• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanessa Amorosi - Absolutely Everybody

If we're on a nostalgia binge.

Rita looks really awful in the video, why did she do that?

Because this is the woman who thinks it's fashionable to wear this

W33MZE0.jpg

#pray4FIRO

dont expect the noobs in this thread to understand postmodern application of normcore, so keep trying to come for FIRO. ugh 😒😒😒😒

Styles

I see your face in my mind as I drive away,
Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way.
People are people, and sometimes we change our minds.
But it's killing me to see you go after all this time.

Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt.
Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve.
People are people, and sometimes it doesn't work out,
Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out

I miss Country-Pop Lord already.

i05ls2X52aNnt.gif

cory64

Girl Overboard is giving me mid 90s dance DOWN and I'm here for it. Gay Overboard tbh. Memory of You also slays shits and embarrasses the entire musical output of the United States, though I think it would work even better as an Annie song.

I really need to make a playlist for this album because the default track order isn't as listenable as it should be

cross-posting from another thread where I talk about the dRIHm I had with Rihanna

Basically, Rih would invite me to her tours backstage, or we'd go out and eat at wackdonalds, or we'd be in a green room with her posse and I'd be playing my Vita or 3DS, and she wouldn't even mind in any scenario. She'd wonder why I didn't just ask her for money for better clothes, and I'd keep asking why she wants me to get a new outfit while I'm wearing some plain black pants and shit lol

she was also there for my dad's funeral, which was really sweet

It was a pretty cool dRihm

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Eurgh is anyone else having problems with gaf? Like half the time the page doesn't load at all, then the times it does it cuts off the thread halfway down and just doesn't load the rest of the page although it says it's finished loading.
At first I thought it was because my internet was slow but I can watch hd stuff on Netflix and youtube no problem, then I fiddled round with adblock but that did nothing and then I tried it in Internet Explorer but it had the same problem there too.
I don't want to miss the good drags from last page :(

edit; theres a thread in ot never mind

Girl Overboard is giving me mid 90s dance DOWN and I'm here for it. Gay Overboard tbh. Memory of You also slays shits and embarrasses the entire musical output of the United States, though I think it would work even better as an Annie song.

Yes you better stan for two of my top ten Gods songs 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Memory of You is basically a Kimberley solo with a Nicola assist at the top of the second verse which is why it sounded like it could be a solid Annie song to you because it's the most obvious one that could work (aside from Crazy Fool)

Queen Godberts actually rihcorded her own solo version as a Cinderella's Eyes B-Side, on my phone right now so I can't link it but it's really good too.

I really need to make a playlist for this album because the default track order isn't as listenable as it should be

Yeah, it's in chronological order running backwards on the first disc, aside from SN, OTM, BCYLM and ENAT which were all recorded for the tenth anniversary. So you get I'll Stand By You taking the wind out of the sails just because. It's practically wall to wall bops aside from that.

Then the second disc is chronological order running forwards, which works better for me, but it creates a bizarre contrast. Listening to the whole thing for 100 minutes can feel kinda jumpy in terms of mood and musical style, because they certainly never made the same album twice.

Wow, apparently Rihanna's debut album Music Of The Sun came out on this day nine years ago!

Let me continue to pay it absolute dust.

Btw, Cory, if you're enjoying Call The Shots, Sexy! No No No... and Girl Overboard, let me strongly advise you to listen to the magnum opus of the Gods
Tangled_Up.jpg

One of the top five bop collections of the past ten years that isn't a compilation (other four are Blackout, Body Talk, Overpowered and Confessions)

Man get up!
We're gonna start this fire
Tangled up!
Because I know I should
Can't get up!
Watch the flames go higher
Tangled up!
We're gonna need more wood

Got so close to love
I can almost taste the kill
Barely close enough
But I could not make the deal
Got so close to love
I can almost taste the kill
Barely close enough
But I just can't close the deal

Peru

Music Of The Sun is better than most Rihanna albums. Well, all of them except for Rated R. It's certainly flawed but I always find her the most appealing when she's looking to her island roots musically. Hope she goes there again.

You hooked me line and sinker, I fell
Ooh you're like the heavens in hell
You took me high and blinkered I fell
Ooh you're like the kiss and the tell

You're keeping control of the knife
But I'm not your darling
It's keeping me cold in the nights
But honey you're starving

nadine-flawless.gif

As a literature student, I can tell you that every reference to knives/piercing objects is a penis metaphor

Forbes
Having not only the most screen time but perhaps the best performance, Beyoncé saw some of the biggest gains in sales after the show. Her Beyoncé album rose from #40 to #7 on iTunes, increasing in sales by more than 1,400%. It is worth noting that the album was released in December, where it immediately went to number one, and has continued to sell ever since, so rising in sales over 1,000% is a feat not to be underestimated.

On top of that, every song she performed—if only for one verse or for less than a minute—also saw impressive gains. In order of how much each track grew in sales, here are her tracks: “XO” (up 1,648%), “Flawless” (up 1,237%), “Rocket” (up 584%), “Partition” (up 390%), “Pretty Hurts” (up 332%), and “Drunk In Love” (up 324%).
i2zMOINAX6Z7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom