• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hair is so basic. She actually looks pretty basic period in those pics.

She's always basic

I like the Crazy in Love remix. Very moody.

NOT liking that trailer, tho. That movie looks so damn dumb.

Yeah it sounds great. Her cover of Back to Black left a lot to be desired but this one gets it right on the money.

And I dunno anything about the books themselves, but I could possibly feel my oats watching that leading man. He gives me elusive teas. I might give it a watch. lol

cory64

Rihzy season approachin
Fuck whatever yall been hearin
Fuck what, fuck whatever Tay been wearin
A goddess about to come alive again

Grizzo

Rihzy season approachin
Fuck whatever yall been hearin
Fuck what, fuck whatever Tay been wearin
A goddess about to come alive again

so excited for Rihanna's comeback

I've been listening to her a lot these last few days

Her Greatest Hits is gonna be HUGE (well, at least, in terms of tracklist, which will be absolutely flawless) (unless she includes that dreary Hate That I Love You, since I've noticed that she's always performing that song on each of her tour)

Mau ®

Her Greatest Hits is gonna be HUGE (well, at least, in terms of tracklist, which will be absolutely flawless) (unless she includes that dreary Hate That I Love You, since I've noticed that she's always performing that song on each of her tour)

The Diamonds World Tour version was cool tho. Dreamy-ish.

Anyway the VILE BALLAD on Rih's discography is California King Bed
Unfaithful is also trash don't know why anybody liked it.

Grizzo

Mau ®;122506615 said:

I have a "mid-tempo" version of Unfaithful, never knew if it was an official one or not, but it's the one I use! I have to get it back for you, it sounds really good. The original one bores me to death now.

California King Bed is alright, I can listen to it every once in a while. Nothing to write home about though. One of the worst songs on Loud.

Cynosure

Mau ®;122500897 said:
I'm listening to the RED BIBLE is anticipation of T5's impending slayage *.*

*in

before you post OT10, make sure you get someone to proofread it

i7r4VQDLRGg9B.gif

I have a "mid-tempo" version of Unfaithful, never knew if it was an official one or not, but it's the one I use! I have to get it back for you, it sounds really good. The original one bores me to death now.

I would actually really love this version also, if possible.. o__o

cory64

She's one of the few artists in history who can do a 2-disc set and have it not feel padded.

Mau ®;122506615 said:

California King Bed has fun chord progressions to sing but the lyrics are just terribad, especially the verses. Never liked Take A Bow or Unfaithful, but Hate That I Love You is cool to me. It always sounds young and fresh, I'm here for it mostly.

I still think Russian Roulette is her best ballad. So haunting and beautiful. Sorry bout it Mau :p

EDIT: I'll proofread the new OT! Plus I'm still waiting on that "PM" you said was coming my way sis. Feeling jipped D:

Grizzo

She's one of the few artists in history who can do a 2-disc set and have it not feel padded.

That's true. I'm sure R8 is gonna have at least two smash hits on it, so she could do a 2-disc set with at least 30 old singles (features like Love The Way You Lie, Who's That Chick and Run This Town) included and 4 new songs.

California King Bed has fun chord progressions to sing but the lyrics are just terribad, especially the verses. Never liked Take A Bow or Unfaithful, but Hate That I Love You is cool to me. It always sounds young and fresh, I'm here for it mostly.

I still think Russian Roulette is her best ballad. So haunting and beautiful. Sorry bout it Mau :p

EDIT: I'll proofread the new OT! Plus I'm still waiting on that "PM" you said was coming my way sis. Feeling jipped D:

I love Take a Bow! Such a nice song.

My main concern with Hate That I Love You is that I feel like it sounds way too much like Ne-Yo's single, Sexy Love.

We often accuse Dr Luke of rehashing his own songs but Stargate are also guilty of that.

I'm actually a big fan of Russian Roulette too. She opened with it when I went to see her live like 4-5 years ago. So epic.

Styles

Mau ®;122496589 said:
Fashion Icon and Musical Extraordinaire, TayLORD Swift, just got done doing the first print interview of the #T5 era for Rolling Stone.

She looked flawless while doing so!!

She's coming to slay!!!!

Woo Lord! Here for Her crop top + skirt era.

She finally ditched the red lipstick.

Everything is on point for Her next era.

ed2305b7.png

@ Never Forever - Share it all absolutely slayed me. I dead was crying. That ending is jusT

if0SE4ABrMmTr.gif

Bless, and I thought everyone was paying one of the top ten songs of the year dusT. It's everything, isn't it? Tough Love is going to be the most beautiful and pleasurable listening experience of the year, even if not the most bop-filled (that's Trouble in Paradise). It was written in collaboration with one of the dudes from the xx and produced by one of ha Devotion producers. It'll be on the Deluxe edition of the album because moneymoneymoney.

Rihposting because it got stuck in between some long-ass posts that y'all skip: Jessie Ware- Share It All

I wonder what a Rihanna-selected Greatest Hits would look like? I have no clue what her favourite songs of her own are, and an album that's been selected by her, possibly including some rejigged album cuts, would be far more interesting than something that we could easily predict ourselves.

And as for Taylord, well, I'm here for whatever it is she's selling this time around (isn't that pink called rose, I thought I heard rumblings about Rose/s as a Taylor thing at some point?), look is effortless as ever

(Rock Goddess Stevie Nicks has just announced her album for release in October, can't the rest of them hurry up
ed2305b7.png
)

Crazy in Love remix sounds like it could be EVERYTHING. Film looks just as awkward and shitty as the book, but it's not like I'll ever be dragged to watch it so meh

Mau ®;122522131 said:
She said her fave song by her is Diamonds.

Her taste in her own songs is spot on *.*

TBH picking the best Rihanna song is basically an impossible task. I could try, but it is fruitless anyway. She is eternal and empyrean, the infinite cosmos personified.

Can I just say that I'm here for Rob's posts on albums everyone should be listening? I don't post a lot here since I guess my tastes tend to slide towards R&B rather than Pop but still I commend you for tying to inform the masses.

large.gif

The téa

I think I'm going to check out Tweet after Robido's stanning. I love Oops Oh My, but I never listened to anything else of hers.

YAAASSSSS MAXWELL!
iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

Ugh, that man just takes me to another dimension when he sings. The neo-soul that drips from his tongue gets me high. He is so amazing truly. My sister is hell bent on seeing him live as well so we're trying to find some tickets. But yes yes yes! This Me'Shell chick is ok, but I don't know if I like her whole nubian urban black freedom poetry type style. Maybe her voice throws me off a bit but she's usable. I have to listen to a couple more songs to get it.

Which brings me to prefer another nubian soul artist that is..

iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

ERYKA BADU!!! YESSSS!

Eryka Badu is everything. So far I've listened up to her third album and haven't finished with her but baduism is naturally her best. Bop after bop after bop. Jill Scott is my mom's favorite artist. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to listen to her full discography but I definitely will with this post. I love those neo soul women like her, Angie Stone, Floetry, Marsha Ambrosius, Indie Arie, Etc.
Thanks y'all!
iIstO8q0olOPT.gif

Bladenic

Note how the perturbed only have the word basic
I guess if you are not covered in vomit or looking like a hoodrat to disguise the lack of talent then you are not worth their time

iWPT2n1OysfH4.gif

Sia's "not showing my face this era lolz" shtick is getting pretty tiring and old.

Mau ®

King Alex (EnigmaticAlex)

I'm making you a Rihanna's Greatest Hits playlist.

Hopefully you'll become a #NVAY afterwards *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom