• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

You Girls are NOT going to ignore Kimbra's New Song!

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

I've been listening to it nonstop all night. I can't get over it.

All of Kimbra's new songs. This is the type of music you get from an artist who knows who she is what she wants to be. Just...really flawless.

Kimbra might now be in my Top 3. That puts her one step away from GODTINA. Girls, this is major.

ibb7RcTIgxfIm0.gif

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

All of Kimbra's new songs. This is the type of music you get from an artist who knows who she is what she wants to be. Just...really flawless.

Kimbra might now be in my Top 3. That puts her one step away from GODTINA. Girls, this is major.

ibb7RcTIgxfIm0.gif
Yes, slick track. Probably one of New Zealand's top 10 or 20 songs this year so far.

Definitely check out 4hero if you like that sound too, dreamy millennium vibes.

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

ibb7RcTIgxfIm0.gif

Yeah its a good song. I heard it a while back and added it to my July Playlist on Soundcloud where it gets it usual cycle. I feel she is kind of being slept on though :(

Aguila

#ICONIC
Love In High Places is my favorite song so far from the Godly Echo.

I was jogging on this path through some woods once and it came on. It was magic.
25793bfd.gif

MIMIC

Banned
Before she was a bankrupt reality TV star, Toni Braxton had an actual music career, and she slayed on a pretty consistent basis. Her first album was pretty good. Have at it.

i1sFRlemZDG8h.jpg

"Another Sad Love Song"
"Breathe Again"
"Seven Whole Days" #YaaaasBitch
"Love Affair"
"Candlelight"
"Spending My Time with You"
"Love Shoulda Brought You Home"
"I Belong to You"
"How Many Ways"
"You Mean the World to Me"
"Best Friend"
"Breathe Again" (Reprise)
-------------------------------------------------

My mom had this album on constant repeat when she would take me and my brother with her when she would run errands. I know every last word of almost every song, lol

SHOOOOOO me how you feel.
BAAAAAby I'm for real.
Oh baby, baby, ba-ba-baby
BA-BYYYYYYYYYY

Where's TLC?

Vazduh

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

ibb7RcTIgxfIm0.gif

I've been obsessed with that song ever since it was released. Maybe moreso because it was co-written/co-produced by Daniel Johns, and it really sounds like a lost Silverchair/The Dissociatives' song. Can't wait for her album to drop, because all of the songs she has released so far are amazing.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ok so I'm really liking this G.R.L. - Ugly Heart song but what the fuck is that video?
I mean, given the subject matter they could have easily have done a video where they just o on dates with models that act like complete cunts but instead they do some weird going to jail video that makes no sense?

edit; What kind of America teas, a year old song is currently sitting atop the UK chart
I've never heard it either

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

Miracle

ibb7RcTIgxfIm0.gif

what kind of reductive Blow teas

not feeling it

Mau ®;124172900 said:
Isn't the ballad side from Bey's "I am..Sasha Fierce" lovely?

I think it is.

Halo is okay, that's probably the best really. it wasn't until 4 that Beyonce's artistry really took flight tho

Given that y'all were talking about thin-voiced Jhene Aiko last page, here's her album artwork:
It's very pretty. I like it quite a lot actually, it's different to most of what we've seen all year. Album releases September 9th.

'New' Stevie Nicks song, The Dealer, as part of her 24 Karat Gold: Songs from The Vault album releasing on 6th October. It's cute, I like it. Very old-school. And her voice is still everything for a... 66 year old? I think.

This is the Amy Lee thing y'all were hyped about:
Pre-order now on iTunes (I think a lot of them are instrumentals)

And there's a rumour that iamamiwhoami videos could be coming every two weeks from now on until the release of the album. So maybe cautiously start hyping August 19th? Idk.

Mau ®;124172900 said:
Isn't the ballad side from Bey's "I am..Sasha Fierce" lovely?

I think it is.

Disappear, Halo and Smash Into You are great songs. Too bad most of her "I Am..." side wasn't original work, but you never really know with Beyonce. She tends to make the definitive version anyhow.

4 added more craftsmanship to her palate but I did love the subtle soft-rock elements of her Sasha Fierce ballads. It almost sucks that she improves so markedly with each release that she makes her preceding release seem a bit archaic in retrospect. I can barely sit through B'Day now that I know what she's capable of with SELF-TITLED

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't hear any similarity between them other than a beat change midway through.

Beyonce's take on disco is grimy dance floor funk, while Kimbra's is dreamy Xanadu dance hall realness. Two vastly different moods.

on second listening i guess the vocals on the kimbra song aren't quite the breathy come to bed vocals i clocked them for the first time around, the chorus is much bigger, yeah

still not really feeling it though

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Well I'm utterly shocked
My dad, my mum and my mums bestfriend all, with a straight face, told me at dinner that Aqua's album was really good.
I just don't believe it

edit; adognalbnqeilrbn
their first album sold 14m what on earth

tap your glass is a certified ANTHEM, you should get into it if you haven't yet

9dd.gif

MESS

iywbRgtbbwV9F.gif

Given that y'all were talking about thin-voiced Jhene Aiko last page, here's her album artwork:

It's very pretty. I like it quite a lot actually, it's different to most of what we've seen all year. Album releases September 9th.

'New' Stevie Nicks song, The Dealer, as part of her 24 Karat Gold: Songs from The Vault album releasing on 6th October. It's cute, I like it. Very old-school. And her voice is still everything for a... 66 year old? I think.

This is the Amy Lee thing y'all were hyped about:

Pre-order now on iTunes (I think a lot of them are instrumentals)

And there's a rumour that iamamiwhoami videos could be coming every two weeks from now on until the release of the album. So maybe cautiously start hyping August 19th? Idk.

Yeah I guess it's mostly stuff from the War Story soundtrack. I hope she doesn't consider this her solo album though. Either way I'm excited.

The Pressure by Jhene Aiko is pretty good, I'll give her album a listen.

Ohhh and the theory of iamamiwhoami videos coming every two weeks (like the Kin era) better be true. That would be perfect!

^ Did you have fun at Barbz yesterday? I ended up dancing up by the stage but forgot to text you :(

Spice Girls' "Who Do You Think You Are" came on and I almost kicked a wayward gay in attempting the choreography. Sorrynotsorry

It was a sweaty mess

Yado

I think that Joseline audio is lifted from that video of her high in the studio, sweating & rambling like a crackhead

^ Did you have fun at Barbz yesterday? I ended up dancing up by the stage but forgot to text you :(

Spice Girls' "Who Do You Think You Are" came on and I almost kicked a wayward gay in attempting the choreography. Sorrynotsorry

It was a sweaty mess

My friends left me but yeah I had fun. lol I ended up dancing with some random guy. embarrassing. Would have liked to have seen your attempted choreography instead.

I noticed Spice Girls came on, that was great.

Tuezgayz is always a fun, hot and sweaty mess. I love it. Though seeing the same stuck up dudes there is annoying but that's for another topic.

B-Dex

Not the 500 YouTube links crashing my safari on this page.

In other news I was going to attempt a weekly Canadian Bop post but honestly there aren't even new songs worth mentioning on a weekly basis. So I've come up with another idea and I'll post about it soon.

Nicki Minaj Tv
A reputable source I'm sure

In all seriousness I await Azealia's inevitable verse

Im here for it too. It's guaranteed she will kill it

tumblr_inline_mvr696vH4l1r2q4zh.gif

What in the name of...
DeadBanana.gif

Her "song" Been Gettin' Money was also of premium quality! It's always great for a laugh, btw.

Joseline is a joke all around but sometimes in Hip Hop, you need the comedic pause. I appreciate her services. I wish I could rate her customer service and give her an A+

Anaconda has grown on me

tumblr_n95kttBkaS1tvnlsbo1_250.gif

Agreed. I don't know but it just clicked after a couple of listens

iA2GeBy0xc60V.gif

Vitanimus

I TOOK THE STARS FROM MY EYES, AND THEN I MADE A MAP
AND KNEW THAT SOMEHOW I COULD FIND MY WAY BACK
THEN I HEARD YOUR HEART BEATING, YOU WERE IN THE DARKNESS TOO
SO I STAYED IN THE DARKNESS WITH YOU

THE STARS, THE MOON, THEY HAVE ALL BEEN BLOWN OUT
YOU LEFT ME IN THE DARK
NO DAWN, NO DAY, I'M ALWAYS IN THIS TWILIGHT
IN THE SHADOW OF YOUR HEEEEEEEEEEEART

tumblr_inline_n8oh2nh84g1qi0m8v.gif

Nemesis_

Well I'm utterly shocked
My dad, my mum and my mums bestfriend all, with a straight face, told me at dinner that Aqua's album was really good.
I just don't believe it

edit; adognalbnqeilrbn
their first album sold 14m what on earth

They were actually really good live, I saw them last year. Very energetic and most of their hits were retooled with new production to be much more modern. I was legitimately impressed, because we just bought tickets thinking it would be a fun yet embarrassing night out since they were so cheap 😌

Mumei

To be fair to Mimi, she's reached a status where she'll never be truly "over". And if Cher could make a comeback at the age of 50+, why not Mariah?

How many female singers in pop music have made comebacks past-40?

He's wrong though, because Problem is her worst case yet of straining her voice beyond its comfortable range.

I'm officially perched anyway, though. This year is sad.

She sounded so out of breath throughout the performance. I thought it might've just been because she was at the end of the song, but I listened from the beginning and it was like that the whole time.

Atlantis

I TOOK THE STARS FROM MY EYES, AND THEN I MADE A MAP
AND KNEW THAT SOMEHOW I COULD FIND MY WAY BACK
THEN I HEARD YOUR HEART BEATING, YOU WERE IN THE DARKNESS TOO
SO I STAYED IN THE DARKNESS WITH YOU

THE STARS, THE MOON, THEY HAVE ALL BEEN BLOWN OUT
YOU LEFT ME IN THE DARK
NO DAWN, NO DAY, I'M ALWAYS IN THIS TWILIGHT
IN THE SHADOW OF YOUR HEEEEEEEEEEEART

fef19ec0_ir11aTpJYy8gp.gif

The song will be about a cat she killed and stuffed.

Do we really need more Taylor songs about stuffing pussy? Over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom