• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
halcyon was really good wasnt it
thing.gif

i liked halcyon but lights is better because i like music you can spin around your room to and pretend to be a fairy, lights was incredibly dreamy
2f010f9e.gif

anyway, The Moment I Knew, one of the Red bonus tracks, is actually very good. I tend to ignore them when dipping in and out of the album, but I've been playing the Lord on shuffle in preparation for 1989, this song came on and I bopped.

What do you say
When tears are streaming down your face
In front of everyone you know?
And what do you do when the one
Who means the most to you
Is the one who didn't show?

You should've been here.
And I would've been so happy.

And it was like slow motion,
Standing there in my party dress,
In red lipstick,
With no one to impress,
And they're all standing around me singing
"Happy birthday to you",
But there was one thing missing,
And that was the moment I knew.

Bladenic

I don't think Arianus will ever make the kind of impact Britney did back in the previous century.
The rest of the OP was something I could... partially agree with. I use Love Me Harder and Be My Baby

ThxWys7.gif

Yours,

A.

Get into Break Your Heart Right Back

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That thread is giving me endles kiiis

BUT

In more important news I'm going to Bestival tomorrow
Gonna shake my pussy to Disclosure, Outkast, London Grammar, Sam Smith, La Roux, Paloma Faith, Clean Bandit, Basement Jaxx, Kiesza and hunt down Diplo's peen with the ferocity of a starved bloodhound.
If I never post again it will be because I've ascended to heaven as White Noise live will have ended me
big.gif

Have you bought fashion icon and magazine darling Grimes' issue of POP magazine?

6a00e54ef96453883401a73e0ab48e970d-700wi

she looks like shit
thing.gif

Hendo track is kinda bleh, the Lights one is cute. I've heard that she's pretty good but I've never been able to get into her. Mayhaps I should try again

Gonna shake my pussy to Disclosure, Outkast, London Grammar, Sam Smith, La Roux, Paloma Faith, Clean Bandit, Basement Jaxx, Kiesza and hunt down Diplo's peen with the ferocity of a starved bloodhound.
If I never post again it will be because I've ascended to heaven as White Noise live will have ended me

wow, hunting down the chode. I guess it takes all sorts.

if you never post again it'll be because you got blackout drunk and fell into the sea, the end

Mariah was so so beautiful. Unreal.

I'm coming around on her after seeing that footage of her schmoozing at the mic during that private party. LIVED

Zutroy

Madonna teamed up with Apple and Siri?

Madonna fans have noticed a possible team-up with Apple.

Rumours are circulating that the singer's alleged new single - titled either 'Unapologetic Bitch' or 'Bitch, I'm Madonna' - samples Siri's voice. Siri is an artificial intelligence assistant found on Apple iPhone and iPad devices.

Madonna 'Unapologetic Bitch' in Siri.

Madonna's new album: What we know so far

The speculation was increased further when someone noticed that saying 'Unapologetic Bitch' into Siri swiftly loads Madonna's Wikipedia page, seemingly creating a link between the service and the superstar.

Searching Wikipedia online, 'Unapologetic Bitch' isn't mentioned on Madonna's main page, making the Siri search result even more curious.

What's more, while simply typing 'Unapologetic Bitch' into Google or Bing does bring up results relating to Madonna, the star's main Wikipedia page isn't even within the first 30 search results.

It wouldn't be the first time the Cupertino-based company has teamed up with a female superstar. iTunes exclusively launched Beyoncé's self-titled album last December, after she surprised fans with a stealth release on the store.

Meanwhile, Diplo recently spoke about working with Madonna on 'Bitch, I'm Madonna', saying the track is "very cool".

Madonna has yet to confirm the release date for her 13th studio album, but has been teasing the recording process on Instagram with the hashtag #UnapologeticBitch.

We reached out to Siri for confirmation of a possible Madonna collaboration, but they declined to comment.

9BmTDag.jpg

cory64

It was either Madonna or Rihanna for the iTunes deal (Adele doesn't really tour and Taylor's going traditional), guess we know who now.

I'm actually upset at how Break The Rules is completely ruined. The first 25 seconds are the tone the song should have taken the whole way through. The moment the percussion is introduced the song NOSEDIVES.

Break The Rules her chorus is a big letdown. The rest is basically perfect.

The chorus just feels so ridiculously rebellious teenager that I can't help but roll my eyes a bit.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
wow, hunting down the chode. I guess it takes all sorts.

if you never post again it'll be because you got blackout drunk and fell into the sea, the end

You shady ho.

Calvin Harris has a new song coming out with John Newman called Blame
Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3
Clip 4
Video premiers on the 4th, song released in the Uk on the 9th (most unusual for the UK). Will smash most likely
He also released a song called C.U.B.A a while back

Bye Break the Rules is magnificent, as in actual pure genius, as in Top Five Tracks of the Year genius. Chorus is one of the best choruses I've heard all year, brilliantly infectious.

Honestly, you may as well write off Sucker now if you don't like Break the Rules because her entire aesthetic seems to be based off of that punk-pop-rebel thing so it's not going to be for you.

The rebellious teenager thing is perf, the only people that would think otherwise are teachers' pets and the anciently old (like 25 and over). Or maybe you just hate FUN.

As for the Madonna thing, pfft. Beyonce's legend status is rooted in the quality of the music as well as how it dropped. If someone drops a mediocre album the same way, lol.

The rebellious teenager thing is perf, the only people that would think otherwise are teachers' pets and the anciently old (like 25 and over). Or maybe you just hate FUN.

I'm 25. RIP.

But I'll still give Sucker a fair go. I do think the chorus in Break The Rules is very infectious. And I can tolerate the rebel pop-punkiness of it. It's just not my cup of tea for the most part.

SaintZ

I like Break The Rules a lot but the first time I listened to it I was like "isn't this bitch too old to be singing about school?" then I looked up Charli's age
riz043qux5.gif
I thought she was older. The video give me some Avril teas tbh.
the only people that would think otherwise are teachers' pets and the anciently old (like 25 and over). Or maybe you just hate FUN.
Now bitch, I might be 28 but I probably look younger than your ass.

bootzkrayxoi6v.gif

bitch didn't you just get your GCSE's

At least some bitches have GCSEs. They teach you about apostrophes, and when not to use them.

Now bitch, I might be 28 but I probably look younger than your ass.

This is literally impossible. Unless you also resemble the world's tallest twelve year old, in which case you have my sympathies. It's hard.

Anyway, I was kidding you guyssss
I can't even imagine myself at 20, that sounds old enough. I can't accept that I will soon have irrevocably lost the first two decades of my life.

Matt_

Erm coming for the oaps I understand but you did not just come for the 20 year olds

royalan

Never Forever,

Please have your young ass a seat somewhere and stop jumping all over the furniture.

Thank you.

Yours Truly,
Royalan(28)

Surprised to see this thread still chucking along. Has OT9 been one of the slowest ones yet? Lawd

Btw I think I have OT11, if that initial list we made is still our metric. If so prep yo loins queens. #glorytogod #yaaaas #essays #non-sequiturs #thriving #CHURCH

cory64

Surprised to see this thread still chucking along. Has OT9 been one of the slowest ones yet? Lawd

Btw I think I have OT11, if that initial list we made is still our metric. If so prep yo loins queens. #glorytogod #yaaaas #essays #non-sequiturs #thriving #CHURCH

Nice and slow. My impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom