• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Forbes

i2zMOINAX6Z7.gif

there must be some mistake...beyonce's vma performance was a flop that nobody enjoyed!!!!

Icicle

Hits Daily Double said:
Beyonc� (Columbia) 12-14k

Pathetic considering she had fifteen minutes to herself.

But wait... if that's 1400% higher than last week, that means she sold as few as 800 copies last week.

The decline is real. Her pregnancy was not.

iZD6fbq.gif

Sadly, expecting some people to change their minds on the matter of Beyoncé is like expecting to find a strong dominant man on LittleMonsters.com, or expecting other peoples' faves to get a special birthday celebration at the Grammys Museum free to the public, courtesy of a donation by the LA Department of Cultural Affairs.

It's such a shame that no matter how famous Beyoncé is, nobody is ever going to buy a second copy of self-titled unless they're die-hard members of the HIVe. Everyone that wasn't comatose on December 13th already bought her album, so I guess the drop-off is just too steep when your music is in practically every first-world household already.

The VMAs were just clean-up duty for the poor souls who had not yet had the chance to appreciate self-titled's beauty, but upon hearing the fifteen-minute medley they let in the light and felt empowered enough to go to pole-dancing lessons and have incredible sexual encounters like the rest of us.

Sadly, expecting some people to change their minds on the matter of Beyoncé is like expecting to find a strong dominant man on LittleMonsters.com, or expecting other peoples' faves to get a special birthday celebration at the Grammys Museum free to the public, courtesy of a donation by the LA Department of Cultural Affairs.

It's such a shame that no matter how famous Beyoncé is, nobody is ever going to buy a second copy of self-titled unless they're die-hard members of the HIVe. Everyone that wasn't comatose on December 13th already bought her album, so I guess the drop-off is just too steep when your music is in practically every first-world household already.

The VMAs were just clean-up duty for the poor souls who had not yet had the chance to appreciate self-titled's beauty, but upon hearing the fifteen-minute medley they let in the light and felt empowered enough to go to pole-dancing lessons and have incredible sexual encounters like the rest of us.

Yaaaaas preach to the ignorant. People still find reasons to doubt Beyonce's power, relevance and iconic talent. Making random claims about sales here and there doesn't really say much at the end of the day. She has single-handedly bought out every wig shop on the planet and faves everywhere remain struggling on the daily with chilly scalps because she will ALWAYS be one step ahead of every five headed, candy-coated, shaky-voiced and vomit-covered pop girl who attempts to come for her omnipotent force. The King, Bey. Forever may she reign.

Bladenic

This Is How We Do is flopping so hard, is there any chance it could experience a surge? I sure hope not. Poor Katy, Prism has been a Rihanna level mess of an era.

cory64

This Is How We Do is flopping so hard, is there any chance it could experience a surge? I sure hope not. Poor Katy, Prism has been a Rihanna level mess of an era.

Rihanna has never had 3 full flop singles with videos and everything in one era though, when she swings she usually hits.

R0VEmKr.png

cory64

True, I meant in terms of poor choices and promo but yes, Katy is flopping even harder kiiiii.
The thing is, her team's done the best they could have except for the single choices. And she's still been flopping apart from from radio choosing Dark Horse for her.
Unapologetic was just a damn DISASTER after Stay.

ifvHTMz4TkmdC.gif

Vazduh

OT9 lacked a single reason for existence, let us pray that one will happen for X

Chris Brown - X (September 15, 2014)
Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek 2 Cheek (September 19, 2014)
Lights - Little Machines (September 23, 2014)
Tove Lo - Queen Of The Clouds (September 30, 2014)
Jessie Ware - Tough Love (October 6, 2014)
Betty Who - Take Me When You Go (October 7, 2014)
Jessie J - Sweet Talker (October 13, 2014)
Indiana - No Romeo (October 13, 2014)
Ella Henderson - Chapter One (October 13, 2014)
Charli XCX - Sucker (October 17, 2014)
Taylor Swift - 1989 (October 27, 2014)
Cheryl Cole - Only Human (November 2014)
Kiesza - Kiesza (November 3, 2014)
iamamiwhoami - Blue (November 10, 2014)
Fifth Harmony - Reflection (November 17, 2014)
Rihanna - R8 (Fall 2014)

It should make for an interesting OT, I think
i4cvBQL.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Talking of gags what has she got planned around the 6th of September? Tony Bennet is doing the itunes festival (which she did last year) and I would imagine she would show up for a song or two at least given the fact theyve got a duet album out

Banks - Goddess (September 9, 2014)
Jhene Aiko - Souled Out (September 9, 2014)
Chris Brown - X (September 15, 2014)
Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek 2 Cheek (September 19, 2014)
Lights - Little Machines (September 23, 2014)
Tove Lo - Queen Of The Clouds (September 30, 2014)
Jessie Ware - Tough Love (October 6, 2014)
Tinashe - Aquarius (October 6, 2014)
Betty Who - Take Me When You Go (October 7, 2014)
Jessie J - Sweet Talker (October 13, 2014)
Indiana - No Romeo (October 13, 2014)
Ella Henderson - Chapter One (October 13, 2014)
Charli XCX - Sucker (October 17, 2014)
Taylor Swift - 1989 (October 27, 2014)
Cheryl Cole - Only Human (November 2014)
Kiesza - Kiesza (November 3, 2014)
iamamiwhoami - Blue (November 10, 2014)
Fifth Harmony - Reflection (November 17, 2014)
Rihanna - R8 (Fall 2014)

Gosh, what a collection of flop indie artists, OTX is going to be the death of us

save us Rih Rih, we don't want 'artistic credibility', we want slut anthems

please deliver them to us now

before madonna does :duca:

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom