine. She's really young and totally breaks my creep age, but damn she's hot. I really like her doe eyes too.

qQLqgjC.jpg

Dat bow...

Tf9PV5Q.png

I don't know her music, but I really dig her high pitched but slightly croaky, husky voice.

So yeah, that's it really.

Oh man, she's so fine. She's really young and totally breaks my creep age, but damn she's hot. I really like her doe eyes too.

Dat bow...

Tf9PV5Q.png

I don't know her music, but I really dig her high pitched but slightly croaky, husky voice.

So yeah, that's it really.

nnnnnnnn... :( LOL

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hi.

I've been lurking this thread (aside from two posts) for a while now and decided to introduce myself.

Basically, I've kind of fronted on a lot of pop music for a long time but I've learned to embrace it now and this thread really has helped. If you actually read this thread you will find that it's not all about celebrity gossip as
fedora
GAF claims; there's a lot of really good suggestions in this thread. Feel free to recommend your personal favorite albums ;)

Rihanna is my fave.

Welcome JohnDoe!!!

tumblr_mlbf00GDVw1qc8t1to2_250.gif

You seem nice ;)

I see you asked for recommends, I know you said Rih's your fave, but may I suggest my 2 faves' best albums?

Try Born this Way by Princess of Pop Gaga, her magnum opus featuring BTW's 2 best songs imo:

Heavy Metal Lover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyN5157_Xos
Edge of Glory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ

also, try Telephone from her 2nd best era, Fame Monster featuring the one and only time I kind of liked Beyonce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgpQzLPWiKY

tumblr_mi35uriEa41qdkyveo1_500.gif

Try undisputed Queen of Pop Madonna's 2 best albums, Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor featuring gems like:

(from Ray of Light)
Frozen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDM0yAJjlBo
Ray of Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLkNJYG4b2Q

(from Confessions)
Sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4aDCCYnAB8
Hung Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwb9jOVRtU
Get 2gether
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SceS4553f-0

Madonna doesn't have just one of the best discographies ever, selling over 300,000,000 worldwide and breaking records at the age of 55 with every tour she still does nowadays, she's also the queen of the music video.
One of my very faves from her older stuff:

Bedtime Story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSaFgAwnRSc

I must also urge you to get into Canadian dance icon and breakout star Kiesza (whom I take full credit for introducing to POPGAF
don't dispute me
)
She's quite new, and has already rocketed to near the top of my faves list <3

Hideaway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESXgJ9-H-2U
Giant in my Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUoSpDKwXk

1402596170671.gif

I love it when lurkers pop in, you'll do here just fine with your pleasant, non-Popgaf bashing attitude ;)
madonna-wink.gif

Hi.

I've been lurking this thread (aside from two posts) for a while now and decided to introduce myself.

Basically, I've kind of fronted on a lot of pop music for a long time but I've learned to embrace it now and this thread really has helped. If you actually read this thread you will find that it's not all about celebrity gossip as
fedora
GAF claims; there's a lot of really good suggestions in this thread. Feel free to recommend your personal favorite albums ;)

Rihanna is my fave.

Listen to Days Are Gone by HAIM, one of last years' best.

Welcome JohnDoe!!!

You seem nice ;)

I see you asked for recommends, I know you said Rih's your fave, but may I suggest my faves' best albums?

The undisputed Queen of Pop Madonna's 2 best albums, Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor featuring gems like:

(from Ray of Light)
Frozen
Ray of Light

(from Confessions)
Sorry
Hung Up
Get 2gether

Madonna doesn't have just one of the best discographies ever, selling over 300,000,000 worldwide and breaking records at the age of 55 with every tour she still does nowadays, she's also the queen of the music video.
One of my very faves from her older stuff:

Bedtime Story

I love it when lurkers pop in, you'll do here just fine with your pleasant, non-Popgaf bashing attitude ;)
madonna-wink.gif

If you love Rihanna, Madonna
& Beyonce
should be right up your alley. Madonna, Rihanna,
& Beyonce
are everything. Shame most of the ageist children here won't let Madonna in. But she'll continue to slay, and they'll continue to seethe.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Trouble in Paradise slays so hard. It's a bit too short, though. It needs three or four extra tracks imo.

Kelis' FOOD, Katy B's Little Red and La Roux' Trouble in Paradise are the best albums of the year so far.

Lana's and Mariah's offerings were underwhelming
Tea is SCALDING

JohnDoe

Banned
Welcome JohnDoe!!!
*snip*

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

Nice suggestions btw, though The Fame is still Gaga's best imo ;)
Ray Of Light sounds great, I have to give the whole album a shot. And I like Kiesza! Her new song "So Deep" is pretty nice and imo way more fitting for her voice than Hideaway (don't get me wrong, I love both songs).

Grizzo

Yeah, Little Red is the most pleasant surprise of the year to me. I didn't expect anything from this album (though I've always liked Katy B's previous singles and 5 am slays), so it's cool that it turned out that way.

Regarding those Iggy tweets... They were from quite some time ago. I'm not finding any excuses for what she said but let's hope that she grew up and learned not to be prejudiced.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
ftfy

tumblr_lfpk3bK8Pf1qc650d.gif

I'm not really a dick, honest. I'm just misunderstood.

Like that P!nk chick.

Ok, well you can't deny your intro to POPGAF was a hot mess and a misfire of atomic proportions. But you managed to catch my bit of shade there, so you are a sharp one at least which I must respect. Not me being all about 2nd chances these days
swwBo.png

wink.gif

P!nk though...
iQs6hLkvpXZz8.gif

If you love Rihanna, Madonna
& Beyonce
should be right up your alley. Madonna, Rihanna,
& Beyonce
are everything. Shame most of the ageist children here won't let Madonna in. But she'll continue to slay, and they'll continue to seethe.

SCREAMING @ you blocking out Bey's name for my benefit!!! XD
but yes, let them seethe, Madonna will continue to reign uninterrupted and unbothered <3

Mau ®;121864207 said:
I actually like the entire new gen of PopGaffers :D

<3 <3 <3
I wonder if that includes me
tumblr_lp8jczlQst1qbwtsm.gif

NinjaBoiX

Mau ®;121864207 said:
I like NinjaBoiX :)

tumblr_lg6qqdBXl21qa4yas.gif

You guys are alright man. Even when you voice (legitimate) grievances about my clumsy, cack-handed trolling, it's usually done with humour and a dose of whimsy.

I'm just a bitter, pretentious muso at times, you'll get used to my schtick. I really do like posting and listening to tunes in here, but I do find some of the conversations, um, not relevant to my interests let's say. But the shade is well intentioned, I'm not some cunt trying to derail what you guys have going on in here, for reals.

I bash YNK all the time in FakeGAF and he's one of my favourite posters. It's all just fun and games mane.

Edit: I see you enigmatic. :p

So TROUBLE IN PARADISE is EVERYTHING. Silent Partner and Sexotheque absolutely DECIMATE the entirety of everyone else's output this year. I'm crying rn. It's perfection.

Feel free to recommend your personal favorite albums ;)

Rihanna is my fave.

Wilkommen!

Yaaaas, the #NVAY continues to grow. Get ready for R8, the masterpiece is on its way.

Now, if you want some personal fave recommendations:
Get into Girls Aloud and their most talented member Nicola Roberts, as well as Robyn and Charli XCX.

Also, listen to the guy that posted the Madonna recommend, Queen of Pop forever and ever. Listen to her entire discography and weep at the utter slayage that nobody has ever been able to replicate.

I agree with this part so much. Btw, until Kimbra's record drops, Trouble in Paradise will remain my album of this summer. It's just SOOOOOOO good!

Ugh, that reminds me, I emailed Kimbra's label about the lack of anything about The Golden Echo in the UK but never got a response. I guess it's not coming out here, sigh. I know Vows flopped, but did that come out before or after SYUTK? 90s Music is on the iTunes Store but nothing on the album.

Mau ®;121864207 said:

giphy.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hi.

fedora

Rihanna is my fave.

Natalia Kills - Trouble
Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
Foxes - Glorious
Sophie Ellis Bextor - Wandelust
Ellie Goulding - Halcyon Days
Lorde - Pure Heroine
St. Vincent - St. Vincent
Kimbra - Vows
V V Brown - Samson and Delilah
Kelis - FOOD
Janelle Monae - The Electric Lady
Sky Ferreira - Night Time , My Time
Ivy Levan - Introducing The Dame EP
Azealia Banks - 1991 EP

Nooooooo don't shade one of my fav like that

p-nk-trouble-o.gif

Her last Album sold better than his fave (6 millions) and had charting songs. Ignore ha

Vitanimus

Natalia Kills - Trouble
Foxes - Glorious
Sophie Ellis Bextor - Wandelust
Lorde - Pure Heroine
Kimbra - Vows
Kelis - FOOD
Azealia Banks - 1991 EP

Her last Album sold better than his fave (6 millions) and had charting songs. Ignore ha

Keep fighting the good fight sis

This is a solid list though. I also recommend Body Talk and Do It Again by Robyn, along with Visions by Grimes, naturally

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
You just jelly.

jskJekYTZ46yZ.jpg
Joke post?

Natalia Kills - Trouble
Foxes - Glorious
Sophie Ellis Bextor - Wanderlust
Lorde - Pure Heroine
Kimbra - Vows

Kelis - FOOD
Azealia Banks - 1991 EP
I also recommend Body Talk and Do It Again by Robyn, along with Visions by Grimes, naturally
Janet Jackson's "The Velvet Rope"
Sia's "1000 Forms of Fear"

enigmatic_alex44

Natalia Kills - Trouble

oh NO. How CUTE I see you coming for Gaga's sales while still stanning your flop fave Nahewlia Kills and her stillborn career. Meanwhile Gaga's touring on her well-reviewed GLOBAL tour right now, Artrave. WHERE are Nahewlia's sales hun??? WHERE is Nahewlia's GLOBAL tour????????

16426027q9onk.gif

on an unrelated note, I found out today GAF has a Croc-Defense-Force. Of all things to stan for....
tumblr_inline_n4k198q7iT1qajj8m.gif

Vazra

oh NO. How CUTE I see you coming for Gaga's sales while still stanning your flop fave Nahewlia Kills and her stillborn career. Meanwhile Gaga's touring on her well-reviewed GLOBAL tour right now, Artrave. WHERE are Nahewlia's sales hun??? WHERE is Nahewlia's GLOBAL tour????????

16426027q9onk.gif

on an unrelated note, I found out today GAF has a Croc-Defense-Force. Of all things to stan for....
tumblr_inline_n4k198q7iT1qajj8m.gif

My fave is niche. Your fave is mainstream trash

And Croc-Defense Force? Is such thing really possible? Link to thread?

cory64

Kimbra - Vows
apruebo
& submit:

ANNIE the a&r ep
BEACH HOUSE bloom
CRYSTAL CASTLES (iii)
GRIMES visions
HAIM days are gone
JESSIE WARE devotion
KANE WEST yeezus
KENDRICK LAMAR good kid m.a.a.d city
KESHA warrior
THE NATIONAL trouble will find me
PURITY RING shrines
SOLANGE true ep

those are some of my favourites from 2012–present.

Vazra

Is that by choice though or dictated by maximum sales achieved?

The way she talks about shows it seems like choice. She says she prefers staying on small gigs where she can do small sets and hang with the fans than the big stage where she clearly looks lost when she tried that with the first album. The sales also dont give her much of a choice either to pick big gigs but also there comes the issue that the label didnt try promoting the album considering it was releasing close to Gaga and they spent more money to promote Artpop which to say the least was underwhelming.

Hmmm how many of those are virgins tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom