• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

Calvin, his power.

iOjFM3rTEJXtz.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Getting my shit from this YALA remix. Also Touchdown sis, where should I start with Mimi's discography?
jnXsFqMtQiQ38.png

I thought you'd never ask.
ibbxsRfh2xCwWC.gif

OMG!!!... weeeeeelllllllll.....I'd say start from the beginning but there is just so much....Butterfly is my favorite album of hers. :p

Of course gotta start with the album that started it all - Mariah Carey
some notable tracks (my faves) -

Vision of Love(of course) (but specifically this raspy more recent version)
Vanishing
Someday

From Emotions -

Emotions
If It's Over
Make It Happen(one of my favorite versions)

From Music Box -

Dreamlover (David Morales Def Club Remix Version)
Hero(of course)(but this version with Pavarotti slays even tho not her best vocal)

From Merry Christmas -

of course All I Want For Christmas, but this version of O Holy Night is just...
Also, love this version of Joy to the World <333

From Daydream

of course Fantasy(The Remix)
of course Always Be My Baby
of course One Sweet Day
but also - Forever(this version is haunting yet amazing.)
I am Free(one of my ALL TIME faves) <3333

From Butterfly -

of course Honey.(the remix)
of course My All
but some other notable ones (my faves)-

Close My Eyes
**Outside(my all time favorite Mariah song, it makes me cry to this day omg) **
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

From Rainbow -

Can't Take That Away
Against All Odds (specifically this version ft. Westlife LOL - still slays)
**Crybaby(Amazing Amazing Amazing)**
**Petals(another one of my faves)**

From Glitter( Yes Glitter
52b0f867.gif
) -

**** Lead The Way ***

From Charmbracelet -

Nothing except this amazing Oprah performance of My Saving Grace

From The Emancipation of Mimi -

of course We Belong Together (not even gonna link)
**Mine Again**
Your Girl (this is just...cant even describe....)
Slay The Night (oops I mean Stay The Night)

From E=MC2 (one of my all time favorite albums of hers, yes that's right Mumei) -

Love Story
Migrate
I Stay In Love
**Side Effects** (omg another one of my faves)

From Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel -

Betcha Gon' Know
H.A.T.E.U.
Angels Cry ****** Another classic!!!!

more recently -

#Beautiful
You're Mine (Eternal)

And currently getting my life from this amazing dance/club remix - You're Mine (Eternal) (Jermaine Dupri X Kurd Maverick Germany to Southside Remix)

Vazduh

pJe3piE.gif

Watched it on mute. And was that Jason Statham in the video? He appeared for maybe one second.

Lotus was the best mixtape of 2012.

Eh, it was a mess, Christina deserved much better material. I do love Your Body, Blank Page and Let There Be Love, though.
Man, if only she could make an entire album of experimental pop tracks like the ones on Bionic Deluxe, those were fantastic.

Foxes released a new music video: Holding Onto Heaven.

Ooh, I like this very much.

Vazduh

In today's music news, Jessie J has announced she is now straight.

Link.

“Maybe try not speaking in riddles and get straight to the point,” a fan wrote in response to Jessie’s ranting. “You may not need to justify yourself so much.”

Jessie then replied: “I fancy/date/love men and only men. Is that “straight to the point” enough?”

1jfQzEE.gif

Mau ®

The true single from the upcoming break-up album of our generation GHOST STORIES is coming.

"A Sky Full of Stars". Remember that name.

Bionic is one of my favorite Christina albums. Yes I said it.

Bionic (song) is fire and probably the best song on the album. Woohoo! is a funny campy pop romp and helped usher in Nicki Minaj's career and annoying voice to the mainstream. My Girls is a chill alternative-bitch anthem. Desnudate is fire and has some of my favorite Christina vocals. Not Myself Tonight is eternally fun to sing along to and is one of the better "let's go out to party" club bangers I know. Vanity is a drag queen's best friend.

Not to mention that iconic album cover and the infamous impact it had on POPGAF and its shade material. It had the haters laughing and the fans in a state of self-loathing. It turned our community on its head, for better or for worse. But besides all of that, it was still a pretty damn good pop album. Let her in like it's 2010, children.

{Bi~on~ic}

Bionic (song) is fire and probably the best song on the album. Woohoo! is a funny campy pop romp and helped usher in Nicki Minaj's career and annoying voice to the mainstream. My Girls is a chill alternative-bitch anthem. Desnudate is fire and has some of my favorite Christina vocals. Not Myself Tonight is eternally fun to sing along to and is one of the better "let's go out to party" club bangers I know. Vanity is a drag queen's best friend.

Not to mention that iconic album cover and the infamous impact it had on POPGAF and its shade material. It had the haters laughing and the fans in a state of self-loathing. It turned our community on its head, for better or for worse. But besides all of that, it was still a pretty damn good pop album. Let her in like it's 2010, children.

{Bi~on~ic}

off the deep end, people. her ARTPOP could mean anything!

{Bi~on~ic}

I love you. Bionic is one of my favourite albums ever.

On a side note, I'm feeling very emotional right now. I have been listening to my Jade Valerie albums and I miss her so much right now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Currently suffering from secondhand embarrassment at drag race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom