• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grown Woman should have been a real single.

However it seems like Beyoncé isn't interested in relevancy.

ibnzGy3bCU3f6K.gif

When you're the most relevant superstar on the planet, making scraps off a single isn't always on your radar.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Godel managing to be so high despite the fact he spends the majority of his time banned

I posted this a while back because the video is fucked up but the song has just CLICKED and it is such a fucking bop
5xudn6jpg.gif

Oliver Heldens X Becky Hill - Gecko (Overdrive)
Let it in and let your inhibitions go

The Blood Diamonds remix of Ellie Goulding's smash hit Anything Could Happen is really good. I can't believe it's been almost two years since I first heard that song. And I think we're past the anniversary of Burn too. Halcyon and Halcyon Days, what kind of perfect album and expansion?

ZpSeQ.gif

My Blood, Only You, Halcyon, Figure 8 and Under Control >>>>> (but lbr the whole thing shits as long as you forget that the Tinie Tempah edit of Hanging On exists)

I'm here for her renewed domination in 2015, but thank god we at least got Beating Heart this year.

The Blood Diamonds remix of Ellie Goulding's smash hit Anything Could Happen is really good. I can't believe it's been almost two years since I first heard that song. And I think we're past the anniversary of Burn too. Halcyon and Halcyon Days, what kind of perfect album and expansion?

My Blood, Only You, Halcyon, Figure 8 and Under Control >>>>> (but lbr the whole thing shits as long as you forget that the Tinie Tempah edit of Hanging On exists)

I'm here for her renewed domination in 2015, but thank god we at least got Beating Heart this year.

Another God fan. Another Beating Heart fan. YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS.

What do you think of Mirror?

ZpSeQ.gif

xaosslug

ZpSeQ.gif

i only use Lights, sorry.
uABqixV.gif
uABqixV.gif
uABqixV.gif

Mirror is haunting, ethereal and beautiful. It is everything. In a single soundtrack song she did more for me in Q4 than the megastars did with their entire albums.

6uHWP.gif

Oh my god, do you remember her Google Plus Hangout album cover signing sesh? That was hilarious to watch.

You did not lie about Mirror.

And god, all my Halcyon memories are coming back now. I remember listening to the snippets way tew much and then being slightly underwhelmed with the album initially. But I grew to love it.

I still prefer Bright Lights overall tho.

I remember that the girl who won (Natasha?) just did one live performance with them and then she called it quits hahaha. I think she didn't get along with the other members.

LOLL her name was Asia I think! That was the best but worst moment ever hahahahaha.

Mau ®

Charli XCX says reggae/dancehall is gonna be the next "big" thing in music.

Here for it. Hopefully Rih, her trends foresight, already knew this and #R8 is that reggae/dancehall masterpiece we've been craving for years.

Grizzo

Mau ®;122641495 said:

Here for it. Hopefully Rih, her trends foresight, already knew this and #R8 is that reggae/dancehall masterpiece we've been craving for years.

you mean like "Sean Paul circa 2003" dancehall? Color me interested!

And she already kinda saw it coming with Man Down in 2010. Such a visionary!

xaosslug

Mau ®;122641495 said:

because of MAGIC!'s success? please.

Grizzo

Single wise, only Roar and Dark Horse were massive, humongous hits, yes.

But iirc, Prism is selling more than TD was at this point.

really? I didn't know about that! Now it just needs to have some legs and sell steadily for the next 16 months or so

Vazduh

Well well well

I've posted that much?
pXXlfeg.gif
pXXlfeg.gif

that shade... I can't...

v8q8nd6f

M!ssundaztood is one of the best pop albums of all time (and it sold a lot too), and her best-of is just full of hits

I would agree that The Truth About Love was underwhelming (except the singles), but Funhouse is great!

I somehow forgot to answer this post :D
Yeah, I threw a bit of shade, just for fun.
I didn't enjoy her last album, and even Funhouse was meh for me, but I still love M!ssundaztood, Try This and I'm Not Dead. I also love some songs from her first album, it aged quite well IMHO.

really? I didn't know about that! Now it just needs to have some legs and sell steadily for the next 16 months or so

TD had a terrible sales run when it came out, sort of why everyone called her a "singles artist" at the time. As the singles kept smashing the album grew out some legs so it ended up selling quite well at the end of it all. Prism has been selling better primarily because Katy's status has grown (and her fanbase size has blown up), no telling how long it can keep it up since it doesn't share the luxury of having 18,000 #1 singles back to back, so it might possibly not outsell TD at the end of its shelf life, but it's got good momentum so far.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
There's Opera, Jazz, Hip-Hop, House, Hardstyle, Merengue, Pop, nd Soul on "BROKE WITH EXPENSIVE TASTE". It's truly an eclectic body of work!

I'm so here for opera rap I cannot wait

Alrus

Hey guys, just wanted to say I've been lurking this thread for ages and I wanted to thank all of you for the insane amount of amazing songs I would never have listened to if I didn't browse this thread. This new BANKS song is giving me so much life.

Also finally stopped resisting Rihanna after years of denial, and I decided to listen to her entire discography. Haven't decided if I like Rater R, GGGB or Loud better. (Also Loud isn't on Spotify belgium for some weird reasons...). Unapologetic is okay I guess, and Talk That Talk is really meh. Made me wish a full version of Birthday Cake was available, such a fun song.

Also, I'm sorry, but that Taylor Swift outfit is kinda meh. If you're going to wear a matching outfit, don't half-ass it by wearing shoes that clash with it so badly.

Touchdown

Banned
Hey guys, just wanted to say I've been lurking this thread for ages and I wanted to thank all of you for the insane amount of amazing songs I would never have listened to if I didn't browse this thread. This new BANKS song is giving me so much life.

Also finally stopped resisting Rihanna after years of denial, and I decided to listen to her entire discography. Haven't decided if I like Rater R, GGGB or Loud better. (Also Loud isn't on Spotify belgium for some weird reasons...). Unapologetic is okay I guess, and Talk That Talk is really meh. Made me wish a full version of Birthday Cake was available, such a fun song.

Also, I'm sorry, but that Taylor Swift outfit is kinda meh. If you're going to wear a matching outfit, don't half-ass it by wearing shoes that clash with it so badly.

Welcome!

iyy9tnPFwQgU1.gif

Hey guys, just wanted to say I've been lurking this thread for ages and I wanted to thank all of you for the insane amount of amazing songs I would never have listened to if I didn't browse this thread.

This so hard. I've only been in here for less than a month and I've already expanded my iTunes library so much. I really owe you guys for everything! <3 I don't know what I'd do without y'all, my sisten :') <333

Emphasis on not knowing Lemonade before this thread. On loop for days X___X
alexandra-stan-o.gif

Alrus

This so hard. I've only been in here for less than a month and I've already expanded my iTunes library so much. I really owe you guys for everything! <3 I don't know what I'd do without y'all, my sisten :') <333

Emphasis on not knowing Lemonade before this thread. On loop for days X___X
alexandra-stan-o.gif

Yeah Lemonade has been on repeat for the past week for me, I can't believe I never heard it before, since I knew about Alexandra Stan and actually liked most of her songs despite them being generic. Such a great summer bop.

Although what the hell is up with her hair at the end of the music video?

Thank you :) (What happened to Fergie anyway? Considering she managed to have a very successful solo album before, you'd think she'd at least try one more time. I kinda enjoyed The Duchess)

Yeah Lemonade has been on repeat for the past week for me, I can't believe I never heard it before, since I knew about Alexandra Stan and actually liked most of her songs despite them being generic. Such a great summer bop.

Same here!! I knew some of her stuff previously, and never came across it until I came in here. It's been about a week for me, too!! I can't stop. LOL! I'm considering doing a YouTube cover of it if I can get some other musicians to change it up with me o___o

Grizzo

Made me wish a full version of Birthday Cake was available, such a fun song.

Well you're in for a treat, because a full version of Birthday Cake does exist and was released shortly after the album came out! Only problem is, it's a duet with Chris Brown (I kinda like him but not on such a song, it just sounds too... gross).

If the idea does not sound vile to you then here you go.

But there is also a really well fanmade solo version (of 3 minutes).

(and I like that you like Loud, it's really weird that it's not on Spotify Belgium)

Alrus

Well you're in for a treat, because a full version of Birthday Cake does exist and was released shortly after the album came out! Only problem is, it's a duet with Chris Brown (I kinda like him but not on such a song, it just sounds too... gross).

If the idea does not sound vile to you then here you go.

But there is also a really well fanmade solo version (of 3 minutes).

(and I like that you like Loud, it's really weird that it's not on Spotify Belgium)

Well yeah I know about the Chris Brown version, but I listened to it once and felt dirty so I pretend it doesn't exist. That fanmade version will do I guess :)

I just don't understand why they put an unfinished song on the album, such wasted potential... But then again the whole album feels rushed.

Grizzo

Well yeah I know about the Chris Brown version, but I listened to it once and felt dirty so I pretend it doesn't exist. That fanmade version will do I guess :)

I just don't understand why they put an unfinished song on the album, such wasted potential... But then again the whole album feels rushed.

I hear you. Talk That Talk as an album is meh. I only like We Found Love (which is a pretty phenomenal song and will forever be engraved in my memory because of the things I lived while listening to it), Talk That Talk, Cockiness, Drunk On Love (best song on the album) and Watch N Learn.

I can use Where Have You Been from time to time but it feels too eurodance by-the-number to me. You Da One is okay, nothing more (Dr. Luke got really lazy with that one).

Latch

It has some of her best bops tho

Watch N Learn & Do Ya Thang >>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom