• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iCdZ9596VfOav.gif

a-6fA-lLNErx73Hykp4goYD1dBnRgiyXKLoDKh0a4zVR1EwqA7OHSWfwEgzXwrd8yFOexiWGj4NPXejEhQtAJg_reVMGtZWSFpfbWskGtJSu1QYjxcaSaCc7jNVhzQ

DWUW solo version is both perfectly fine and absolutely terrible. It's weird. The song doesn't feel as effective when there's less going on, and I really still love R Kelly's version the most (Christina's is growing on me but I still don't take it too seriously... ironic I know). There's a breezy quality to the original version and I love their voices together.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
DWUW solo version is both perfectly fine and absolutely terrible. It's weird. The song doesn't feel as effective when there's less going on, and I really still love R Kelly's version the most (Christina's is growing on me but I still don't take it too seriously... ironic I know). There's a breezy quality to the original version and I love their voices together.

The problem with the song is that you can tell easily the song was made for a duet. R.Kelly version not because its the original song but simply because it had better connection with the story in the song than the Christina version which lets be honest it wasnt bad but it was bland.

The problem with the song is that you can tell easily the song was made for a duet. R.Kelly version not because its the original song but simply because it had better connection with the story in the song than the Christina version which lets be honest it wasnt bad but it was bland.

The song works well because it addresses critics in an abstract way but also works as a literal pop song. Christina's version took out the literal part, and just went with the "come at me haters" mantra that Gaga already sings about in the first verse. Kind of a redundant approach, but Gaga wrote those lyrics in the first place so I can't really fault Xtina herself for it. You can tell that she found the topic to be too abstract which was probably why she wanted to go someone with some R&B cred to fill that role.

What a cute lil bop, flawless as per Aguila sis.
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

edit: downloading Imogen Heap's Speak For Yourself, what're the bops of the album?

I really like Daylight Robbery, Goodnight and Go, The Moment I Said It, Just For Now and of course Hide and Seek . There's a lot of bops on that album.

Also Frou Frou's album Details is some of Imogen Heaps best work, you should check it out if you haven't already.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm in line at Roseland. Little Monsters. Holy f. It's cold and rainy. Wear some real clothes. Disgraceful.

cory64

I miss when pop had to be created within the context of hip-hop, it gave us some great albums that really experimented with the sound of pop.

royalan

Beyonce on the cover of a queer magazine called Out when she's never been Outspoken for queer or gay rights a day in ha career. What a mess.

Bladenic

Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points