• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Ground is so good. #icant

All Too Well tho >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

not that overrated (but still excellent) song

iLvphciiyWIri.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Reformed Bisexual Jessie J has revealed the cover and tracklisting for her third album.

8. Seal Me With a Kiss (feat. De La Soul)

Not Jessie J, of all people, managing to bring De La Soul back into the public view.

I find it pretty interesting that twigs and Lana are exploring similar concepts when it comes to their music and videos where the woman is somehow being dominated by the man.

Twigs exudes more of a personal helplessness with tinges of kink/domination; Lana's just white trash with serious daddy issues.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I had such a DIVINE dream
Gaga and Britney were both performing Toxic on stage at the peak of their games and it was absolutely fucking everything

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmt.

Black Widow goes in a bit. But I can't help but imagine how much better it would be without Iggy and Rita attached to it. Katy should have kept it for herself.

[edit]: God, Iggy's "rapping" is insufferable. But that hook. :negman:

I'm on some dumb shit, by the way, what he say?
He can tell I ain't missing no meals
Come through and fuck him in my automobile
Let him eat it with his grills and he tellin' me to chill
And he telling me it's real, that he love my sex appeal
Say he don't like 'em boney, he want something he can grab
So I pulled up in the Jag, and I hit him with the jab like
Dun-d-d-dun-dun-d-d-dun-dun

This part is so fucking amazing, go IN ONIKA

iLvphciiyWIri.gif

I've lost interest in Rihanna at this point, she can stick to modelling. I'm more here for the rumours of Florence and/or Marina releasing before the end of the year.

Drumming Song and Homewrecker >>>>>>>>>>

Anyway, I got my wig snatched by an Emeli Sande stan on Twitter
Be sure!

This bops too

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Isn't she like pink ie one of the best selling artists of the decade even though nobody knows who's buying them

Anaconda is really good tbh.
What is with artists releasing songs on iTunes late in the UK? Now that the charts include streaming it's really pointless. I mean, Oct 5 for Anaconda?

Servbot24

Banned
Catching up on pop albums today.

First up

20140627_53ad9777e6f5f.jpg

Soooooo goooood *_*

for the most part

Song of the Year Candidate

i just love sparkly-eyed pop and this hits the spot. little too hazy (don't wuss out, let your sound hang out), but that's ok, this is dreamy and lovely <3

Next is Arianna. It's not going to live up to Yours Truly is it :(

Servbot24

Banned
Which song are you up to?

I finished it, nothing very notable on first listen.

Can any of you recommend similar artist as FKA twigs?

I need more experimental RnB/soul music in my life.

Jessie Lanza, Shura, Alpines, MØ, Autre Ne Veut, Jensen Sportag... I dunno, there are absolute swarms of this stuff right now. I'm assuming you're already listening to Jessie Ware, Weeknd, Miguel, etc.

Catching up on pop albums today.

First up

20140627_53ad9777e6f5f.jpg

Soooooo goooood *_*

for the most part

Song of the Year Candidate

i just love sparkly-eyed pop and this hits the spot. little too hazy (don't wuss out, let your sound hang out), but that's ok, this is dreamy and lovely <3
death i remember anticipating this album for the longest time but then i completely forgot kitten existed.

that song is really good, let me listen to the album

Taylor did an interview in the Guardian and it's really good

As for the endless “is Taylor Swift a feminist?” pieces – well, they can die now. “As a teenager, I didn’t understand that saying you’re a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities. What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men. And now, I think a lot of girls have had a feminist awakening because they understand what the word means. For so long it’s been made to seem like something where you’d picket against the opposite sex, whereas it’s not about that at all. Becoming friends with Lena – without her preaching to me, but just seeing why she believes what she believes, why she says what she says, why she stands for what she stands for – has made me realise that I’ve been taking a feminist stance without actually saying so.”

I mean Lena is a mess but this is a a start
45ab1e3e.gif

The way she sees it, there’s a gender element to such scrutiny. “I really resent the idea that if a woman writes about her feelings, she has too many feelings,” she says. “And I really resent the ‘Be careful, buddy, she’s going to write a song about you’ angle, because it trivialises what I do. It makes it seem like creating art is something you do as a cheap weapon rather than an artistic process. They can say whatever they want about my personal life because I know what my personal life is, and it involves a lot of TV and cats and girlfriends. But I don’t like it when they start to make cheap shots at my songwriting. Because there’s no joke to be made there.”

45ab1e3e.gif

The hysteria and scrutiny came later, with songs like 2010’s Better Than Revenge. Fired at the woman who took her man, rather than the man himself, it includes the snide, “no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity” and a chorus that’s distinctly unsisterly: “She’s an actress, whoa/ But she’s better known for the things that she does/ On the mattress, whoa”.

For a moment, Swift seemed in danger of typecasting herself as a victimised prude. “I was 17 when I wrote that,” she reminds me. “That’s the age you are when you think someone can actually take your boyfriend. Then you grow up and realise no one take someone from you if they don’t want to leave.”

45ab1e3e.gif

d @ me listening to Better Than Revenge while reading that excerpt.

The way she sees it, there’s a gender element to such scrutiny. “I really resent the idea that if a woman writes about her feelings, she has too many feelings,” she says. “And I really resent the ‘Be careful, buddy, she’s going to write a song about you’ angle, because it trivialises what I do. It makes it seem like creating art is something you do as a cheap weapon rather than an artistic process. They can say whatever they want about my personal life because I know what my personal life is, and it involves a lot of TV and cats and girlfriends. But I don’t like it when they start to make cheap shots at my songwriting. Because there’s no joke to be made there.”

This bit is everything. P R E A C H.

The Flop

Banned
Fifth Harmony is perched to pounce on all your favs weaves this weekend.

First up, they redid their album cover.

Fifth-Harmony-Reflection-2014-1000x1000-Final.png

Secondly their album goes for preorder tonight at midnight, just in time for their VMA pre-show performance.

The preorder will give access to a new song

They are coming hard this gen, getting URBAN adds and all!

Also one of them changed their hair color :O

tumblr_narzx8QmCb1svxwvwo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom