• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble she has a few bops. Saturday Night, Boys Don't Cry, Outta Time, and Stop Me. I put my high heels on so I'm closer to god is such a moment.

Perfectionist she has a single bop. Zombie.

rude

Banned
What exactly does Natalia kill? Her chances at ever charting at a reasonable number on billboard? The brain cells of several deluded tumblr stans? The self-esteem of the girls she fat shames? She betta come 4 those pennies!

You have flawless taste. I have a soft spot for Broke and Heaven.

What exactly does Natalia kill? Her chances at ever charting at a reasonable number on billboard? The brain cells of several deluded tumblr stans? The self-esteem of the girls she fat shames? She betta come 4 those pennies!

x-tina.gif

Excellent, plz stick around.

Vazduh

Roy, this one's for you!

Junglepussy - Nah (official video)

You forgot to add Madonna's career to that list
5Me7MpK.gif
Anyway, Kills, Poops, I don't care what's her name, as long as she delivers good songs. Most of my faves are bubbling under Top 1000 in Ghana, Uzbekistan and Malta, and Natalia's no exception.

You have flawless taste. I have a soft spot for Broke and Heaven.

I love Broke, too! In fact, I like most of that album, but as a whole, I prefer Trouble.

Cackling right now at Vazduh's foresight:

Apparently, a big Madonna fansite has gotten the 'scoop' on Madonna's 13th album.

Madonna has worked with many producers and collaborators, including Avicii, Diplo, Natalia Kills, Martin Kierszenbaum, S1, Toby Gad, MoZella, MNEK and even Pharrell! (NF Note: if this turns to Hard Candy Pt 2, I may kill myself)
Some of the songs are incredibly good, some are forgettable, but only Madonna will have the final say on which tracks will make the cut.

The original demos with Avicii (Rebel Heart, Messiah…) have a great concept and it’s everything you can expect from a Madonna album. It’s smart, mature and rich, but it lacks the real radio hits.

Madonna’s work with Diplo (Bitch I’m Madonna, Living for love, Unapologetic Bitch…) is more trap/electro pop. Some of these tracks are a better fit for radio play, although they can sound a little immature at times.

The Toby/Mozella/S1 (Iconic, Body Shop, Joan of Ark…) collaboration has some truly great songs, in contrast to the sessions with Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum which aren’t particularly interesting.

:ahhh:

SomeTrack Names:
Autotune Baby
Bitch, I’m Madonna
Body Shop
Holy Water
Iconic
Inside Out
Joan of Ark
Living for Love/Carry On
Messiah
Rebel Heart
Unapologetic Bitch
Veni Vedi Vici
Wash All Over Me

Some of these are kinda, um
icdsrg0dRQ846.gif

Read more here, if you dare

that list of collaborators :rip:

But I do like the sound of this one:
Two Steps Behind

The song isn’t directed towards Lady Gaga, but to all younger artists trying to steal Madonna’s recipe. Even though Madonna had fun writing and recording this track, there’s a big possibility that it won’t be included on the album.

Some lyrics:
“You’re a copycat [...] Where is my royalty? [...] You’re a pretty girl, I’ll give you that.”

“Did you study me hard enough? [...] You’re never gonna be, you’re just a wannabe me. [...] Like a sister all messed-up, who’s gonna help you out? [...] In your fantasy, you can try it all. But you can’t be me.”

“You can walk the walk, even talk the talk. But you’ll always be two steps behind me.”

who even knows if it's real, but it's fun to think about. Unapologetic Bitch is apparently reggae-esque, which if we remember what Charlisus XCX was talking about a while back, makes sense.

I feel sorry for the bitches who wanted a return to the high-minded 'ideas' Madonna. This all feels quite reactive and engaged with the real world, if that makes sense? Idk how to phrase it.

rude

Banned
Madonna and her struggle vocals need to channel a bygone era like Confessions... did. She just can't keep up with any of this modern production. I thought people only ironically stanned her a la Taylor/Robyn/Uffie etc

Mau ®

Madonna and her struggle vocals need to channel a bygone era like Confessions... did. She just can't keep up with any of this modern production. I thought people only ironically stanned her a la Taylor/Robyn/Uffie etc

Why would anyone ironically stan Robyn? She's legit good. And so is Madonna, regardless of recent mediocre output.

rude

Banned
Ciara sounds great once her voice has been f*cked w/enough in the studio. Madge sounds like shit in compressed youtube audio/320kbps/flac/your choice of bitrate sis.

Mau ®;128340491 said:
What would ya'll say are POPGAF's most ancitipated releases for this Fall?

Jesus Ware - Tough Love (Oct 6)

Charli XCX - Sucker (Oct 20)

iamamiwhoami - Blue (Nov 10)

Florence + The Machine - TBA
maybe?

Rih* - TBA

Madonna* - TBA

*I'm not as hyped for Rih or Madonna but it'll be nice to hear something new from them.

Mau ®;128340491 said:
What would ya'll say are POPGAF's most ancitipated releases for this Fall?

1) 1989
2) R8
3)
4)
5)

Mau ®;128353829 said:
ARTPOP is mostly horrible. Why would anyone want a vol.2 of that?

Because even though ARTPOP is Gaga's worst album it's still chock full of fantastic bops which is always a guarantee with Lady. A testament to her pop music panache tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom