• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sis, your anti-bottom agenda is transparent.

Get into being versatile.

tumblr_inline_mywtcz5c6W1retwkt.jpg

NOT BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

jxbsjsksldbspdnsplqfbpqndfn

Nemesis_

So nobody asked her about ARTPOP Part Deux? Although I guess the mention of a fifth album answers that question, plus her mention of the managerial troubles and the abandonment of the app.

Yeah, I think she's done with ARTPOP. She wants to finish the artRAVE, move on to finish up Cheek to Cheek and then work on whatever she's planning. She confirmed to us that she was already writing for the new album, but I don't think that would be news to anyone.

another white girl released an album in 2013, and it was the AOTY

get into BEYONCÉ

{h e l p m e}

Mm, but the best albums of 2013 were certainly Sky Ferreira, Beyoncé, V V Brown, Haim, Janelle Monae and Charli XCX. It is known.

although I am about to listen to Grande's debut, could she be a contender?

God I need that Flawless remix to drop ASAP after the VMAs, I keep loading up the website when I'm bored and it continues to shit

So nobody asked her about ARTPOP Part Deux? Although I guess the mention of a fifth album answers that question, plus her mention of the managerial troubles and the abandonment of the app.
I think it's too late for that. ARTPOP era has been such a disappointment though. I remember getting so hyped when she released that description + image about how it would be a "rage" of electronic music chronicling her artistic journey.
lol
But yeah, I think if she was going to release Act II she would've before Cheek to Cheek. I have no idea why she's planning on touring for Cheek to Cheek, though. Seems like it would be taking time out of a proper pop album cycle, which she kind of needs to have to erase what many people view as a "flop" cycle.

Nemesis_

I think that if Gaga is too "around" or "available" then she'll run the risk of becoming Miley where she's just in the zeitgeist so often that people grow tired of her.

I think a break with Cheek To Cheek makes sense because it'll also mean she'll build up brand as a singer because the genre is much more appealing to a broader range of demographics and it possibly might showcase her talent a bit more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Album 5 were to come out sometime in the middle of 2015 or at least a lead single around that point though.

I think that if Gaga is too "around" or "available" then she'll run the risk of becoming Miley where she's just in the zeitgeist so often that people grow tired of her.

I think a break with Cheek To Cheek makes sense because it'll also mean she'll build up brand as a singer because the genre is much more appealing to a broader range of demographics and it possibly might showcase her talent a bit more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Album 5 were to come out sometime in the middle of 2015 or at least a lead single around that point though.
I get what you mean but the hiatus she took after the BTWB really hurt her. She was massive in 2011, disappeared suddenly from the spotlight in 2012 after losing at the Grammys (her last real TV appearance for a while), and then went on even more of a blackout due to her hip injury after months of the media tearing into her for being "fat".

Then she came back in 2013 with a half baked era that was shunted on all sides by either management or other people high up. Like her VMA performance wasn't supposed to be anything like that (the original design/ideas leaked) but MTV's producers said that she had to tone it down so they could focus on Miley.
lol

She's def touring with artRave until the end of November, so I expect the C2C tour (if it's real) to start in Jan 2015. So I guess that does leave her a few months to work on ARTPOP's pop successor. I just hope that she has a really tight plan/concept next era.

Nemesis_

When we were backstage, she was pretty upfront about the tour saying that she'll only tour whatever Tony is able to tour. She'd love it to be global but the guy is 88 years old so a global tour might be too exhausting for him.

I'd not expect the Cheek To Cheek tour to last very long at all in that case.

I wonder what she plans to do with Paradise (the song) though. She mentioned she'd love to put it out as a Christmas single. I wonder if that's going to be more in line with Cheek To Cheek.

I'm actually VERY interested to see what she does after she releases Cheek To Cheek though. I've heard that after she puts that album out that her contract with Interscope will be up. I'm wondering what will happen from that point on.

When we were backstage, she was pretty upfront about the tour saying that she'll only tour whatever Tony is able to tour. She'd love it to be global but the guy is 88 years old so a global tour might be too exhausting for him.
Cool! If you don't mind me asking, when did you go backstage? :)
I'd not expect the Cheek To Cheek tour to last very long at all in that case.
Yeah, I was thinking that too until she said something about the her next tour returning to Japan at the artRave there.
I wonder what she plans to do with Paradise (the song) though. She mentioned she'd love to put it out as a Christmas single. I wonder if that's going to be more in line with Cheek To Cheek.
I hope we get it. I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't on the C2C tracklist but I guess she might be saving it for something larger.
I hope it doesn't become the new TEA/Temple/Onion Girl/Tinnitus

Nemesis_

Cool! If you don't mind me asking, when did you go backstage? :)

Yeah, I was thinking that too until she said something about the her next tour returning to Japan at the artRave there.

I hope we get it. I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't on the C2C tracklist but I guess she might be saving it for something larger.
I hope it doesn't become the new TEA/Temple/Onion Girl/Tinnitus

I met her on the 20th of August.

She did mention some of the individual songs she wrote for the album were too depressing so she cut some of them. Perhaps Paradise was one of them? I'm not sure. But the three songs she played for us were very upbeat (Firefly, Lush Life and BBB) so maybe she's doing something else with the "sadder" songs.

I've definitely got the impression ARTPOP Act II will never happen and is done and dusted.

She said that about us in Australia too. I asked for clarification about that backstage and she was a little less committal mentioning "That is what we plan and hope to do with the album for now". I assume she meant the same for Japan. I mean, is Jazz music all that popular in Japan?

I met her on the 20th of August.

She did mention some of the individual songs she wrote for the album were too depressing so she cut some of them. Perhaps Paradise was one of them? I'm not sure. But the three songs she played for us were very upbeat (Firefly, Lush Life and BBB) so maybe she's doing something else with the "sadder" songs.

I've definitely got the impression ARTPOP Act II will never happen and is done and dusted.
That's awesome. I really want to meet her one day. I just don't want to have to stalk her outside her hotel cus that seems slightly... creepy and I don't like the way a lot of people treat her just to get a photo.

Sad about Act II tho. I wonder if the "insider trading" community has some of the Act II songs though, since they had Brooklyn Nights for a while.

Edit: also I'm still pressed as fuck about the Venus-DWUW mess. I really wish she'd stuck with Venus and avoided the whole DWUW controversy, or just released the damn video and moved on.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Gahh I remember this photo coming out too:

523946.jpg

And I was so hyped because I thought "omg Gaga's taking a sleek minimalist approach to her next album unlike the aural catapult that was Born This Way" but it just turned out to be Born This Way for bottoms

I thought this too!!!!

And the outfits she wore at the beginning of the era >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Fame/BTW era outfits

They matched that sleek minimalistic concept so well

I was so excited for the videos because I thought they would have the same general aesthetic ;_____;

Instead we got 2 (excellent) videos from a 15-song album.

ie4LZvtfDAVRv.gif

#JusticeForVenus

So I actually enjoyed both of Ariana Grande's albums, but for me personally My Everything > Yours Truly. Although it may be because I'm working on an hour's sleep and YT literally sent me to sleep. That duet with a member of The Wanted, in particular. And lettuce not even get started on that awful thing on Popular Song. Thank God she has the star power now to collaborate with innovators like Cashmere Cat.

She still needs to drop Big Sean and his awful voice ASAP, but I like the melodies and composition on ME far more. I still don't understand what she's saying sometimes, but let's not pretend that some *indie darlings* are completely understandable 24/7.

I've done a complete u-turn on Break Free, it's a good bop. I still think she's the worst part of the video but when you're just listening, all is good.

I can think of worse people who could be dominating the charts tbh

Gahh I remember this photo coming out too:

523946.jpg

And I was so hyped because I thought "omg Gaga's taking a sleek minimalist approach to her next album unlike the aural catapult that was Born This Way" but it just turned out to be Born This Way for bottoms

Explains why you like it so much.... right?

cory64

Female albums 2012-present WW sales:
1. Red 6.0
2. Truth About Love 5.5
3. Born to Die 4.8
4. Unapologetic 3.4
4. Our Version of Events 3.4
4. BEYONCÉ 3.4
4. Prism 3.4
8. Pure Heroine 2.6
9. Bangerz 1.8
9. ARTPOP 1.8
11. MDNA 1.6
12. PFRR 1.5
13 Loved Me Back To Life 1.3
14. Wrapped In Red .9
14. ULTRAVIOLENCE .9
16. Shakira. .7
17. Britney Jean .6
17. Yours Truly .6
19. The New Classic .4
20. Kiss Me Once .3
21. Me. I Am Mariah. The Elusive Chanteuse .2

Touchdown

Banned
1. Red 6.0
2. Truth About Love 5.5
3. Born to Die 4.8
4. Unapologetic 3.4
4. BEYONCÉ 3.4
4. Prism 3.4
8. Pure Heroine 2.6
9. Bangerz 1.8
9. ARTPOP 1.8
11. MDNA 1.6
12. PFRR 1.5
14. Wrapped In Red .9
14. ULTRAVIOLENCE .9
16. Shakira. .7
17. Britney Jean .6
17. Yours Truly .6
19. The New Classic .4
20. Kiss Me Once .3

Coming for that top 20!!

ibidC4NrLVH9vd.gif

SaintZ

1. Red 6.0
2. Truth About Love 5.5
3. Born to Die 4.8
4. Unapologetic 3.4
4. BEYONCÉ 3.4
4. Prism 3.4
8. Pure Heroine 2.6
9. Bangerz 1.8
9. ARTPOP 1.8
11. MDNA 1.6
12. PFRR 1.5
14. Wrapped In Red .9
14. ULTRAVIOLENCE .9
16. Shakira. .7
17. Britney Jean .6
17. Yours Truly .6
19. The New Classic .4
20. Kiss Me Once .3
Avril Lavigne has sold 600k WW tho.

1. Red 6.0
2. Truth About Love 5.5
3. Born to Die 4.8
4. Unapologetic 3.4
4. BEYONCÉ 3.4
4. Prism 3.4
8. Pure Heroine 2.6
9. Bangerz 1.8
9. ARTPOP 1.8
11. MDNA 1.6
12. PFRR 1.5
14. Wrapped In Red .9
14. ULTRAVIOLENCE .9
16. Shakira. .7
17. Britney Jean .6
17. Yours Truly .6
19. The New Classic .4
20. Kiss Me Once .3
Mess. I can't even use the "Wrapped in Platinum" moniker yet.

lk6WvwO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom