• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
now hold the drama

why did yall not report on this

uUhucWp.png

queen delivering this generation's Thriller
ed2305b7.png

Partition

Banned
Also let me just explain my position a bit more clearly since people like Nemesis seem so invested in trying to 'expose' or whatever.

Yes, I run a Gaga fansite, the second most popular forum for her. It started up in summer of 2012. Do you want to know how disappointing it was for me to have our first 'era' as a site be during Gaga's worst one yet? It was like all that work for was such a shitty result. Not only did activity decrease substantially after the album came out (people left the forum, didn't post as much, etc), but it also became increasingly harder for me to pretend to like an album that I clearly didn't enjoy at all.

So I used places like PopGAF and ATRL to express my frustrations because I can't do so on my site. The way I think of it as, it is like a business to me, and I just hate my boss right now. But I am still collecting coins and would like to keep it that way.

In this past year or so where Gaga has been of absolute no interest to me, I took it upon myself to fill that void and discover new artists, like Beyoncé, FKA Twigs, Banks, Lykke Li, and yes, even THE LORD, to name a few (check out my last.fm). What I realized after getting into so many new, stellar artists was that Gaga's discography wasn't really special to me at all. She lacked a certain timeless, classy element that I longed for. And thus, as my dislike towards her music grew, my disdain for her as an artist did as well.

I told the staff of my site already that I will be leaving if Gaga puts out another shit album; because at that point not only would activity diminish again, but it would just become too insufferable to run and pretend to continue to support someone I clearly don't.

So I apologize if it appears I am some undercover Gaga stan who just comes here to pick on Nemesis and call people turds. But that isn't the case, I am just a critical fan who won't put up with her shit.

Yado

Also let me just explain my position a bit more clearly since people like Nemesis seem so invested in trying to 'expose' or whatever.

Yes, I run a Gaga fansite, the second most popular forum for her. It started up in summer of 2012. Do you want to know how disappointing it was for me to have our first 'era' as a site be during Gaga's worst one yet? It was like all that work for was such a shitty result. Not only did activity decrease substantially after the album came out (people left the forum, didn't post as much, etc), but it also became increasingly harder for me to pretend to like an album that I clearly didn't enjoy at all.

So I used places like PopGAF and ATRL to express my frustrations because I can't do so on my site. The way I think of it as, it is like a business to me, and I just hate my boss right now. But I am still collecting coins and would like to keep it that way.

In this past year or so where Gaga has been of absolute no interest to me, I took it upon myself to fill that void and discover new artists, like Beyoncé, FKA Twigs, Banks, Lykke Li, and yes, even THE LORD, to name a few (check out my last.fm). What I realized after getting into so many new, stellar artists was that Gaga's discography wasn't really special to me at all. She lacked a certain timeless, classy element that I longed for. And thus, as my dislike towards her music grew, my disdain for her as an artist did as well.

I told the staff of my site already that I will be leaving if Gaga puts out another shit album; because at that point not only would activity diminish again, but it would just become too insufferable to run and pretend to continue to support someone I clearly don't.

So I apologize if it appears I am some undercover Gaga stan who just comes here to pick on Nemesis and call people turds. But that isn't the case, I am just a critical fan who won't put up with her shit.

I thought we all already knew you ran a Gaga fansite though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
now hold the drama

why did yall not report on this

uUhucWp.png

queen delivering this generation's Thriller
ed2305b7.png

Will she clock #1 with this over Shake it Off?
And why am I not in this kik thing tbh

royalan

Will she clock #1 with this over Shake it Off?
And why am I not in this kik thing tbh

Trust me, it ain't worth it.

KiK is good for one thing and one thing only: When you don't trust the dude you're about to hook up with with your actual number.

Nemesis_

Reformed Bisexual Jessie J has revealed the cover and tracklisting for her third album.

Max Martin, Ricky Reed and Diplo are producing.

jessie-j-sweet-talker-deluxe-400x400.jpg

Standard Edition

1. Ain’t Been Done
2. Burning Up (feat. 2 Chainz)
3. Sweet Talker
4. Bang Bang (feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
5. Fire
6. Personal
7. Masterpiece
8. Seal Me With a Kiss (feat. De La Soul)
9. Said Too Much
10. Loud (feat. Lindsey Stirling)
11. Keep Us Together
12. Get Away

Deluxe Edition

13. Your Loss I’m Found
14. Strip
15. You Don’t Really Know Me​

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but wait at this driveby shade in the following post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48359932&postcount=1276

and a post by effe

ls;gdfk

[edit] and five speculation prior to beyonce de-wigging everyone in the universe kfsg;ldfg

[edit2]
royalan said:
What a pathetic tracklist. I thought Bey wanted everyone to believe she was an icon? This tracklist reeks of more desperation than when we found out Madonna was featuring Nicki Minaj and MIA on her lead single from MDNA. Talk about BASIC LEVEL.

NEVER CHANGE

Ugh I'm so drunk, Kylie is on, some wayward gay next to me is talking about Britney, I feel like I'm trapped in a gay textbook

Halp

Not wayward gay.

You just need Madonna to make an appearance in some form to complete it.

Reformed Bisexual Jessie J has revealed the cover and tracklisting for her third album.

Standard Edition

1. Ain’t Been Done
3. Sweet Talker
5. Fire
6. Personal
7. Masterpiece
9. Said Too Much
11. Keep Us Together
12. Get Away

Deluxe Edition

13. Your Loss I’m Found
14. Strip

Get Away, Your Loss I'm Found, and You Don't Really Know Me.

What kind of self-clocks.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Something in the LP1 thread got me to thinking:

I find it pretty interesting that twigs and Lana are exploring similar concepts when it comes to their music and videos where the woman is somehow being dominated by the man.

iGaJrJMjRNXfY.gif
ibeblTq1Y2yB5P.gif

Most pop girls usually make girl power/break up/general love anthems.

If my man was fighting
Some unholy war
I would be behind him
Straight shook up beside him
With strength he didn't know
It's you I'm fighting for
He can't lose with me in tow
I refuse to let him go
At his side and drunk on pride
We wait for the blow

We put it in writing
But who you writing for
Just us on kitchen floor
Justice done,
Reciting my stomach standing still
Like you're reading my will
He still stands in spite of what his scars say
And I'll battle 'til this bitter finale
Just me, my dignity and this guitar case

Yes my man is fighting some unholy war
And I will stand beside you
And who you dying for
B - I would have died too
I'd have liked too
If my man was fighting
Some unholy war
If my man was fighting

ibnr9n1sfla9us.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

jessie-j-sweet-talker-deluxe-400x400.jpg

Standard Edition

1. Ain’t Been Done
3. Sweet Talker
5. Fire
6. Personal
7. Masterpiece
9. Said Too Much
11. Keep Us Together
12. Get Away

Deluxe Edition

13. Your Loss I’m Found
14. Strip

will pupi stan?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Sucré has released a new song, "Young and Free." Her new EP is coming out on September 2. This has basically replaced "Shake It Off" as my Repeat of the Moment song. I can't wait to see her live again in mid-September.

I played some of her songs in the plug room before, and a couple of you enjoyed her. Hopefully some of you give this a listen. :)

cory64

P will be announcing his next project on GMA on Monday.

Your faves should move to 2015 to avoid his impending REIGN this fall.

Touchdown

Banned
Something in the LP1 thread got me to thinking:

I find it pretty interesting that twigs and Lana are exploring similar concepts when it comes to their music and videos where the woman is somehow being dominated by the man.

iGaJrJMjRNXfY.gif
ibeblTq1Y2yB5P.gif

Most pop girls usually make girl power/break up/general love anthems.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I don't like Lana, She has a lyric in one of her songs "Ill be your Mariah and you can be my Tommy" or something like that, as if she saying she wants to be controlled, a theme in some of her songs. Strange beans.

P will be announcing his next project on GMA on Monday.

Your faves should move to 2015 to avoid his impending REIGN this fall.

Unless he's announcing remasters, I'm not here for it. Him and those 3 flops can keep the Electric Speculum mess he's been yammering on about for the longest.

Spinning like a girl in a brand new dress,
We had this big wide city all to ourselves.
We blocked the noise with the sound of ‘I need you’,
And for the first time I had something to lose,
And I guess we fell apart in the usual way.
And the story’s got dust on every page,
But sometimes I wonder how you think about it now.
And I see your face in every crowd.

Cause darling, it was good never looking down.
And right there where we stood was holy ground.

iLvphciiyWIri.gif

RIP 'Country' Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom