• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Oop, silly me, sorry! :D

I just saw that clip you posted and now I completely understand why both of you would be embarrassed for Inna. When did she exactly start appropriating? I don't remember her being that way a few years ago.
And Cola Song indeed sounds a lot like Piñata, but let's face it, diversity was never Inna's strong point. When it comes to her songs, I only need two things: a) for her to deliver a generic bop, b) to look hot. So far she hasn't disappointed, tbh.
I think it started during the Club Rocker era. Her albums sell well here and she comes here all the time. To be fair to Inna, she's really nice to fans and seems to love the country. It's just... I don't know... too much. And yeah, she doesn't have to do much to deliver. If this comes up in the club I'll be shaking my ass to it tbh.
WhoopiDead.gif
Where have you been sis.

Yas my country stanning.
8zdxcqdurg.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
West Coast is everything I hoped it would be! I love songs that feel like the craftsmanship was handled on a microscopic level, but in its final form retains this larger-than-life kind of ambience. The production in Lana's songs are some of the best in the business because it's always meant to be a vehicle driving a narrative, rather than something that's meant to be appreciated on its own (though you can still appreciate it as an isolated piece of art if you'd like).

This song sounds so cinematic; like Ride, I feel like I can visualize a storyline immediately when I listen to it. The vocal harmonies are angelic as fuck, and I love the unexpected but seamless transitions in and out of the chorus. Totally an adventure. The beautiful acapella at the end just makes me wish for a longer outro or something, just because it's such a beautiful vocal synth.

I can tell that she's maturing lyrically, though most of this song still retains her lyrical dynamic of half colloquialisms and half elegant imagery. She makes me connect with her songs so easily because of that (and name-dropping familiar motifs like Queen of Saigon is awesome IMO).

I'll need to listen to this song a few more times to really take it all in, but as of now I'm super fucking stoked for Ultraviolence. Lead singles are almost never a proper indication of the album's brand, but at least I can expect a moderate step forward thematically while also keeping those qualities that made Born To Die and Paradise so magical. Slay lots, Lana.

Wait at this beautiful post. These are my feelings.

Dqncz1h.gif

Majmun

West Coast is just very good. I'm blown away by it. It sounds different, but still very Lana. LOVE IT

Let me perch for Ultraviolence. The other pop bitches better hide
i0jol0s206fmo.gif

Vazduh

ibsroSggFC4jHY.gif

Perched for BWET track leakage tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if Azealia actually dared to leak one of the tracks, but I don't see her label giving in and releasing the album, she's playing with fire. That tactics might have worked for Angel Haze in the sense that she actually got to release her album, but the damn thing flopped hard, and same thing will happen to Azealia if she gets to release it now because there's not enough buzz anymore.

Btw, how come nobody commented on Nicki Minaj's look from yesterday's MTV Movie Awards? She looked incredible.

YPmKBdD.jpg

Yado

I wouldn't be surprised if Azealia actually dared to leak one of the tracks, but I don't see her label giving in and releasing the album, she's playing with fire. That tactics might have worked for Angel Haze in the sense that she actually got to release her album, but the damn thing flopped hard, and same thing will happen to Azealia if she gets to release it now because there's not enough buzz anymore.

Btw, how come nobody commented on Nicki Minaj's look from yesterday's MTV Movie Awards? She looked incredible.

YPmKBdD.jpg

Azealia is synonymous with delays I'm not expecting anything tomorrow but she should have some random throwaway tracks that won't make it on the album to leak. I get the impression her label is looking for the "right time" or another lightning in a bottle song like 212 but I don't see that happening for her. Azealia's music/image just isn't mainstream enough to get them what they're waiting for. They tried it with ATM Jam and that was shit.

Nicki looked really good. I'm loving this scaled back look on her.

Vazduh

Azealia is synonymous with delays I'm not expecting anything tomorrow but she should have some random throwaway tracks that won't make it on the album to leak. I get the impression her label is looking for the "right time" or another lightning in a bottle song like 212 but I don't see that happening for her. Azealia's music/image just isn't mainstream enough to get them what they're waiting for. They tried it with ATM Jam and that was shit.

Nicki looked really good. I'm loving this scaled back look on her.

Exactly what I wanted to say, her label is waiting, but it'll simply never happen (although I'd love for her to succeed, cause despite all her messiness she is damn talented). They should have released her album soon after the 1991 EP, it's too late now. ATM Jam was just one of the nails in her coffin.

Awesome for Lana.

Meanwhile, Girl Under The iTunes Top 400 is slowly (keyword "slowly") gaining traction on top 40 radio. Last I checked it's number 37 I think. I find it almost fascinating how Gaga has to really fight to get attention for her single this era. Otherwise it'll just bubble under and go unnoticed. Ah well, song is still gay magic.

Totally forgot about GUY. Did it flop?

It's nowhere to be seen in the Hot Top 100. Wow, I guess so.

Girl it's not even in the top 400. Under the charts like a G.U.Y.

If a music video isn't giving it traction I'm not sure what will, though it's doing alright on radio. Maybe this will be a slow burner.

Fey

Banned
So happy West Coast is doing well so far. Hopefully it doesn't free fall.

Totally forgot about GUY. Did it flop?

It's nowhere to be seen in the Hot Top 100. Wow, I guess so.

Peaked @ 76 and then fell out, iirc.

Its performance on itunes:

guygrscy.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Lana Del ReySlay!
May this be ha 21 era, and may should do an extensive tour of the UK because I want tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom