• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyFaith

Break The Rules is iconic. I'm 23.

The fleet of ciccones seething at that comment.

91'ers unite

miley-cyrus-23-tumblr23-tumblr-hngrlmmw.gif

rude

Banned
Not quite sure what you're insinuating? I'm just here to discuss the bops; I thought that was the intention of this sub-community?

Sai-kun

Banned
blushing @ the four of u :3 hope everyone's been well~

not nearly as into pop music as i used to be, though obviously i fucking /love/ La Roux's second album, and i'm excited for the stuff that Yelle has been putting out. Still need to get around to this fka twigs gal. got the album but never listened!

has anyone heard from florence + the machine lately???

rude

Banned
Mau ®;128216135 said:
Yay another Rih stan!

Just in time for OTX and the #R8 era.
she's an ignoramus in her personal life so i'm not really there for her like that but i listen to watch n learn daily so. i'm hfh if the album gives me more mother mary/pour it up rather than that jump/edm trash.

Azealia, Mariah, Rih, Lana, Nicki when she's a feature, Beyoncé sometimes. Taylor is cute I guess when you're driving the car /whatever.

idk I like basically everybody. Not a rabid stan, I'll call out a fave if a song sucks.

What are your thoughts on Lady Gaga?

cory64

best things of OT9:
1. Beyoncé her ***Flawless remix
2. Beyoncé her self-titled performance
3. FKA twigs her LP1
4. Anaconda her music video
5. Charli XCX her Break The Rules
6. Two Weeks her music video
7. Anaconda her cover art
8. Break Free her music video
9. Jesus Ware her Tough Love single
10. Taylor her Shake It Off single

RubyFaith

Jhene has been around a lot longer than Tinashe tho, granted she's been flopping longer as well. I don't know why I keep seeing people say Tinashe is going to be the next big thing. DJ Mustard is literally having all his songs played on the radio and besides, young black girl doing night-club dance music isn't a new trend and it hasn't really gave anyone a lasting career.

Lil' Mama
Teairra Mari (Phone Booth was so fucking good)
Tiffany Evans
Tyra B (I think she's a stud now?)
Ciara

all tried it
Ciara is the most successful of the bunch
Think about that

Bladenic

Jhene has been around a lot longer than Tinashe tho, granted she's been flopping longer as well. I don't know why I keep seeing people say Tinashe is going to be the next big thing. DJ Mustard is literally having all his songs played on the radio and besides, young black girl doing night-club dance music isn't a new trend and it hasn't really gave anyone a lasting career.

Lil' Mama
Teairra Mari (Phone Booth was so fucking good)
Tiffany Evans
Tyra B (I think she's a stud now?)
Ciara

all tried it
Ciara is the most successful of the bunch
Think about that

Not Teairra Mari lmao

Make Her Feel Good was a bop. Wasn't she Rih's label mate? And they came out same year too I think.

best things of OT9:
1. Beyoncé her ***Flawless remix
2. Beyoncé her self-titled performance
3. FKA twigs her LP1
4. Anaconda her music video
5. Charli XCX her Break The Rules
6. Two Weeks her music video
7. Anaconda her cover art
8. Break Free her music video
9. Jesus Ware her Tough Love single
10. Taylor her Shake It Off single
There was a notable banning or two.