• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
Does anyone listen to Elliphant? She released a new EP a few days ago and it's nice.

Let me post some highlights: Down On Life (the EP has this mix tho), All Or Nothing, Booty Killah, Revolusion, Only Getting Younger.

tumblr_inline_n23c4lQxfp1rclk6t.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I welcome new music but Gaga needs to move on from the rotting corpse that is the Artpop brand. Unless GUY somehow becomes a worldwide smash, this era needs to die quicker.

Unless we get The Artpop Monster... lordT.

No, she needs 300k more copies then she can move on
Act 2 as an EP will do that

i6hryl9R42yxx.gif

3phemeral

I welcome new music but Gaga needs to move on from the rotting corpse that is the Artpop brand. Unless GUY somehow becomes a worldwide smash, this era needs to die quicker.

Unless we get The Artpop Monster... lordT.

I like the fact that she's so hellbent on pushing her music. I think it's reflective of how much she cares about her work and despite public response, how much she's willing to push for it to succeed. I mean, isn't that how Just Dance picked up? Her relentless promotion? Only that back then, she wasn't ever at risk of oversaturating herself. I just wish she chose better singles to promote.

iVBsb0hTonLko.gif

Vazduh

2 On by Tinashe SLAYS.

Wait, I somehow missed this one, this is fire! Let me bust a move.

f6SEKOo.gif

Yes! I love frankmusik! Only thing however is his new stuff is kind of lame. His magnus opus "Complete Me" remains unbothered.

Complete Me was so good. I don't know what happened to him since then, but he needs to get it together. I didn't even bother to check most of his newer stuff, the singles were too boring.

Does anyone listen to Elliphant? She released a new EP a few days ago and it's nice. Let me post some highlights:

Damn! And to think Miley had the audacity to call her album Bangerz. Now these are true bangers!

For the end of this post, I'm just going to link Matt_'s post from the previous OT in the hope that more people will give ASTR a listen. What a great EP, if their upcoming album will be like that, it's going to smash.

cory64

Well the last time an artist wanted to release two albums within a few months of each other and was denied by their label it didn't end well.

Zero315

Banned
Paging botfly-suS for this amazing intellectual reflection on Degrassi circa when it was good.

I miss the OG (well, new-gen OG) cast so, so very much

r663058_4763107.jpg

:-(

OG Next Generation Degrassi was the shit! Loved the fact that the show had the balls to not only tackle tough issues, but to follow through and make them have lasting impacts in the characters. Like the school shooting, Paige being raped, J.T.'s murder, etc. Damn, now I want to rewatch it.

Vazduh

Well, I'll be...

According to The Sun newspaper, James was given the boot after writing a rap which glamourised terrorism. The tabloid claims that the song’s lyrics include the line “I’m gonna blow up your family like I’m a terrorist.” James defended the lyrics, claiming they were from the point of view of a “demented fan”.

CQi4BP4.gif

I'm surprised this homophobic and teenage-chasing pig hadn't been dropped earlier, tbh.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ooh are people talking about Tinashe? I've been listening to her mixtape loads recently, she has a lovely vibe. 2 On is great as is the TokiMonsta remix

Stop with dat Chris Martin wannabe!

COMELEA.gif

Is that a dog?

botty

Banned
Paging botfly-suS for this amazing intellectual reflection on Degrassi circa when it was good.

I miss the OG (well, new-gen OG) cast so, so very much

r663058_4763107.jpg

:-(

Oh, Leona *.*

Degrassi truly is the foamy goodness atop whatever coffeé beverage anyone subscribes to. No other teen drama ever could, really. The only thing this article missed was that Degrassi managed to capture the most literal "ugly duckling" transmation in television history: Emma. The only thing I never got from this show was a death scene that topped the one from Degrassi High when the emo kid offed himself because he couldn't get Caitlin's over achieving poontang. Dire.

Skins 1-4 came quite close, though

Vitanimus

I've realized I love Ellie GOULDING. So many fucking bops. Queen.

Same. When I first listened to Halycon it sounded so dry and serious but now I really appreciate it. There's a lot of hooks in there I didn't catch on on a first listen. Going back to Lights is kinda hard, it sounds so basic.

Also, I'm not ready for GoT.
iID6gWtfb8Beh.gif

Koodo

Banned
I remember the moment I experienced Halcyon with my then-newly acquired headphones.

... and noticed the horrendously trash mixing throughout the album. Truly vomit in aural form.

Touchdown

Banned
I remember the moment I experienced Halcyon with my then-newly acquired headphones.

... and noticed the horrendously trash mixing throughout the album. Truly vomit in aural form.

You just reminded me I need new headphones. :( Anybody have any recommendations? eeeeh and budget is around 100.00.

EDIT: wait there's a thread for that somewhere around here. nvmd. Still value the good popgaf's recommendations though.

cory64

You just reminded me I need new headphones. :( Anybody have any recommendations? eeeeh and budget is around 100.00.

EDIT: wait there's a thread for that somewhere around here. nvmd. Still value the good popgaf's recommendations though.

That depends on whether or not you plan on listening to Xtina.

cory64

Be ready to eat crow when Xtina comes to slay later this year.

But for audio quality? The receipts do NOT lie sis.

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Christina Aguilera / Lotus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR4       -0.11 dB    -7.82 dB      3:18 01-Lotus Intro
DR4       -0.44 dB    -6.58 dB      3:27 02-Army Of Me
DR5        0.00 dB    -6.16 dB      3:06 03-Red Hot Kinda Love
DR4       -0.09 dB    -5.74 dB      3:00 04-Make The World Move (feat. CeeLo Green)
DR6        0.00 dB    -7.83 dB      4:00 05-Your Body
DR3       -0.10 dB    -4.64 dB      3:22 06-Let There Be Love
DR5       -0.10 dB    -7.35 dB      4:01 07-Sing For Me
DR6       -0.59 dB    -9.69 dB      4:06 08-Blank Page
DR5       -0.10 dB    -6.73 dB      4:08 09-Cease Fire
DR3       -0.01 dB    -4.61 dB      3:25 10-Around The World
DR5       -0.10 dB    -6.60 dB      3:26 11-Circles
DR5       -0.10 dB    -8.14 dB      4:08 12-Best Of Me
DR5       -0.10 dB    -6.28 dB      4:16 13-Just A Fool (feat. Blake Shelton)
DR4       -0.10 dB    -6.75 dB      3:32 14-Light Up The Sky
DR5       -0.10 dB    -7.86 dB      3:48 15-Empty Words
DR4       -0.82 dB    -5.58 dB      2:54 16-Shut Up

Number of tracks:  16
Official DR value: DR5

Samplerate:        44100 Hz
Channels:          2
Bits per sample:   16
Bitrate:           981 kbps
Codec:             FLAC
================================================================================

Code:
Analyzed: Rihanna / Unapologetic (13)

DR5       -0.01 dB    -7.27 dB      3:42 01-Phresh Out The Runway
DR5       -0.01 dB    -6.91 dB      3:45 01-Diamonds
DR6       -0.01 dB    -8.05 dB      3:25 02-Numb
DR5       -0.01 dB    -7.09 dB      2:41 03-Pour It Up
DR7       -0.01 dB    -8.97 dB      4:16 04-Loveeeeeee Song
DR5       -0.01 dB    -7.36 dB      4:24 05-Jump
DR6       -0.01 dB    -7.81 dB      3:02 06-Right Now
DR4       -1.18 dB    -7.58 dB      4:03 07-What Now
DR8       -0.24 dB   -11.13 dB      4:01 08-Stay
DR6       -0.01 dB    -7.11 dB      3:36 09-Nobody's Business
DR7       -0.01 dB    -8.51 dB      6:59 10-Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary
DR7       -0.01 dB    -7.85 dB      3:32 11-Get It Over With
DR6       -0.01 dB    -7.02 dB      4:09 12-No Love Allowed
DR6       -0.01 dB    -7.07 dB      3:36 13-Lost In Paradise

Number of tracks:  13
Official DR value: DR6

Samplerate:        44100 Hz
Channels:          2
Bits per sample:   16
Bitrate:           1058 kbps
Codec:             FLAC
================================================================================

cory64

Queen.

Code:
Analyzed: Mariah Carey / Emotions

DR11       0.00 dB   -12.66 dB      4:09 01-Emotions
DR11      -0.12 dB   -13.86 dB      4:27 02-And You Don't Remember
DR11      -0.01 dB   -13.02 dB      4:28 03-Can't Let Go
DR[B]13[/B]       0.00 dB   -13.73 dB      5:08 04-Make It Happen
DR11       0.00 dB   -13.56 dB      4:38 05-If It's Over
DR11       0.00 dB   -13.11 dB      5:06 06-You're So Cold
DR11      -0.14 dB   -13.48 dB      4:13 07-So Blessed
DR12      -0.25 dB   -14.15 dB      4:38 08-To Be Around You
DR11      -0.01 dB   -14.47 dB      5:35 09-Till The End of Time
DR12      -0.45 dB   -17.75 dB      4:42 10-The Wind

Number of tracks:  10
Official DR value: DR12

Bladenic

I still need to watch GoT, but don't miss the season finale to an amazing season (4 for 4) of Shameless.

Also, one of the funniest shows on TV, Veep, returns with its S3 premiere tonight. Don't miss it.

Also this is a bop

'Cause we be in the club
Bottles on deck
And God dammit, God dammit
I'm feeling myself
'Cause Imma get it all
And Imma throw it up
Like God dammit, God dammit
I'm feeling myself

Miley her impeccable features

Vazduh

Be ready to eat crow when Xtina comes to slay later this year.

noVOW.gif

Her real comeback has been long overdue.
I'm not counting Lotus.
Cmon, Xtine!

Lana looks great, as always.

Since it's 1 AM here in Croatia, it's time for me to go to bed. But before I do that, I'll leave a few relaxing tunes:

Brothertiger - In Mind, from his second album Future Splendors. Fans of Washed Out and Millionyoung will surely love it.

Shlohmo - It Was Whatever, from his 2011 LP Bad Vibes. Excellent glitch-hop.

Groundislava - Suicide Mission (feat. Baths), from his 2nd album Feel Me.

...and for the very end one that's not exactly relaxing (this one's more euphoric), but the one I keep coming back to over and over again.

Freja Loeb - Never Stop Coming Back. Simply the finest Danish pop, I bet that most of POPGAF would love this song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom