• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh would you look at that it appears that I'm busy that week
until the end of time
iqMA1q9rPXzKk.gif

Nemesis_

Get into this Australian flop, Jessica Mauboy. She has played Eurovision and Glasgow.

jessica_mauboy_official_dec08_smile_white_plunging_top_300x400.jpg

Never Be The Same
Been Waiting

She probably has better songs but I don't care enough about her to listen to them but I feel like these two songs are good bops from my motherland so yes please listen

Looking forward to not listening to the next Taylor Swoft single and then randomly hearing it 4 months later and having a completely indifferent reaction to it

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Good for ha, this era has been a mess which is a shame as the album is actually pretty decent

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Looking forward to not listening to the next Taylor Swoft single and then randomly hearing it 4 months later and having a completely indifferent reaction to it

You're going to seal yourself in a cave for four months?

Sis just remember to gather enough nuts and berries to make it thru the Swinter.

YAAASSSS
Flawless Remix
Grown Woman
YONCÉ
***Flawless
No Angel
Blue

okrrrrrr
Standing on the Sun
Pretty Hurts
Drunk In Love
Blow
Partition
Ghost

eh
Haunted
Bow Down
XO
Jealous
Rocket
Heaven

qorl.
Mine
Superpower

No Angel is gorgeous, you betta get into it.

Ready for you to let Mine in. It will happen eventually.

Matt_

OMG
like everything is gifable
her in that fire motocross suit
slay mama

Latch

YAAASSSS
Flawless Remix
Grown Woman
YONCÉ
***Flawless
No Angel
Blue

okrrrrrr
Standing on the Sun
Pretty Hurts
Drunk In Love
Blow
Partition
Ghost

eh
Haunted
Bow Down
XO
Jealous
Rocket
Heaven

qorl.
Mine
Superpower

I fear for your soul

fucking hell can bey and nicki put that remix out on itunes now

i want to give them my money

also FKA Twigs's album is up for streaming on iTunes, iirc the final track Kicks didn't leak but it's there now for your listening pleasure. And (Your Faves Should) Give Up is the Free Single of the Week. Do your bit for the goddess Tahliah, and remember to actually buy the fucking thing next week if it really is your album of the year.

tumblr_n7ozxdbkKK1qa4iv8o1_500.gif

Neptune

fucking hell can bey and nicki put that remix out on itunes now

i want to give them my money
The "Drunk In Love" remix with Kanye was never put out for sale, was it? I remember looking for it around when it came out but coming up short. Unless the song is getting a new single push, the same might happen with the "***Flawless" remix.

Mariah drops Jermaine Dupri as manager and will likely join up with Kevin Lyles.
When I suspected that You're Mine (Eternal) would be the direction the album would take (i.e. blindly chasing that TEoM sound and failing to capture its energy), I would have agreed. I even posted extensively about how Dupri's creative lethargy was sinking Mariah's chances of future musical relevance.

Now that it turned out my suspicions were incorrect and that MIAMTEC is actually a wonderfully varied and musically distinct album, maybe he's not the one to blame gurL...

Touchdown

Banned
When I suspected that You're Mine (Eternal) would be the direction the album would take (i.e. blindly chasing that TEoM sound and failing to capture its energy), I would have agreed. I even posted extensively about how Dupri's creative lethargy was sinking Mariah's chances of future musical relevance.

Now that it turned out my suspicions were incorrect and that MIAMTEC is actually a wonderfully varied and musically distinct album, maybe he's not the one to blame gurL...

I think he's great too in terms of working creatively with Mariah on the music itself, but as her manager he was terrible.

I think he's great too in terms of working creatively with Mariah on the music itself, but as her manager he was terrible.
That is true. As far as A&R goes, maybe her new manager will seek out a more adventurous sound for her.

Now that Dupri is hopefully out of the picture completely, she can find her own Boots or DJ Premier - in other words, an unexpected producer who can bring out something new in her. Otherwise, any pop girl will continue to stagnate.

...Well, except for La Perra. It seems like Dr. Luke's paint-by-numbers production will never go out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom