• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
an album of ballads can work as long as you do something interesting with it, e.g. Devotion

[edit] i love how the ***flawless ***flawless remix replays automatically as soon as you visit the page. they know. they know.

cory64

an album of ballads can work as long as you do something interesting with it, e.g. Devotion

[edit] i love how the ***flawless ***flawless remix replays automatically as soon as you visit the page. they know. they know.
Right? I had that tab pinned for like 4 hours yesterday 😅

Jesus Ware is one of a kind. She just does everything right to silky ballads. To be fair, I would have to listen to his to ultimately come to a consensus, if he does sell it right - which i stand by my "no".

Nicki explains how the remix came to be

via billboard said:
Nicki Minaj called into Hot 97 on Monday morning to share how the remix came to be: "A month or two ago, Gee [Roberson] called me when I was on my way to Vegas and said, 'Beyoncé wants you to remix to 'Flawless.'' After I got proper medical help and started breathing again, I was like, 'What?'

She sent me a version that she wanted. She told me, 'I want you to be you. I don't want you to hold back." I said, 'You sure?' She said, 'Yeah. I want you to be you and do you." I was actually in New York writing the verse. I recorded the verse in New York and she stopped by the studio. She was such a sweetheart. She was hyping me up, 'Do your thing. Don't hold back. Go in.' I was like, 'Okay. Alright,'" she continued.

Not even Nicki is safe from the queens ascendance.

Vitanimus

10467134_10152155194096266_9074760386891015047_o.jpg
how embarrassing

ahh.gif
am i trippin' or did this ho just say my naaaaaame
ahh.gif
i'm so awesome, i'm so fucking awesome
ahh.gif
i just had baby bout a week agoooooh
ahh.gif

fucking hell. I think this is the first song that's ever made me legitimately full-on cackle.

oh my god she pitched Bey's verse like people do on YT vids so they can't be taken down :rip:

she couldn't even be bothered to get one decent selfie :rip:

and she uploaded it to Twitmusic :rip:

why would you do this to yourself

royalan

YAAAAAAAAASSSSS LIL' KIM ATE THAT! GO IN MAMA!!!!

Although, ***Flawfull continues to be wack, and that remix literally goes nowhere.

Yado

Nicki's verse isn't much better tbh. In fact the remix itself is unnecessary as it doesn't improve on the original.

iHf8BkpihRpZq.gif

royalan

Nicki's verse isn't much better tbh. In fact the remix itself is unnecessary as it doesn't improve on the original.

iHf8BkpihRpZq.gif

Hell, the original is BARELY a song if we're being real.

I love the message, but the actual song itself is like someone took a bunch of hood-ass vines and stitched them together. One of the weakest cuts on the album.

JCX

original ***Flawless is one of the best on the album. Forgot how often I wore that song out.

Where is my new GRIMES album?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hell, the original is BARELY a song if we're being real.

I love the message, but the actual song itself is like someone took a bunch of hood-ass vines and stitched them together. One of the weakest cuts on the album.

amazing. even your opinions on the individual songs on BEYONCE are wrong

Anaconda is so ridiculous that it works. The hook is a little bland but I love that old 90s flow. Nicki's everywhere this era, I'll mildly stan for now.

cory64

ybcfrCj.jpg

Nicki is looking right

Anaconda is #1 on iTunes combined [edit] now the explicit version is officially #1
Barbz more powerful than Monsters?

This Is How We Do is hanging out below Royals in the mid 100s

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but NOPE
we escalate
up in this bitch like elevators
of course sometimes shit go down when it's a billion dollars on an elevator
of course sometimes shit go down when it's a billion dollars on an elevator!

iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom