• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

I was looking for a gif of this part

iQ0qCvBDo1rs9.gif

I had to slow ha down in After Effects.

Oh my god

But 1989, as she explains, is shorter on the “jilted, sad, pining”. Instead, “it’s the phase after that, when you go out into the world and make changes in your life on your own terms, make friends on your own terms, without [literally] saying ‘C’mon girls, we can do it on our own!’”
1989 could be Taylor's Beyoncé, a statement of female power

Full of tunes that make you get up and dance too

No pining and wandering disconsolately

Truly the anti-Lana Del Rey

SaintZ

The way she sees it, there’s a gender element to such scrutiny. “I really resent the idea that if a woman writes about her feelings, she has too many feelings,” she says. “And I really resent the ‘Be careful, buddy, she’s going to write a song about you’ angle, because it trivialises what I do. It makes it seem like creating art is something you do as a cheap weapon rather than an artistic process. They can say whatever they want about my personal life because I know what my personal life is, and it involves a lot of TV and cats and girlfriends. But I don’t like it when they start to make cheap shots at my songwriting. Because there’s no joke to be made there.”
Did she really call her songwriting art?

ritanquvd.gif

Either all music is art (yes even Farrah Abraham's audio abortions) or none of it is.

So lettuce not today. Arbitrarily assigning criteria to what makes something art is pointless because everyone will have a different view of what that criteria should be.

ritanquvd.gif

I'm not sure there's a pop artist alive that would hesitate to refer to their craft as an art, and they'd all be justified in doing so. Making art is not special.

Well said.

Most people seem to conflate "I like this" with "this is art" and "I don't like this" with "this isn't art"

If you don't like it, it's still art. It's just art you don't like.

Touchdown

Banned
Either all music is art (yes even Farrah Abraham's audio abortions) or none of it is.

So lettuce not today. Arbitrarily assigning criteria to what makes something art is pointless because everyone will have a different view of what that criteria should be.

ibdVFrZeqceu5U.gif

There's a fine line between art and shit though and some artists straddle that line more than others.

And I hate you for your lies and your covers
And I hate us for making good love to each other
And I love making you jealous but don't judge me
And I know that I'm being hateful but that ain't nothing
That ain't nothing
I'm just jealous
I'm just human
Don't judge me

yes_and_tears.gif

All alone and I'm feeling wanted
Try to wait but my body's calling, you're the one so why don't
You come and rescue me,
I'll be here while you on your way, counting down till I see your face,
Hurry up cause I love the way you rescue me.
Now your're here, come on out, the rain soaking wet
Body glistening, finally we could do something so rescue me,
Can't believe how it's going down,
I'm so obsessed with this love I found it got my head spinning
Round and round just Rescue Me.

iVIOnQQBVXxWx.gif

Servbot24

Banned
There's a fine line between art and shit though and some artists straddle that line more than others.

No there's not. Art is not special. It's not something to be proud of. It's not good or bad by definition, it's just a thing that exists.

Being proud of being an artist is like being proud of owning a hat. Anyone can get a hat. No one gives a shit if you have a hat. They might notice it if you wear it really well, and they might make fun of you if you look like an idiot. Either way no one can say that you're not a hat-wearer, but that's really just a pointless attribute.

Touchdown

Banned
No there's not. Art is not special. It's not something to be proud of. It's not good or bad by definition, it's just a thing that exists.

Being proud of being an artist is like being proud of owning a hat. Anyone can get a hat. No one gives a shit if you have a hat. They might notice it if you wear it really well, and they might make fun of you if you look like an idiot. Either way no one can say that you're not a hat-wearer, but that's really just a pointless attribute.

I know what you're saying yeah but if I wanna say an artist and their song is shit I will. Taylor Swift's song is shit and the video is shit.

iPmtiYWegI1W3.gif

I had a dream last night that I ran into RuPaul (out of drag) on the street, and he had some amazing-looking pancakes that he shared with me. I pulled out my phone and posted on twitter "Mama Ru. Ha generosity." I've been reading too much PopGAF before bed... XD

Anaconda is fantastic, so much better than Pills n Potions. Still hoping for a Starships/Pound the Alarm/Va Va Voom style bop.

I'm wavering between being perched for the VMAs and sort of underwhelmed. Where do we go from the four month pop culture train wreck thrust upon us by the Vyrus and Robin Thicke last year? (Sorry, no good shade names came to mind but he's still a gross embarrassment). But you never know when those little moments can happen, so I'll be tuning in regardless.

Also so fucking excited for the Robyn EP ;_;

cory64

What up pop, brace yourself as I ride on top
Close your eyes as you ride, right out your socks
Double, lose his mind as he grind in the tunnel
Wanna gimme the cash he made off his last bundle
Nasty-girl don't pass me the world
I push the V, not the backseat girl
Don't deep throat the C-note she float
Murder she wrote, and keeps the heat close

get into this artpop

and its iconic remix

iggy and azealia could never

Nemesis_

Gaga performed Brooklyn Nights at the artRave tonight! https://scontent-a-hkg.xx.fbcdn.net...=4957a7c5bfdf21ada79d2096c2f71bf6&oe=53F9E586
ARTPOP Act II re-confirmed

You do NOT want to hear what she told people backstage.

She's putting out new ARTPOP music, dropping the app so she can focus on the music only, and doesn't care if it clashes with cheek to cheek since she knows her fans love new music. It'd also allegedly very dark and more experimental than the tracks on ARTPOP

but Gaga said it so it'll be forgotten about or dropped in a months time

She's putting out new ARTPOP music, dropping the app so she can focus on the music only, and doesn't care if it clashes with cheek to cheek since she knows her fans love new music. It'd also allegedly very dark and more experimental than the tracks on ARTPOP

So basically like BTW? It sounds like she's going back to that.

Vazduh

I know it will never happen, but I'm always here for new music.

Majmun

Shake it Off is a pretty good popsong on paper. Too bad it's sung by Taylor Swift, so it'll never enter my playlist.

Nicki's Anaconda slays btw.

Reformed Bisexual Jessie J has revealed the cover and tracklisting for her third album.

Max Martin, Ricky Reed and Diplo are producing.

jessie-j-sweet-talker-deluxe-400x400.jpg

Standard Edition

1. Ain’t Been Done
2. Burning Up (feat. 2 Chainz)
3. Sweet Talker
4. Bang Bang (feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
5. Fire
6. Personal
7. Masterpiece
8. Seal Me With a Kiss (feat. De La Soul)
9. Said Too Much
10. Loud (feat. Lindsey Stirling)
11. Keep Us Together
12. Get Away

Deluxe Edition

13. Your Loss I’m Found
14. Strip
15. You Don’t Really Know Me​

uh god i wish these pop artists would stop collabing with 2chainz, hes a shitty rapper with a shitty flow with shitty lyrics, hes not original at all. ruins every track hes on.

#GafHIPHopRant

Not even getting my hopes up for that. It'll just be another point on the betrayals list :( I don't know if other pop queens have this problem but Gaga really should keep her mouth shut about things that aren't 100%. It's just disappointing. I would rather not know that there were 75+ possible songs on ARTPOP, because now I'll just be wondering if those other 65 songs were better.

Bladenic

not mau posting 2 late things back to back (the setlist was literally posted like 3 posts above his, and the rita/iggy pic is ancient)

you're a mess bro

anyway

anaconda has a catchy beat but like is nicki serious with those lyrics

moreover the flow is shit. especially the last part about fat bitches or asses or who cares what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom